Recent content by BK-tdm

1. BK-tdm

How to change flashlight color in stealth game

Id reccomend using a parallel process for the flashlight thing, and placing it on the map you need, you need player position x AND y saved as different variables, then event positions too as different variables and do a math of player x - event 1,2,3... x and player y - event 1,2,3... y if the...
  2. BK-tdm

How to change flashlight color in stealth game

Not really a hundred common events just a looong parallel process that checks player X,Y vs event 1,2,3,4... X,Y and If the distance is X then apply the balloon/light changes you want.
  3. BK-tdm

I suspect a vampire doggo... :kaoswt2:

I suspect a vampire doggo... :kaoswt2:
  4. BK-tdm

Inflation within your game.

Even though realistic this would enter the "bs" realm of obnoxious gameplay,losing a resource because of a random occurence you have no control or way to avoid will be very very infuriating gsmeplay wise,imagine entering a dungeon and you get a message "your sword broke, oops!" And then remove...
  5. BK-tdm

What's the best way to show animations in my game?

Any particular reason you cant build a spritesheet with said pngs and make a "proper" animation in the editor you can then call using "show animation" event command? That will only require 1 image and should avoid any big filesize issues.
  6. BK-tdm

Common event before calling menu

The common event can have "stuff" after the menu is show and they will process after the menu is closed. i show a picture before the menu pops and delete it when the menu closes so its proven that the event will run in its entirety it will just pause while the menu runs its own processes so...
  7. BK-tdm

Depends on the setting and although duel is normally used in 1v1 scenarios it could be applied...

Depends on the setting and although duel is normally used in 1v1 scenarios it could be applied to 2 conflicting goups.
  8. BK-tdm

Dodge/Backstep ABS

Well im using yanfly common button events (MV) and one simple command: Thats it for a backstep, make sure to skip if you cant move or you will be stuck forever, jumping would require region checks either by terrain tags or region ids and that would require you to set up your maps properly.
  9. BK-tdm

Tbh if i were an indie game musician i would be instantly discouraged to work next to such a...

Tbh if i were an indie game musician i would be instantly discouraged to work next to such a huge name, super intimidating :kaoswt:
  10. BK-tdm

What platform(s) do you release your games on?

How do you post in aldorlea? Checked the site but im a bit confused.
  11. BK-tdm

What platform(s) do you release your games on?

Im keeping on itch as i havent delved in other sites, i know gamejolt but havent published anything there yet. ill just lurk around here to write down platforms i can upload to :kaopride:
  12. BK-tdm

What was the first RPG you ever played, and what was the oldest?

Im not sure about the first one, it might have been breath of fire 4, that one i played fully, i had clashes with zelda ocarina of time but i didnt had an N64 it could have been pokemon gold too but im unsure, i've played a huge amount of games over the years. :kaoswt: Oldest one? Probably...
  13. BK-tdm

Dodge/Backstep ABS

Im not familiar with chrono engine but i use an abs myself, can you rebind keys to anything else? If you can then rebind it to a common event that does a moveroute for the player that either does 1 step back or jumps backward. In both cases you will need either a collision check plugin/script...
  14. BK-tdm

Ookami looks different from what i remember... :kaoslp:

Ookami looks different from what i remember... :kaoslp:
  15. BK-tdm

Using variables, condition branches and common events for a limited item quest.

If you always give gold for the rat tails why would the player give 1 at a time to get 50g from this npc. If thats their only function on this interaction you could chop a lot of the code. I have a similar system in one part where you get rewarded for collecting and handing over a specific...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Everywhere I go to, everyone brings up the heat being insane. Is this an omen? :kaoswt2:
Bex
Edit: Sorry wrong Thread.

So whats new?
Damn today was hot again XD, perfect for the cool Basement XD.
Happy RPG Maker Contest everyone.
So my team has a big upcoming event regarding our game, so I've had to draw like 20+ chibi characters so far to illustrate the game's mechanics. And I'm not done still... But! At least it is way less to do now.:kaopride:
show chibi.jpg
You have 6 numbers for PIN and 10 numbers of input. This means, for the rest of your life, you will at least never press the other 4 numbers.
:kaoswt: Doing this for 100s of dialogues over 100s of 3DCGs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMSOHAPPY