BlackRoseMii

Veteran, Female, 26, from Germany

Veteran

Now that my game is in the beta phase, I have nothing to do. Nov 15, 2019

BlackRoseMii was last seen:
Viewing thread Please help me proofread my Tutorial, Dec 16, 2019 at 8:35 PM
    1. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      Okay, I'll post my finished game. But there's one problem. Since I still need some beta-testers and might make a few changes (depending on what my testers say) I'm not sure where to post it. In developement or completed games?
      1. cabfe
        cabfe
        Completed games are not supposed to be updated, unless there's a game breaking bug maybe. But you can always have your topic moved from "in dev" to "completed" by a mod when you're ready.
        Apr 28, 2015
      2. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        Okay, thanks^^
        Apr 28, 2015
      3. KanaX
        KanaX
        I can beta-test for you.
        Apr 28, 2015
    2. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      Finally finished my side project! But I'm not sure if it's good enough to post it here...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. KanaX
        KanaX
        It's true. The fact that you are self-conscious about it, proves that it's definitely better than most of the atrocities we see here. :p
        Apr 28, 2015
      3. Seriel
        Seriel
        Yep. ^
        Apr 28, 2015
      4. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        do it or....I confiscate your pen tablet!
        Apr 28, 2015
    3. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      I hate using a translator all the time. I wish my first language would be english -.-°
      2. Nathanial
        Nathanial
        To elaborate, your writing/translations are just fine. There's people that speak English as their first language that aren't as coherent on the internet. I wouldn't worry about it.
        Apr 22, 2015
      3. Warpmind
        Warpmind
        I second Nathanial there - native speakers are often a lot lazier with their language skills than someone who has a secondary, and maybe even tertiary and so on language. In the world of today, where English is the most widespread language (not the most spoken native language, being beaten by Mandarin Chinese and Spanish), having it as a second language is an incredible asset in communication.
        Apr 22, 2015
      4. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        Well, I'm actually pretty confident in my skills, but my main problem is, that I don't know enough to be able to make different speech patterns. Though I'd need that, since the characters in my game are from different social origins.
        Apr 22, 2015
    4. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      I love making Linearts! ...I hate coloring them...
      1. Gothic Lolita
        Gothic Lolita
        Well, then I do the coloring. :p (\s/)

But probably not even quite good enough for high quality coloring and shading. ;)

Can't do the lineart. :D /)
        Apr 18, 2015
      2. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        Sure, why not? The art is just finished, but I could send you the lineart anyway, (PM please, if you're really interested XD)
        Apr 18, 2015
      3. Gothic Lolita
        Gothic Lolita
        One good question is, does it need to be shaded?

Because I'm actually pretty bad at those things. (\s/)
        Apr 18, 2015
    5. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      Why do all those game ideas come when I don't need them?
      1. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Write down an outline and save them up for later, then. It's better to have a lot than none at all, right?
        Apr 16, 2015
    6. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      Made up a class system for fun. Current count: 44 classes. I'm proud of myself^^
      1. BlackLiquidSorrow
        BlackLiquidSorrow
        Would you be willing to share those with us?
        Apr 5, 2015
      2. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        Sure. Though for now, they don't have any stats or skills. And I don't know where to post it ^^°
        Apr 5, 2015
      3. Blah_Blee
        Blah_Blee
        Wow, I thought 25 classes in my game was too much. I hope the classes you made are varied and interesting.
        Apr 5, 2015
    7. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      Are there no other ways to show the actor during dialogue, besides Face and Bust?
      2. Clydous
        Clydous
        You could zoom in on the character as he/she is speaking, and make the camera pan over to other characters involved int he conversation when their time to speak comes? Would that work? =P
        Apr 4, 2015
      3. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        That would be one option, but I'm still not sure. I'd like to think of something new...
        Apr 4, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Please ask for game help in the forum, not on the status feed.
        Apr 4, 2015
    8. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      did you made any progress to your game > : 3 !?
    9. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      I wish someone would ask me every week what I've done for my game and scold me if I haven't done anything. That would really motivate me.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Just go for it. Sometimes we are all tired and miss posts, but the more you post there the more feedback you tend to get.
        Apr 1, 2015
      3. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        There's always the goals and progress thread...
        Apr 1, 2015
      4. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        The hardest part is to sit down and resume the work xD Then everything flows naturally.

Sometimes we have to force ourselves to do that step!
        Apr 1, 2015
    10. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      The only time I'm happy to have a bit more weight: During a storm...
      2. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        o_O xD!

Three years ago there was a heavy storm here where I live that it actually blew some people off o.o I had no electricity for like 5 days after. No joke.

And I just hope you're not like my cousin who is paranoid about her weight when she is perfect as she is! I don't like those skinny model girls at all :S
        Mar 31, 2015
      3. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        Me neither, but I guess everyone has a few spots on their body they would like to change.
        Mar 31, 2015
      4. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        Yep. Just don't stress with that you cannot change :)
        Mar 31, 2015
    11. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      My recent love for fake screenshots has evolved into an obsession. I wonder if I should include them in my graphic workshop?
      2. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        That's really nice, I wouldn't call it a fake screenshot. It'd be more like an anime-styled still image.
        Mar 29, 2015
      3. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        Well, that's one way to call it XD I'm just used calling it fake screenshot, because that's the name I heard first about this style.
        Mar 29, 2015
      4. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Fake screenshot to me just sounds liek a highly modified ingame screenshot lol
        Mar 29, 2015
    12. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      I'm thinking about changing the setting in my fangame to make it somewhat original and still keep important parts the same. But how do I accomplish that?
      2. Uzuki
        Uzuki
        That's what I usually do in my fan work. It's best to just use material that's there already and make it your own.
        Mar 21, 2015
      3. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        But if I'd make the characters and setting my own, wouldn't I get copyright issues?
        Mar 21, 2015
      4. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        I don't think so or else LoL, HoN and every other Moba game out there would be in trouble xD!
        Mar 21, 2015
    13. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      Great...GIMP refuses to make a gif of my animation. So much for including animated scenes in my game...
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Seems like a lot of work! I've, personally, just made cut-scenes in the Maker itself. :)
        Mar 18, 2015
      3. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        It is a lot of work. But seeing the finished work is worth all the effort. My animations aren't perfect, but I they already look like you could make an anime of it^^
        Mar 18, 2015
      4. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        Ok, it finally worked ^^ (And the reason was: too many layers XD)
        Mar 18, 2015
    14. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      Animating is hard, but still kinda fun^^
    15. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      I have so much free time and so less motivation to work on my game...
      1. Shuji
        Shuji
        We are in two!
        Mar 8, 2015
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        pick something to do then! if you don't know what to do, then I'll pick somethin' for ya. work on your writings! :>
        Mar 8, 2015
    16. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      I can't believe how attached I can become to a character after a single scene.
    17. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      I love making fake screenshot right now. Has anyone a scene I should make for them?
    18. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      I know it sounds weird, saying it all of a sudden. But I really like to tell all the composers on this website how awesome their work is and that many tracks already made me cry. Thank you.
      2. Scythuz
        Feb 18, 2015
      3. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        Yay music! And yay making people cry! XD
        Feb 18, 2015
      4. BlackRoseMii
        BlackRoseMii
        I wish I could at least get into making music, but my creativity fails me every time.
        Feb 18, 2015
    19. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      Just made an awesome songtext that I might use in one of my future projects.
      1. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Very nice!
        Feb 16, 2015
    20. BlackRoseMii
      BlackRoseMii
      I like it when someone from a game or anime cuts his/her hair short. Why? I don't know XD
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        *high five*
        Feb 13, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 17, 1993 (Age: 26)
    First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA