BlackRoseMii
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• That feeling when you don't get what you wanted and you can't do anything to change it, because you asked the wrong question...
    Shaz
    Shaz
    maybe there wasn't enough communication at the start? I imagine that could be a common problem - people eager to provide or receive something, and both THINK they're talking about the same thing, when they're really not.
    Okay, I'll post my finished game. But there's one problem. Since I still need some beta-testers and might make a few changes (depending on what my testers say) I'm not sure where to post it. In developement or completed games?
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Completed games are not supposed to be updated, unless there's a game breaking bug maybe. But you can always have your topic moved from "in dev" to "completed" by a mod when you're ready.
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    Okay, thanks^^
    KanaX
    KanaX
    I can beta-test for you.
    Finally finished my side project! But I'm not sure if it's good enough to post it here...
    KanaX
    KanaX
    It's true. The fact that you are self-conscious about it, proves that it's definitely better than most of the atrocities we see here. :p
    Seriel
    Seriel
    Yep. ^
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    do it or....I confiscate your pen tablet!
    I hate using a translator all the time. I wish my first language would be english -.-°
    Nathanial
    Nathanial
    To elaborate, your writing/translations are just fine. There's people that speak English as their first language that aren't as coherent on the internet. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    I second Nathanial there - native speakers are often a lot lazier with their language skills than someone who has a secondary, and maybe even tertiary and so on language. In the world of today, where English is the most widespread language (not the most spoken native language, being beaten by Mandarin Chinese and Spanish), having it as a second language is an incredible asset in communication.
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    Well, I'm actually pretty confident in my skills, but my main problem is, that I don't know enough to be able to make different speech patterns. Though I'd need that, since the characters in my game are from different social origins.
    I love making Linearts! ...I hate coloring them...
    Gothic Lolita
    Gothic Lolita
    Well, then I do the coloring. :p (\s/)

But probably not even quite good enough for high quality coloring and shading. ;)

Can't do the lineart. :D /)
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    Sure, why not? The art is just finished, but I could send you the lineart anyway, (PM please, if you're really interested XD)
    Gothic Lolita
    Gothic Lolita
    One good question is, does it need to be shaded?

Because I'm actually pretty bad at those things. (\s/)
    Why do all those game ideas come when I don't need them?
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    Write down an outline and save them up for later, then. It's better to have a lot than none at all, right?
    Made up a class system for fun. Current count: 44 classes. I'm proud of myself^^
    BlackLiquidSorrow
    BlackLiquidSorrow
    Would you be willing to share those with us?
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    Sure. Though for now, they don't have any stats or skills. And I don't know where to post it ^^°
    Blah_Blee
    Blah_Blee
    Wow, I thought 25 classes in my game was too much. I hope the classes you made are varied and interesting.
    Are there no other ways to show the actor during dialogue, besides Face and Bust?
    ThatMaestroGuy
    ThatMaestroGuy
    You could zoom in on the character as he/she is speaking, and make the camera pan over to other characters involved int he conversation when their time to speak comes? Would that work? =P
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    That would be one option, but I'm still not sure. I'd like to think of something new...
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please ask for game help in the forum, not on the status feed.
    I wish someone would ask me every week what I've done for my game and scold me if I haven't done anything. That would really motivate me.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Just go for it. Sometimes we are all tired and miss posts, but the more you post there the more feedback you tend to get.
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    There's always the goals and progress thread...
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    The hardest part is to sit down and resume the work xD Then everything flows naturally.

Sometimes we have to force ourselves to do that step!
    The only time I'm happy to have a bit more weight: During a storm...
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    o_O xD!

Three years ago there was a heavy storm here where I live that it actually blew some people off o.o I had no electricity for like 5 days after. No joke.

And I just hope you're not like my cousin who is paranoid about her weight when she is perfect as she is! I don't like those skinny model girls at all :S
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    Me neither, but I guess everyone has a few spots on their body they would like to change.
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    Yep. Just don't stress with that you cannot change :)
    My recent love for fake screenshots has evolved into an obsession. I wonder if I should include them in my graphic workshop?
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    That's really nice, I wouldn't call it a fake screenshot. It'd be more like an anime-styled still image.
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    Well, that's one way to call it XD I'm just used calling it fake screenshot, because that's the name I heard first about this style.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Fake screenshot to me just sounds liek a highly modified ingame screenshot lol
    I'm thinking about changing the setting in my fangame to make it somewhat original and still keep important parts the same. But how do I accomplish that?
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    That's what I usually do in my fan work. It's best to just use material that's there already and make it your own.
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    But if I'd make the characters and setting my own, wouldn't I get copyright issues?
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    I don't think so or else LoL, HoN and every other Moba game out there would be in trouble xD!
    Great...GIMP refuses to make a gif of my animation. So much for including animated scenes in my game...
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Seems like a lot of work! I've, personally, just made cut-scenes in the Maker itself. :)
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    It is a lot of work. But seeing the finished work is worth all the effort. My animations aren't perfect, but I they already look like you could make an anime of it^^
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    Ok, it finally worked ^^ (And the reason was: too many layers XD)
    I have so much free time and so less motivation to work on my game...
    Shuji
    Shuji
    We are in two!
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    pick something to do then! if you don't know what to do, then I'll pick somethin' for ya. work on your writings! :>
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just going to leave this here because a lot of people here don't seem to understand the scope of what is going on:
My book/game tackles racism alot so I've been watching the news and social media absorbing everything as unbiasedly as I can for research but as a proud Caribbean black man my emotions are a whirlwind right now.
I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme