BlackRoseMii
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I'm already planning the designs for the future versions of the characters of my game. I wonder what I should do with them...
    Frostyfirefly
    Frostyfirefly
    As long as they feel unique and cool, you can do whatever you want with them in my opinion.
    Okay, I tried making outlines the normal way...I guess I'll stay with vector lines. Even making different different line depth is easier. I'll just have to think: F*** you! My artstyle! I can do what I want!
    To everybody who uses Sai (or any other program like that): What do you think about using a vector layer for the outlines? It sounds trivial, but that topic is bugging me since months and it's a moral problem for me...
    Makio-Kuta
    Makio-Kuta
    If it is bothering -you- and not just your friend, then that is a different matter. So, try out the smoothing option and see if it helps with a regular brush for you. :)
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    I tried it once, but I never noticed the were S-numbers. I only tried the normals ones Oo Thank you^^
    Makio-Kuta
    Makio-Kuta
    Yeah, the normal numbers don't seem to do much, but the S-# ones are really handy. :) No problem!
    I wish my best friend would just shut up already...She knows I'm not feeling well and still makes me feel worse.
    Bloodmorphed
    Bloodmorphed
    OW. I hope you feel better <3. If by chance you need someone to talk to you can send me a PM. (Not too sure why you are feeling bad so this could be a weird comment, oh well!)
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    Nah, that's okay. It's not much of a problem actually. I just get irritated whenever this topic is being talked about.
    Bloodmorphed
    Bloodmorphed
    Oh, well then, lets talk about happy things then. LIKE CAKE!
    I'm seriously asking too many questions these days. I wonder if I'm getting annoying.
    Bloodmorphed
    Bloodmorphed
    Look at this way: If you don't ask question you won't learn anything.
    Creating the story for a new game. It looks like it will be a fantasy Romeo-and-Juliet kind of story with the whole world being threatened...
    Idea for a short horror game. A storyline that was probably used a thousand times already, but I'll do it anyway.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Don't finish in time for the contest? Just take your time and finish at your own pace just to get it out there! Winning may be nice, but the real point is to have fun!
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    True^^
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Just be sure to have fun.

After all, a game you don't enjoy making, won't be enjoyable to play!
    Have lots of stuff to do, but I can't get this problem out of my head...Need a design for a certain character, but nothing is coming up >.<
    Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    I recommend watching things like anime, movies, or tv shows. Usually helps me come up with characters. Ooo and read some manga. You'd be surprised at the random things in these that give you ideas :)
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Or look at game artbooks.
    Why is it so difficult to come up with city and world names?
    Jomarcenter
    Jomarcenter
    I just made a full last of temporary name anyway.
    Xoltox
    Xoltox
    OjiblastablastaViele
    Redeye
    Redeye
    I just type in random names that pop up in my head, like, Raesheal, Moroweq, Lestedia, Urikil, Noers, Deil Xevos, Yev Kairog, etc. etc. They don't really make sense, but it's something I do.
    Battlers finally done! But the player will have to bear with a different art style and quality...That's all my skills can do...
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Are these for restaff?
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    no, for my own use. I don't think I'll ever be good enough for restaff.
    Great...Now I'm all ready to make my maps and no inspiration in sight. I even have all the maps in the previous version! I just need to make them better...
    Finally seeing some progress with my project. Music:Check, Story:Check, Charactersprites:Check. Now all I need are facesets, battlers, maps and I can seriously start. I even think about including voiced sutscenes.
    Trying to practise making parallax maps. And I just can't get it right >.< Seriously, I need help TT.TT
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    I'm using gimp. But that isn't really the problem. My problem is, that I can't get the map to work in the actual game.
    Baka-chan
    Baka-chan
    You need a parallax lock script for example and then you need to setup the invisible tiles to define where the player is able to walk.
    BlackRoseMii
    BlackRoseMii
    Thanks, but I've done this already. I've read many tutorials on this, but I still can't get it right. TT.TT
    Bored and having so many ideas for games. But I can't even start, because I can't make paralax maps even with tutorials. And I'm too stubborn to ask somebody else, because I think I'd be bothering them....That's stupid, right?
    Mon Dez
    Mon Dez
    Parallax mapping shouldn't be your forte if you want to start. Start with the default mapping first as practice and then move on little by little to parallax mapping.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    I think you misunderstand something important. Parallax maps aren't necessarily better maps than regular maps. However, good mappers can make great parallax maps. So it's important to remember that parallax maps =/= good mapper.
    Reynard Frost
    Reynard Frost
    ^^^^ This.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playing some Kingdom come: Deliverance. It's an interesting game... But for the first time ever I'm disappointed with Czech in a Czech game.
Anyone else find themselves skipping through spoken dialogue in games if they've finished reading said dialogue in the textbox? I do. Happens more often in JRPGs with me. I frequently finish reading the dialogue long before the VA is done speaking.
I've been pretty busy working on my Might and Magic inspired project. I've got the code for instructors in place, and I just finished up with the trap and resistance tests. The project is going very smoothly. I'm also learning more about Javascript which is helping out a lot. Arrays, they are your best friend!
Did some animated message faces. But why not animate menu faces too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lingyired