Recent content by blade2xs

1. blade2xs

RMMZ Character Vision to detect player

Yeah, I have a rough work schedule today and tomorrow so i'll jump back on it after.
  2. blade2xs

Ok so the math started to get a little too crazy and, my rule of thumb in coding is, "if it get complicated fast, its probably the wrong approach", so I shifted thinking... what if I double the size of the field of view, i'll get the same result AND I could ignore the rear side... this seems to...
  3. blade2xs

Closer... I'm trying to figure out how to shift the pivot point on the darn hit box... I have been able to figure it out on the display sprite but not the hit box yet :( The collision detection lib I am using, I had to force a vertice update when I was debugging through it so here is the new...
  4. blade2xs

Ok new update... I got the actual verticies debugging and found out my vision is all jacked up... I need to figure out the shape and how to set a center point on it to rotate properly Holy crap I spent waaaay to much time trying to figure out why it was acting weird
  5. blade2xs

RMMZ [SOLVED]Stuck trying to graw a graphic on screen for debugging

Update: I figured it out createVisionDebugBitmap() { if(this.IR_debug_sprite) { SceneManager._scene._spriteset.removeChild(this.IR_debug_sprite); } let gr = new PIXI.Graphics(); gr.beginFill(0xFF0000); gr.drawRect(0, 0...
  6. blade2xs

RMMZ [SOLVED]Stuck trying to graw a graphic on screen for debugging

I am building a plugin that handles NPC vision and player detection for MZ and while I was able to get some basic things working like tying visions to NPC looking direction and following the player when spotted, I am trying to debug where the vision shows on screen and the actual hit box...
  7. blade2xs

I think I have it figured out... I'm stuck on some of the Maths for rotations as my vector generation is off a bit... I need some help generating a debug graphics box and drawing it on the screen for the actual generated vectors for collision detection... I am so darn close on this
  8. blade2xs

Update. I have it partially working... Just struggling with getting the hit detection vertices to actually match with the sprite I draw (see the yellow vision lines and red character detection box) I added this js library to RMMZ https://github.com/davidfig/pixi-intersects to help withj...
  9. blade2xs

Here is an update, I figured out how to bind a collision rectangle shaped sprite on the main player, just not sure it the right area to do so... SceneManager.onSceneStart Is the even I check if the player has the visionCollision object attached and if it does not, i create a new instance to...
  10. blade2xs

Ok I got vision following the direction the characters are facing. Next is the actual collision detection of "seeing" the character
  11. blade2xs

I didn't find a flexible enough line of sight / vision plugin for RMMV so I'm working on a system for a game that has Character version accessible via script for RMMZ since there doesn't really appear to be visions scripts that can be affected by lighting, obstacles, stealth behavior etc. I may...
  12. blade2xs

RMMZ Is anyone working on an in game character creator plugin?

I found this http://sumrndm.site/character-creator-ex/ I may give it a look
  13. blade2xs

RMMZ Is anyone working on an in game character creator plugin?

This is something I am interested in too... I wonder if there is a dynamic way to build a character like this in game then be able to dynamically change parts like clothes or hair in game without generating a ton of physical sprite sheets of all the permutations
  14. blade2xs

RMMV [Solved] Independant Gauge Bars for NPC/Event on map

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! I did it!!!!! I borrowed code from a couple of plugin makers to understand the flow and shifted to sprites instead of windows and I was able to get the z-index under control and tailor the gauge more to my liking on a per character/player bases when needed in a script...
  15. blade2xs

RMMV [Solved] Independant Gauge Bars for NPC/Event on map

Update: Holy cow! I almost have it... just need to fix the z-index issue (seen in gif) and test it with multiple NPCs as well as test for performance and mem usage then I think i'll share the code... I borrowed code from other people and tweaked it though so I can't take all the credit

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's really not fun burning 4 hours looking at code and trying certain things and getting no where.
:kaoswt2: Steam seems down again... oh nevermind, it's up now
After so long, my random sprites set is complete! I wonder who could guess them all? :kaothx:
2COlHup.png

And yes, I'm doing more.
I'm thinking of devouring some tutorials for RPG Maker MV. Just all kinds: mapping, spriting, programming, ect. the whole works! :)

Maybe videos, my brother and I can sit down and watch them during one of our weekly business meetings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonboy92