Recent content by Blair Pendragon

1. Blair Pendragon

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

jooc why did u go with this one? (For my players, i go with a simple atk-def, but for enemies, i give them different formulas, depending on various factors. the main issue people have with the atk-def is easily solvable with many methods, which is why i make it adjustable on the enemies side...
  2. Blair Pendragon

Miscellaneous Plugins [SFG]

Well a work around for us would be to just make every action in the game, which heals mp, also remove the buff. (pretty much how death should have worked. leave the state removal to us, where we have to manually pick which states get removed from death, rather than it defaulting to removal of...
  3. Blair Pendragon

Miscellaneous Plugins [SFG]

For autobattle, what separates this from the in game version? nvm im stupid, forgot the part it said "in the options menu" lol.
  4. Blair Pendragon

I think I get "enough" of what you're saying. Thank you, I think i can use what you said to figure out anything else I may need. I see why you answered in the manner you did, as it said a lot of... what might appear to be"unrelated" information, but was a necessary foundation, to make heads and...
  5. Blair Pendragon

Im a bit confused which part this is addressing, as the quoted part is then mentioned again, but as if talking about a different quoted part. but, to see if i understand this, things in {these} are the same as just doing , this, correct? so if(b.isStateAffected(21)) {b.gainMp(-d) d}; else a.atk...
  6. Blair Pendragon

State that changes default attack

as said above, if seal skill isnt what you're looking for, but you want their basic attack to heal, you can also put that in the damage formula. if (!b.isStateAffected(id)) a.atk*4-b.def*2; else b.gainHp(a.atk*4-b.def*2)
  7. Blair Pendragon

just sending a message, to see if you noticed my reply to u, and to see if my answer was of any...

just sending a message, to see if you noticed my reply to u, and to see if my answer was of any help or not.
  8. Blair Pendragon

Damage MP instead of HP (MP Shield, temp HP)

This is a post about how to turn your MP into temporary HP. (Dealing damage to your MP instead of your HP.) (Yanfly has a semi similar effect, but with differences, and wasnt able to achieve this effect. It worked more like FFTA Blue Mage, or other games, where a portion of dmg is dealt to MP.)...
  9. Blair Pendragon

Heya, I'm having trouble with a formula. (honestly i dont even know what half the stuff does. I still dont know what ; means, and what : means) Im making a formula that makes C the same as the targets mp. then it makes a formula based on C, and assigns it to D. (I plan to change the targets MP...
  10. Blair Pendragon

Damage Formulas 101

Looking at the options here, I think an old idea I gave up on, is actually possible here... maybe. DAMAGE MP I had originally looked up pluggins for this, but none of them were designed "correctly". The idea: Put up a buff. While this buff is active, damage you take, has to go through your MP...
  11. Blair Pendragon

[Bug] Color Changes

While useful, these "solutions" are on your end, and not the players end. If you rolled out a game as is, everyone else who hasnt done these fixes, will see the colors incorrectly as well. Would be nice if the program worked more akin to other programs, and didnt require such a fix.
  12. Blair Pendragon

[Bug] Color Changes

This was a huge nightmare for when i was working on my project for one of the rpg maker contests. caused me to redo art nearly 20-30 times, till i got the right colors i wanted in game. (Dark muted colors become VERY colorful. Mostly noticeable in dark settings, where a grey becomes bright...
  13. Blair Pendragon

State to disable "Basic Attack". (MV)

I honestly have no idea how i missed that... lol. well, that explains why i couldnt find the answer in searches lol. XD ty, and sorry for wasting ur time.
  14. Blair Pendragon

State to disable "Basic Attack". (MV)

Hello, Ive been looking around google, and here, and I cant seem to find this type of "state". I do not wish to remove the attack option entirely, as all of my search results lead me to. I want a SINGLE character in my party to be unable to attack, SOMETIMES. Preferably through a state. I'm...
  15. Blair Pendragon

Event One Map Game Challenge

@Touchfuzzy It breaks the spirit of the contest? Interesting, I thought that WAS the "hint" of what you intended. I guess the real intent went over my head, what were you intending then? (because now you have my curiosity. Sorry if this doesnt belong here.))

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loowa