Blindga
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• At the end of the day, what relaxes you? A shower? A drink? Extra sleep? A simple sitdown? Or something else?
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    A good book, riding horses through the woods, observing my kids in just about anything they might be doing at the moment...
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Reading usually.
    Arkecia
    Arkecia
    Reflecting and trying to figure out the meaning behind things, or nightly strolls.
    I'm always a little too wordy on the initial draft of anything I do. For a backstory, is being too wordy a bad thing?
    Blindga
    Blindga
    I'll keep that in mind alkorri :) consider yourself part of the test team.
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    Err, yay? I am unexpectedly signed up :D
    Blindga
    Blindga
    More like recruited. I just like to touch in with people who mention interest outside of releases
    80F. So humid the air turns to mist. A deep fog you can barely see through. The pin pricks of the rain on your skin aren't enough to cool you down, but just enough to irritate a plethora of mosquitos and gnats around you. The weather I hate the most, but it does make a good setting.
    Quiet tomboy. Stylish lady, or sweet and girly. I can't decide where to begin building my character.
    Neverward
    Neverward
    Yeah even if a character may not show much of their past, or it may not seem very relevent, they will be a deeper more rounded out character and react different to things once you've thought out their past and personality more. No matter how small or big a role they play knowing more about them is never unnecessary imo :p
    Blindga
    Blindga
    Back story will come later. I would like to get an idea of how the character even looks now first though, that's my trouble at the moment.
    Makio-Kuta
    Makio-Kuta
    My vote still lies with stylish tomboy *^* heh
    I have an idea of using my childhood fears to create a story. My three worst fears were fear of the dark, open water, and the occult. I was an odd kid. But what were you afraid of when you were a little younger?
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    Open water, the dark, and the occult? Cthulhu comes....
    ThatChillingLittleKiddo
    ThatChillingLittleKiddo
    Heights, The dark, and thought the house would catch fire...
    wildwes
    wildwes
    I was afraid of the dark (I still am, a little bit, 'cuz I'm a wimp). Aaaand oh god cockroaches, I've been terrified of those all my life. Wait, was this supposed to be CHILDHOOD fears specifically, not present day ones? Oops.
    Sometimes I feel like an alien when it comes to working in the game development world. Aside from a precious few at least. Does the fact that people don't connect with what I say mean something good or bad?
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I say. . . neither! It's like in any other, I daresay, social situation. Some people will understand you, and some people simply won't get it. It's just a matter of finding the right people :)
    mlogan
    mlogan
    You also have to put yourself out there to feel a part of the community. The old saying "you get out of it what you put into it" is true. I say that because I notice that while you've been a member here for over a year, you only have 55 posts. Interact more, and people will get to know you.
    Quick question. How would you feel about a Gothic sci-fi setting? Sort of a really over-the-top knights and dark castles, but with science-y bits and technology bits. Consoles that look like altars, mech-suiits that look light knights, elegant stone and glass integrated with metal and machines. Do you think that would be interesting?
    Wyn Wizard
    Wyn Wizard
    Go for it bro. You don't need ur permission to test things out. Give it your all, and do your best. Its all anyone can do anyway.
    Confederacy
    Confederacy
    Reminds me of Eye: Divine Cybermancy to me. Go for it.
    Blindga
    Blindga
    Well coming up with a convincing story will be a bit of a trick . I'll have to think over that still.
    When organizing an overview of your game, what do you think matters more: More character details, more world and setting buildup, or a bigger backstory?
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    They are pretty much equal. You can't have really great character development unless the characters have well thought out backstories, and you can't really have backstories without world building.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Compelling characters come from the way in which they act/react to the world at large. Believable characters require a world that makes them that way. World building is huge and takes longer, but is often more beneficial. Especially since in video games, characters are really "player avatars" instead of their own entity.
    CrypticCuddler
    CrypticCuddler
    I'd keep it to the surface of things and not describe the bigger backstory. Definitely describe the world if it differs from our own substantially, describe the initial characters in depth with the story the player will encounter from the beginning, but I think leaving most details of the stories unknown draws more people in as long as your initial overview of the beginning part of the story is well written and interesting.
    Change is good. And so is Coinstar. Hello, new headphones.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Laziness isn't worth 10% of anything.
    Neverward
    Neverward
    Oh but it is. Most people would rather not pay with a giant jar of pennies, or count the whole thing out themselves, time is money friend!
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ^If you count your change as you drop it in the jar, on a little piece of paper on top of said jar then you waste no time and already know how much you have, and you have 10% more.
    Trying to create my own music using a fresh copy of REAPER. After nearly two hours of working on it I have yet to produce any sound at all. This is going well...
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    don't give up! You can do it!
    Neverward
    Neverward
    Remember, tutorials are your best friend, and I don't know that program but a lot of programs come with little tutorials.
    Arin
    Arin
    Making music requires at least some knowledge about music and the DAW you're using.
    I just ran my first online MS office class assignment and the whole thing caught me off guard. It opens windows with a teaching box that has you do things. I had windows 7 stuck inside my windows 7. It was very odd.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    God how I hated taking basic classes like that in college. Sounds like they got even more tedious to.
    Blindga
    Blindga
    It is a bit of a chore, but at least it is easy.
    Frustrated trying to think of budgets for my game. I'm already doing the art myself, and I don't think scripting will be an issue. sprites and music are going to cost me in full most likely. I don't have a ton of money though. How much should I allow myself to spend? Maybe I should reduce the scale of my project to save money. Or maybe these costs are just unavoidably high.
    Arkecia
    Arkecia
    There's a small select few in the RPG maker circle that don't use sprites and instead use art for the tiles and character sets. It looks really good if done well.
    Arkecia
    Arkecia
    And there are tons of musicians on this forum, so the whole art trade thing could work wonders.
    T.Bit
    T.Bit
    Also, browse the general resource forum. There's a ton of great music in there. McTricky, Hyde and Arin are three of my favorites but there are tons more musicians.
    With the description 'Only a savage would use such a thing' what sort of weapon comes to mind first?
    Shades
    Shades
    A really big and heavy sword. Like a broadsword you'd need two hands to properly beat someone to death with.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    A wooden club or maybe a big scary war hammer? :o
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    A flail with the head of your greatest defeated enemy at the end...wait, were you being serious? ;D
    I wonder how people would react to a sexualized/fanservicy character design; even if justified. I've been doing research to try to strike a balance, but there are fierce opinions and many facts to consider. What do you think?
    BlissAuthority
    BlissAuthority
    Just as long as it applies equally to the men and you don't try to justify it.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    There's a difference between someone who doesn't wear a lot and someone whose designed to be sexualized.
    crimcrim
    crimcrim
    know your target audience

if they want fanservice girls give them fanservice girls

see: senren kagura
    Always remember to stop and appreciate the small successes. They're the ones that make who you are, and in the end, they're the ones that mean the most. Enjoy the new year. Don't stay up too late.
    Insidious Mental Pollution
    Insidious Mental Pollution
    And never forget that a success can be something as simple as learning from a perceived failure.
    Brainstorming creatures: when I say 'life elemental' what do you think? A spirit? A plant thing? A beast? What are your ideas for that kind of name?
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    A beating heart.
    Luminous Warrior
    Luminous Warrior
    A being made of white or pale yellow light, vaguely humanoid in shape. Of course, if you are also using a light elemental, then my idea is good for that too. Some sort of beautiful, angelic being.
    Jarrad
    Jarrad
    I like the beating heart idea, gives life a creepy spin.
    I got a salt-rock lamp for chirstmas. Apparently, these are supposed to be some kind of chemical-physical psychic healers. I'll have to keep using it to see how good it really is.
    For some reason, when I get out of the shower, time feels drastically slower. I almost feel like I can hear things in slow motion for a while. But it quickly wears off as my head cools down. I wonder what I am experiencing.
    Frostyfirefly
    Frostyfirefly
    It's specially great when you turn on loud music while the effect is still lingering.
    Solo
    Solo
    Fascinating...
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Actually, if water droplets fell on you at relativistic speeds...you would be liquefied.
    I leave for a couple of minutes and the place is a mess of RTP faces and some kind of joke thing. Do things just happen that quickly around here? Maybe I'll step away until this passes over and come back for the next joke.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    They do when there's an event. Stick around, it'll be worth it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh! I have a headache coming on--not sure if it's from the sudden change in weather or caffeine withdraw...only one way to fi d out--Coffee time!
Found this old picture in the plastic case with my medical documents. I don't remember who this character is (I draw a lot of original characters and forgot about them very soon), but I like the design, may be I'll add guy in my game.

reading what makes plugins tick, so you can use other plugins to trigger said plugin... setup up Luna MV to have my own custom ATB Gauges from Yanfly's ATB. cool
It's Easter on Monday. Anybody got any Easter quarantine eggs? It'll also be my birthday, I'll be 31.
Sometimes I feel like I'm using plugins feature the wrong way. But as long as it works tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsume