Blinn
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I want to find the man that invented application forms and sue him for all the money he has. 90% of these forms have a Catch 22 somewhere.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    "Of course, I'd be happy to have you sue me! First, though, please fill out this application form..."
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    So you answer with a catch 22 of your own, or just lie to them, employers almost universally misrepresent the terms of employment, no shame in bullshitting them a little especially when they want someone 'experienced' for an entry level position.
    Blinn
    Blinn
    Here's an idea for video game developers and musicians. License your soundtracks to people who make Youtube videos.
    Reactions: Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Or better yet, make your music Public Domain. No problems, ever.
    I found an old version of Audacity somewhere on my external HD with all my old plugins on it! Now I can make sound effects with the freedom I used to have. :)
    That moment when you're 5 minutes into a game and the game lags out, rolling back everything you did.
    So I tried going to bed a little early to get a good night's sleep for once. Back pain had other plans. x_x
    mlogan
    mlogan
    :(  Back pain is miserable.
    The thicker the soup, the more like it is to turn into a bomb when microwaved.
    I found the best fly trap in the world: a cup of coffee.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The Honey Trap?
    mlogan
    mlogan
    I hope you discovered it before taking a drink.
    Blinn
    Blinn
    I found a wasp in my burger once. :p
    That moment when no matter how sociable and easygoing you try to be, you realize you're a cut from a completely different cloth.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Blinn
    Blinn
    @Vox Novus True, that's where you discern who to trust and who to keep at arm's length. I have one really important friend who, given his incredible knowledge of computers, can be very dangerous if he was of the wrong mindset. But I've known him long enough to know that his heart is in the right place.

I was diagnosed with four different anxiety disorders fairly recently. I found that friends worth having will help you compensate for your weaknesses if you're candid with them about it.
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    :< .... I went to this church event the other day because a girl i like invited me.... She's the sort of person (very few people i find) that I really look forward to running in to at school. She's just really easy to talk to, not over bearing, or I dont feel like im supposed to act a certain way, and I dont feel like im a complete weirdo....but during this church event (it was a church id never been too, with like so many people i didint know) I just completely shut down, even though she was there. I really tried....I REALLY REEEAALY tried to socialize but all I could think was "why the heck am i here!? Im not Pentecostal!! I know like one person here!!" So I sat down somewhere to eat, by myself , and way off from everyone else cuz I didint want to intrude on anyones family time (everyone was huddled off into little groups at the picnic tables)...I guess i looked pretty pathetic all by myself cuz some dude I got to know as Brian came over sat with me....we didint talk too much, mostly cuz i think he wasint much of a talker either...when ever i feel pressured to talk I swear my mind just goes all white noise. I really want to build relationships, but its just ....hard for me...and sounds like yall too.    
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Vox Novus Depending on how you see things, being alone might not be a bad thing. I have a single friend who I see once in a while, but the rest of the time I am technically alone. By technically alone I mean there's no one physically with me, though the voices I hear every day are still with me; they are closer to me than any person has ever been. I don't yearn for more friends. I suffer from pretty bad paranoia, I don't trust others in the slightest; I even hold paranoid thoughts for my only friend. In my eyes, more friends simply equates with more smiles hiding daggers. The more people I surround myself with the worse my psychiatric disorders become - eventually leading to relapses, visual hallucinations, extreme emotions, and dissociation.

So, I only do what I know I can handle.
    So I have this old project from RPG Maker VX Ace that I haven't touched in about a year. Part of me wants to revive it, but it's almost like I've been bludgeoned into a coma and so much time has gone by that I've forgotten almost everything I've learned. What happened to me?
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Your uniques United game? Anyway, I can understand the sentiment, I had been working on a project on and off for two years and recently decided to give up on it. I'm working on a new one now that's more focused on me having fun actually developing it.

I'm using tilesets I've wanted to use for awhile, making an old game idea, paying homage to some classic games and celebrating the upcoming holiday of Halloween.

Might just take you awhile to get back into the swing of things, make a small 1-hour to 2-hour game or something just to re-fresh yourself on the maker. Pick something you'll enjoy making whatever that is, just make sure you are having fun doing it.

After you finish that game, re-look at your old project and ask yourself if its something you really have the heart to finish or not. If not move onto something fresh and new.
    Moving to America in two days. The packers are coming on Monday!
    Reactions: 1 person
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Oh, yeah. Dry heat is definitely a huge improvement over humid. I lived in Fort Lauderdale and Orlando and everywhere else I've lived is paradise in comparison weather wise.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Wow, that's a big deal!  I hope you enjoy the change.  There's still a noticeable difference in culture between Florida and Idaho.  The difference in weather is enormous.  It'll be a lot dryer so expect to use more things like chapstick and conditioner and lotion and drink more.  I prefer a dry heat myself.  Good luck!
    Blinn
    Blinn
    @Sharm I'll be there just in time for Oktoberfest too! :D
    If you're at a party with a lot of friends and you have a can of drink with you, here's how I remember where mine is if I leave it somewhere - I pull the key off when opening the can.

Because nobody I know does that, I know which one is mine. :)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    :D   
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    My party friends are all married and have kids. ;_; Sad too we used to have fun hanging out.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    if you get married and have kids, then you can all hang out again :)
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Are there tons of quotes that attempt to make one sound smart, viral videos or memes?

If yes, then how would anybody talk about sounds and music?  

And if no, then it is nothing like Facebook and is actually a productive place.
    Blinn
    Blinn
    Visually, it looks and functions like Facebook.
    So I had my first panic attack yesterday. Despite what people think, it's not so much a sudden feeling of terror, it's more like this:
    Blinn
    Blinn
    @Sharm

All I know is that my body was fine one moment and then suddenly I felt like I got smashed on the head with a hammer or something. I was struggling to breathe, I was dizzy, light-headed, and I felt like I was going to pass out. I was so worried I might be having a stroke, but I wasn't. I still have a headache from when it happened yesterday and it was hard to get up or bend down without feeling dizzy and my head hurting. I also had what felt like pins and needles or "hot chills". I felt nauseous when trying to sleep.

Something obviously happened.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yup, panic attacks are awful. You'd think there'd usually be a stress trigger or something (which sometimes there is), but sometimes they just happen because reasons, rather like migraines. I also have asthma problems, so the difficulty breathing that comes with the panic attack tends to cause further panic, so I tend to find myself pacing near the bathroom (nausea and adrenaline tends to make you need to potty) and taking deep breaths until I can fully convince myself nothing is wrong and my body is being stupid.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Blinn:  Yeah, something definitely happened.  It does sound like yours was a panic attack, I didn't mean to make my message sound like I didn't think it was.  I hope you can find what the cause was and get stuff solved so you can feel better.

Taarna:  I have asthma as well, so I know exactly what you mean.  I've noticed that if my hands and/or feet are tingling it's a panic attack.  I can't really tell them apart otherwise.
    In the world of competitive gaming, remember this: He who has the ping, has the power.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    As an unlucky owner of bad indonesian connection (which means double-bad) I know this all too well :(.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       Yeah, I stopped playing dark souls pvp because my connection was so bad that I'd see where the enemy was and what he was doing five minutes ago, and chase him only for him to light-speed backstab me out of nowhere, having in reality killed my lag-frozen character minutes ago and moved on to fight someone else.

So many cool things people do online these days, yet I'm stuck in the 90s until someone breaks windstream's monopoly of the region I live in.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emodrilleur