Blinn
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Today, I received news from my psychiatrist. I came up positive for Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

In a way, I'm glad because now I can see what I'm up against and take sword to it, so to speak.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Atlas Rose
    Atlas Rose
    That's how I felt when I was diagnosed with depression. It sucks because depression is awful, but it's good because you know its not just you. 
    Blinn
    Blinn
    It's an awesome thing to know that it's not just Psycho-bonkers Crazy Syndrome. :)
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Getting a diagnosis can be a huge relief. Yes, there's still the daily battle, but at least you know what you're fighting and that can make all the difference in the world. Best wishes with it Blinn!
    For reasons I can't explain, when imagining elves speaking in their native tongue, immediately Dutch pops into my mind.
    Take 10 minutes out of your day and watch this episode of The Goodies. If you need a good laugh, here's where you'll find it!
    This has got to be one of my favorite town themes of all time. ^^
    That Bread
    That Bread
    Holy poop this game! :D Me and my older sister played it recently...cuz yes we did not get to grow up with a ps2 so I bought one a used one and found this in a used store. ANNNNNYWAY We had fun making stupid voices for the characters as this game isn't entirely serious! XD

Such a cute theme~! :D
    I went to the kitchen to get myself a bowl of cereal and I could smell pickled onions. Sadly, it wasn't food I could smell but the bleach dad used to clean the kitchen. :p
    I remember when feeling unhappy was a cause for concern in society. These days, you have to be more than depressed for anyone to notice that something's wrong.
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    @mlogan How very true.  We're often victimized by people fishing for attention on social media if we're made to feel responsible for their happiness.  Gotta watch out for those that will try to drag others down to their level of unhappiness with circular logic all to justify themselves being unhappy.  If a person can't make themselves happy, then they should try not repeating the same routine they are comfortable with.  Support from others can only take someone so far before they realize it's their own responsibility to seek it out, and make it happen. 
    Blinn
    Blinn
    I really had to stop and think about this because I remember some nice things I did for some people that came back months later, in completely unexpected ways.

@mlogan - I had to scrap my original reply and start over because it was well over 4 paragraphs. I really had to think on what you just said.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Blinn, I'm glad you took some time to ponder it, as it was not in any way ill intentioned. And it was also coming from a place of having been on both sides. I've dealt with some pretty deep depression at different points in my life and so I do get it.
    I'm thinking of setting up a proofreading workshop soon for three small projects.

I would prefer each request to be short (no more than 2500 words) so I can gauge how long it takes me to complete each one.

If I do well on all three of them, I may turn this into a professional service.
    Hindi has a neat word that I think should be adopted in the English language: Lakh.

Lakh = 100,000

Four-lakh students

Three-lakh salary
    In my family, we all have this unspoken rule that everyone has to be at the dinner table before we eat, which is bad if one of us is away from home for an unknown length of time.

By the time my mom returns home from shopping today, the food will probably have gone cold. It's a BBQ as well, so I'm even more annoyed at this.
    Having a tooth that hurts whenever you drink something cold is of the same kind and level of pain as being kicked real hard in the nads, and I've had both happen before.
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    I just learnt to live with it.
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    (not a good advice)
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Agree I have a sensitive mouth due to gums being full of deep pockets. When it gets cold outside my mouth will hurt and sometimes cause a headache.
    I just recently picked up the Uniques United game I started back in early 2015, and you know what? I'm thinking of reviving it.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Always nice revisiting an old project after awhile re-invigorates you. I recently re-picked up a 1yr+ old project to remap and put in new artwork. Its a lot of work but I'm excited to be working on it again and am moving at a much quicker pace on stuff than when I first worked on it.
    I turn the cold tap on and get 10 seconds of hot water.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    is that all?  I get at least a minute.

I used the outside hose to clean out a pet's water bowl and the water was too hot for me to touch - there was steam coming off it!
    Blinn
    Blinn
    I hope you called a plumber to get that fixed. :p
    Shaz
    Shaz
    nah, it'll be fixed when Summer ends.  That's all there is to it ;)
    Can we all just stop and appreciate what street musicians have brought to the world?
    Has anyone ever tried to eat something like an onion ring or a potato chip and it somehow leaps off your finger and rolls under the darkest, most difficult-to-reach corner of your desk?
    Sinweaver
    Sinweaver
    It happened once or twice in my entire life.

I guess I am a level 90 paladin with a lvl 450 skill at eating onion ring / potato chip :p
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Or in the keyboard as my cereal crumbs do. Gotta get um or here come the ants.
    If you want something scary, try dreaming about nukes going off in your town, like I just did.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Oh taarna23, I tried watching that show. I think I couldn't because it was a little too real for me. I do actually have a fear of nuclear disaster because I live less than 10 miles from a nuclear plant. After Fukishima, the realization that if something happened, I would never likely be able to return to my home was quite sobering.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    They did indeed do a good job of it, and a good job of making the viewer feel like a part of it. Probably why us fans took it personally when they decided to cancel it. Anyway, I think maybe the book I read above made the show seem not as bad. The book takes place in a town near a blast - not close enough to be blown up, but not far enough to escape the radiation. The results were outlined in detail, from radiation poisoning to birth defects to death. It was terrifying. It was also a young adult book.

As for Fukushima... I had a friend in Japan at the time that happened. He got a few panicked emails asking if he was anywhere near it while I followed any coverage and information and sciencey stuff Discovery channel had.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @taarna23My whole family found that show fascinating.

@mloganOf course we don't live anywhere near a reactor or even near a city that would be at all likely to ever get bombed if that did ever happen.

Unfortunately, I don't dream (at least not on a conscious level, I know scientists claim that everyone dreams) so it doesn't matter what I eat or when I never have to worry about nightmares I'll remember having on waking.
    Does anyone else remember back when you were little and you learned how to slide down the stairs on your belly, and how much fun it was to do? ^^
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Never had that opportunity - no stairs in my house growing up.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I don't think I ever did that, and while I don't personally remember this either I've been told I rode down the stairs on my tricycle once. Have a nice little scar on the underside of my chin from the experience to this day, second most embarrassing scar I've gotten, when I was a slightly older kid I used to lie and tell people I got it in a knife fight.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Closest thing to that would be the slip in slide.
    Ever had a terrifying experience that made you realize just how human and imperfect you really are?
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       A couple of times, the most frightening for me was years ago when I lost control of my horse while teaching my daughter how to ride and it bucked her off and she split her head open on a root. I've been scared before, once I even thought for sure I was dying myself, but nothing compares to the panic I felt that day trying to get out of the woods to where the ambulance could get to us. Clutching her limp little body to my chest, to ignorant to know whether she was stable or on the brink of death I've never felt so helpless and terrified.

She was completely fine, but it took six months and three medical/first aid classes for me to get over the experience enough to stop treating my kids like porcelain dolls.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Not as often as I used to.  Kind of the point of growing up is learning your own faults and limitations and learning how to mitigate them or fix them.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Car accident and before that thoat closing when I was five from a fever, and then hypothyroidism at 19. I loved feeling invincible. LOL!
    One thing that always bothered me about action movies was the inevitable fight scene that took place in the produce market, where all the food gets destroyed before I got to eat any of it. :v
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Hah, I know what you mean.  It's the running through the kitchens that always bothers me.  No one ever seems to even notice, they just keep on doing what they're doing and yell when their stuff gets destroyed.  Any cook I know would have a fit over someone messing around in their kitchen.  Neither side would get out unscaithed.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?
Had to edit the water tiles of Jason Perry's (final boss blues) beach tile set. I'm an animator now. :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oracle509