Recent content by BlissAuthority

1. BlissAuthority

Attack Formula Debugging Problems

My mistake, thanks. Consider this asked and answered.
  2. BlissAuthority

Attack Formula Debugging Problems

I have an attack formula of a.atk + 15 + (a.lv * 5) - (b.atk + b.def / 2) with zero variance, for various interesting and diverting hysterical raisins. Plug in 30 strength and 30 defense for a 6th level character (and give monsters levels and the same stats) and this should be (30+15+30) =...
  3. BlissAuthority

Problems importing custom music

That was in fact the problem, thank you!
  4. BlissAuthority

Problems importing custom music

Hello. I've put some custom music files in myproject/audio/bgm, and they aren't showing up in the game. I understand that you theoretically don't need to import resources anymore, just to put them in the proper project folder - so this is very frustrating. Possible problems I might be having...
  5. BlissAuthority

SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

That explains a lot. Google Translate is, in my experience, far worse than nothing. It's whatever demo you currently have up on the Itch.io page. I'll take another look but hearing this makes me want to reiterate that you need a proper translation.
  6. BlissAuthority

I hate to say this, but you should probably get another translator, one who speaks English natively and who has a good grasp of the original Japanese. I can't understand the documentation or most of the example game.
  7. BlissAuthority

Rules Ideas That Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

I'd just like some feedback on this character design. This is Deedee, the main character of a game I'm working on. She was some loser's MMO avatar, but that guy woke up as Deedee (along with half a million other users from the same server) and she had to... adjust to life in Mundus. And to...
  8. BlissAuthority

In the system I'm adapting from tabletop Split Movement is a skill, and an early midgame skill at that. Moving after attacking is free, split movement is not.
  9. BlissAuthority

That seems like a great way to do this. ...aaand this is something that I'd want to alter, so that you can (use some) attack(/s) and most Support actions before moving. Any suggestions for that?
  10. BlissAuthority

Hello! This looks extremely useful. I was wondering how you would implement a system like D&D's or Valor's, where each character has three actions each turn: one Attack, one Move, and one Support.
  11. BlissAuthority

How do I make enemies that kill the rest of the enemies when they die?

Yep, that did the trick. It didn't do jack about the BGM but it did make poor Arumvorax die properly/ Thanks!
  12. BlissAuthority

Currently participating in My First Game Jam

Currently participating in My First Game Jam
  13. BlissAuthority

How do I make enemies that kill the rest of the enemies when they die?

I feel like this is an embarrassingly noob question, but still. I have a boss fight against a dragon, which is much harder than it sounds because he's actually four blokes - Arumvorax the Red (the head), Squishy Belly, Hot Wings and Red Tail. Naturally, when you kill the head (good luck with...
  14. BlissAuthority

Dark, Tan, and Pale RPGMaker DS characters?

Already picked them up.
  15. BlissAuthority

Dark, Tan, and Pale RPGMaker DS characters?

I might look into that (or, honestly, getting GIMP for the low price of free if the best suggestion the board has got is just "spend money on the problem"), but it would save a LOT of time and effort for what's meant to be a one-month game jamish project if these are already available.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4kWave