BloodletterQ
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Remember folks! Be nice to the newbies! And don't forget about the Mac-using veterans of RPG Maker!
    BloodletterQ
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I bet now that we'll have more Mac users, we'll learn a thing or two!
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    I don't think there's much to know regarding the OS. That's what the game design students at my old college were using anyhow.
    Trying to create some loops for music in my game. Another thing I suck at. :(
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It can be pretty fiddly.
    Blinn
    Blinn
    I can loop sound effects, probably music too.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Think I got it right, but I can't test it on account of not having an RPG Maker thanks to being a Mac user.
    Any good RPG design documents to study before the release of MV. Wishing for a midnight release on the East Coast btw.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Meant a ? after MV btw
    Accendor
    Accendor
    Have you seen the Extra Credits Videos on Youtube regarding Game Design? They are all pretty good.
    VideoWizard
    VideoWizard
    Midnight on the East Coast means THURSDAY night for me, then. So, just tonight, Tuesday, Wednesday and a little bit of Thursday before I get to see what MV is about.
    Sorry to interrupt the battle between Good and Evil, but as a Chaotic Neutral, I was wondering how us RPG Makers can avoid oversaturating the market with our games.
    SLEEP
    SLEEP
    i think an over-saturated market is something to be v proud of
    Hoppy
    Hoppy
    It's a bit too late for that, just go nuts with the game you're making.
    Kes
    Kes
    All any of us can do is to ensure that our own game is not one of the rushed-to-market-to-make-a-quick-buck category. Try and raise the average quality and help improve the overall reputation.
    Are there any other aspiring novelists also planning to use RPG Maker?
    Meike
    Meike
    novels & games both require the imagination of storytelling, so they can go hand in hand~ Probably why I like RPGs so much, because of how story is involved. I have a few short books done and am working on editing my first full length novel.

Well, I'd hope those English courses are at least teaching you some good writing skills~
    Harold Ållaberg
    Harold Ållaberg
    I have two finished manuscripts (one querying and one still in revisions) and planning on casually writing for NaNoWriMo, and I'm also RMins as well. Too much on my plate.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Well, I sometimes feel like I should be ashamed that I don't take literature so seriously. That's the good thing about using RPG Maker. I've got the art and programming assets covered by the RM community and it's up to me to come up with the ideas.
    Is it bad that I want to make a commercial game that feels very much like a traditional RPG? I miss the good old days.
    Silent Darkness
    Silent Darkness
    Please do. Embrace that opportunity. If there's anything I can do to help, lemme know. I'm no good at art or music, but i'd be glad to help with brainstorming, proof-reading, that sort of thing.
    Tsukihime
    Tsukihime
    That sounds like something RPG Maker users would do.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Well, I've got to start somewhere. Not like there's such a thing as a perfect game.
    What would be pushing the RPG Maker Web rating system in a game besides the obvious explicit sex, violence, and language? Should I tone it down to a T or is an M pushing it?
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    Sounds like a plan! If you have any specific ideas you want to ask about, I'd go ahead and find a mod to ask, though. Good luck!
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    I have the f-word in my novel although most of them can be subbed with "damn" in the game. And I have a ratio of 3/20 of that word in 40 pages. That's just one example. Hoping a mod sees and can direct me to what I cannot have on the site.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    The closest I can find is the second bullet under "Remember:"
    Think anybody is going to try making a Telltale-style game as they're learning the ropes? Maybe going to release it episodically?
    Banquo
    I think a game like this needs a high level of immersion, which is hard to achieve with Rpg Maker. You will either need lots of custom portraits with different body poses, or high quality cutscenes (like with lots of pictures). Speakers would be excellent as well.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Yeah, a visual novel could be controversial I guess. Maybe I should just take influence from them?
    Think I'm going to have to wait until the holiday to get RMMV. *sigh*
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    A wonderful club it is!
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    At least it gives us time to decide if we're really going for it. I'm not planning on using the RTP for my passion project at least.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Technically its not accurate to call it rtp anymore but I get what you mean. Sounds like with the pre-order you get more than the default graphics with the essentials pack. It might be cool to do a sci-fi thing since it includes that by default.
    17 days! Who is coming into RPG Maker as someone without strong focus on game design? I'm doing it as an aspiring author/scriptwriter that started off in game design but wasn't good with art.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    I want to get into art, but crappy self-esteem and a lack of talent no matter how much I try discourage me.
    StrawberrySmiles
    StrawberrySmiles
    You don't need to be good at art to become a game designer.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    The first college I went to was focused more on the artistic area and I was good at coming up with the ideas and the storyline at least. I didn't make it past a semester before I switched to English which is pretty useless. RMMV will let me accomplish what I couldn't do I hope.
    Finally got past this writer's block!
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    I'm primarily a writer but I've wanted to be a game designer. Now that it's on a Mac and a new engine, that's a new start to a dream that I couldn't accomplish.
    JAD94
    JAD94
    Isn't it one of the greatest feelings to overcome writer's block? I recently got over it myself :)
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    You're not kidding. It also helps me decide that I am indeed using a five-man set party for my game.
    Who else is hoping for some character generator piece DLC?
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    I would have said Peace, unity, love and having fun, but I'm old school. :)
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Besides, I don't think chibis and a Game of Thrones influence mix well, hence my interest in the resources. Maybe I should take the time then to learn the engine.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Kind of agree, particularly with the look of what Jesse had been previewing so far. I had been fiddling with a ASOIAF inspired game with the HF resources previously too. Now I'm onto some wild wild West/Django inspiration. With Dragons though.
    I'm wondering if we'd have to make separate projects if we decide to make extra controls just in case. Maybe there's a conditional branch that determines if you're on a mobile device? I'm guessing you could have the buttons appear on screen and I guess that this could also work now that there's natural mouse support. Plus it's good for the 2D haters on a modern computer.
    Tsukihime
    Tsukihime
    You should be able to check what platform the user is running on. Normal people *usually* don't lie about that.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I assume you'll be able to use the same project, probably with different Export ("Compress") options.
    I wonder if there's going to be another sale around the holidays. As an aside, I came up with a customization system involving monster drops (not that kind, well maybe) and crafting them to capture the monster's spiritual essence which could be treated as a sub-class.
    The Black Swordsman
    The Black Swordsman
    Shooot! MV for sale for 7.77. Wouldn't that be somethin to see for the holidays and piss off all the early adoptersXD
    Seriel
    Seriel
    Nope.

Resources are worth it.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Don't see the point in them if my dream project will use the PvGames resources.
    Thinking about when I turn the novel I'm writing into an RPG, the cryomancer/tank/healer will be the least magically inclined between the remaining party of three. I don't even expect there to be many enemies weak to ice and makes me realize that besides Meru in Legend of Dragoon, ice-elemental users tend to be bottom tier party members. Lol!ce magic.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Ice is overlooked, but look at the brighter side; not only it's able to freeze enemies, it also chills the battlefield.

Ice is nice~
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Well, fire can sometimes burn, thunder can delay (assuming I go for a CTB battle system,) and ice will freeze. Most of her magic will be used for healing anyway. I made a topic on Gamefaqs about lol!mages in JRPGs too and the fire guy is the DPS and I may have mentioned he also gets non-elemental magic.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Sounds good.

Meanwhile, I've documented some mages with certain properties just like yours but with a slight twist; Fire has DPS, Ice has disables, and Thunder has higher burst damage. Non-elementals have special trait also.

It would be good if there are reasons behind the properties as well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...
This new screen transfer looks wild! :LZSexcite:

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForgetToRemember