BloodletterQ
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Finally got past this writer's block!
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    I'm primarily a writer but I've wanted to be a game designer. Now that it's on a Mac and a new engine, that's a new start to a dream that I couldn't accomplish.
    Lunawolfcomics
    Lunawolfcomics
    Isn't it one of the greatest feelings to overcome writer's block? I recently got over it myself :)
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    You're not kidding. It also helps me decide that I am indeed using a five-man set party for my game.
    Who else is hoping for some character generator piece DLC?
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    I would have said Peace, unity, love and having fun, but I'm old school. :)
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Besides, I don't think chibis and a Game of Thrones influence mix well, hence my interest in the resources. Maybe I should take the time then to learn the engine.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Kind of agree, particularly with the look of what Jesse had been previewing so far. I had been fiddling with a ASOIAF inspired game with the HF resources previously too. Now I'm onto some wild wild West/Django inspiration. With Dragons though.
    I'm wondering if we'd have to make separate projects if we decide to make extra controls just in case. Maybe there's a conditional branch that determines if you're on a mobile device? I'm guessing you could have the buttons appear on screen and I guess that this could also work now that there's natural mouse support. Plus it's good for the 2D haters on a modern computer.
    Tsukihime
    Tsukihime
    You should be able to check what platform the user is running on. Normal people *usually* don't lie about that.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I assume you'll be able to use the same project, probably with different Export ("Compress") options.
    I wonder if there's going to be another sale around the holidays. As an aside, I came up with a customization system involving monster drops (not that kind, well maybe) and crafting them to capture the monster's spiritual essence which could be treated as a sub-class.
    The Black Swordsman
    The Black Swordsman
    Shooot! MV for sale for 7.77. Wouldn't that be somethin to see for the holidays and piss off all the early adoptersXD
    Seriel
    Seriel
    Nope.

Resources are worth it.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Don't see the point in them if my dream project will use the PvGames resources.
    Thinking about when I turn the novel I'm writing into an RPG, the cryomancer/tank/healer will be the least magically inclined between the remaining party of three. I don't even expect there to be many enemies weak to ice and makes me realize that besides Meru in Legend of Dragoon, ice-elemental users tend to be bottom tier party members. Lol!ce magic.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Ice is overlooked, but look at the brighter side; not only it's able to freeze enemies, it also chills the battlefield.

Ice is nice~
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Well, fire can sometimes burn, thunder can delay (assuming I go for a CTB battle system,) and ice will freeze. Most of her magic will be used for healing anyway. I made a topic on Gamefaqs about lol!mages in JRPGs too and the fire guy is the DPS and I may have mentioned he also gets non-elemental magic.
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Sounds good.

Meanwhile, I've documented some mages with certain properties just like yours but with a slight twist; Fire has DPS, Ice has disables, and Thunder has higher burst damage. Non-elementals have special trait also.

It would be good if there are reasons behind the properties as well.
    Not sure if I should shave my beard or not. I've slimmed down some and it'll grow back quickly.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Depends on the type of face you have. Some guys look silly with facial hair, some look better for it, some it depends on the type. For girls the most important thing is if it's properly maintained.
    LTN Games
    LTN Games
    hahaha Sharm :D
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Ah, I can't help it! Nio says I have advice for everything. *._.*
    Wild Steam users: Which face is the best one for sadness? Anger?
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    You mean in the faceset template? I think 3rd one would fit anger the best, and perhaps 5th one for sadness.
    I wish I was good at art. Maybe I should just appreciate that I'm a good writer for what it's worth.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Maybe I should focus on being the best writer that I can be.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Nothing wrong with that! I recommend listening to Writing Excuses. Excellent podcast on writing, easy to listen to because they're short.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Maybe this is the right path for me. I'll settle for it but I won't be happy about it.
    I need a job. Sucks that I'm going to have a B.A in English. I have no future. :(
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Thanks Stapleton. I'm sorry to be a bother. I should focus on building up my writing skills for now.
    Stapleton
    Stapleton
    Yes keep it up, you will get better and better.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Maybe that will be how I can get in my career choice. I may suck at a lot of things, but not writing. I constantly let defeat bother me when it's a learning experience.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After so long, my random sprites set is complete! I wonder who could guess them all? :kaothx:
2COlHup.png

And yes, I'm doing more.
I'm thinking of devouring some tutorials for RPG Maker MV. Just all kinds: mapping, spriting, programming, ect. the whole works! :)

Maybe videos, my brother and I can sit down and watch them during one of our weekly business meetings.
Ami
trying to make a Dialogue Script in Indonesian,first. then translate into English.

this is the reason why i'm terrible at this section beside making the enemies :stare:
Made a Mapping Tutorial on Adding Lighting/Shadows using Tileset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnGieA