blueperiod
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thinking of creating an NPC named Toot O'Reilly who teaches you stuff.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    "O'Reilly" makes me think inflammatory thoughts...
    Silent Darkness
    Silent Darkness
    Silence them then. We don't need none of that irl depression.
    blueperiod
    blueperiod
    I show how the in-game map looks at the end of the video. It ended up looking really nice, I think. :p
    seita
    seita
    Did it show the size of the files I mean? I think I saw 4mb for the overlay and 2mb for the ground, but not sure since I don't use gimp~ it does look impressive ingame
    blueperiod
    blueperiod
    Oops. My bad, I misread your last post :p . The ground parallax was 1.5 mb and the overlay ended up being 444 Kb. This is just a small map though. Parallax maps can end up being pretty big when it comes to file-size if they're larger than usual. They can be even bigger if you have effects like moving water in them. So yeah, parallax mapping can definitely be a double-edged sword if you're conscious of file-size.
    Just beat the Tomb Raider remake. Solid 8/10. Could've used less "hold forward and press the jump button periodically while things explode around you" sections though.
    Quigon
    Quigon
    I get you, but those parts were pretty epic. Especially the parachute bit. Very good game though.
    blueperiod
    blueperiod
    They were epic, but wouldn't it have been cool if they were a teensy-bit more interactive? I also didn't feel like Lara was in much danger after the first few, as they were really easy to get through. Hope they change things up a bit for the sequel.
    A-Moonless-Night
    A-Moonless-Night
    I absolutely adored that game ... definitely a 9/10 for me!
    What's a good way of dealing with heart-wrenching grief? :(
    I am going to be so pissed if the world ends in eight days and I lose all of the progress I've made on my game. >:(
    TreeTopOcelot
    TreeTopOcelot
    Lucky for you, it wont! :3
    Lustermx
    Lustermx
    Cheer up! It won't be just your game progress that you'd lose, it'd also be everything you've accomplished in life! :D
    Kyriaki
    Kyriaki
    Lmao omg I think the same thing every day we get closer to the 21st!
    Has anyone ever played Pandora's Tower on the Wii? I've just played a few hours of it, and wow is it depressing. :(
    Can anyone tell me how to post a blog entry? Thanks!
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    You're more than welcome to plug an outside blog in your signature and profile feeds, though! Lots of people read profile feeds, so it's a great spot to advertise a dev blog. :D
    blueperiod
    blueperiod
    That sounds like a good alternative. Thanks again. :)
    Emzie
    Emzie
    Yeah but your blog would need to make sense, or HUGE status update-like blog.
    I hate my title screen. :(
    A-Moonless-Night
    A-Moonless-Night
    What's wrong with it?
    Emzie
    Emzie
    Why not change it?
    blueperiod
    blueperiod
    It's just a blank screen with "LINUS" on it in old-timey font. I was going for a classy minimalism thing but it's just way too empty. I have no other ideas, and I also don't have a cool-looking logo. Quite frankly I'm just absolutely horrible at picking out title screens. Hopefully I'll figure something out though.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisterParadox