boldpaste2
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Parallax water is such a pain to make! X.x
    Aurorain
    Aurorain
    I think the biggest problem I have when trying to parallax water, is the little wavey/ripple things that appear near land. Making the water move is easy enough, but those are a hassle. :v
    Hmm, my own game is begining to scare me. Better back off the creep factor in the atmosphere a bit. :p
    Uhg. When it comes to mapping, interiors are my least favorite.
    JeffreyMoon92
    JeffreyMoon92
    I wish I could swap with you! :DD
    boldpaste2
    boldpaste2
    lol, your whole exterior set would change if that happened xD. I developed my own mapping style (exterior wise).
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    I LOVE interior mapping, it's by far my favourite. Caves, rooms, dungeons. Love em~
    When your project gets called trash, it really puts you in a development slump. :[
    boldpaste2
    boldpaste2
    I cant have a demo out yet xD It runs a few scripts that cant be made public yet but I try to release screenshots every now and again. I'm guessing it was that video showing off the maps is where the opinion came from.

Thanks for the pep talk guys, getting out of my funk. :3
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    Ooooohhh-k....well if this scathing "review" of your project was based on mere screen shots and a short demo of the mimi-game you made....you DONT have to take that kind of critique seriously.
    JacobM
    JacobM
    Dude. It happens. I've had my game praised and completely stomped and pooped on. You can't please everyone. Some people also don't know how to give constructive criticism. Chin up bro.
    Wow! Steam beta update made managing dlc with music fun! xD
    Bloodmorphed
    Bloodmorphed
    Huh? Lol
    boldpaste2
    boldpaste2
    I take it back. It can't play .ogg >.< CURSE YOU STEAM!
    Bukarett
    Bukarett
    Hahaha, ah steam and its magic. Got to love it. I hope you figure it out how to make it work. ;)
    I discovered that I could do a hand stand when my life really depended on it! 0.o
    boldpaste2
    boldpaste2
    trying to reach something that fell behind the fridge through a tiny gap. Fell completely through and if I didn't catch myself with a handstand I could have broken my neck. xD
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Oh wow!
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    I'm trying to picture how that works out.
    Just completed a college 10 question quiz on computer science in 20 seconds flat. I had to prove to the instructer that I didn't cheat. xD
    I seem to be becoming more artistic everyday. A few years ago I could barley do anything artistic. Heck, I even flunked art. What's happening to me! :<
    Kain.Oborin
    Kain.Oborin
    I believe that you have stolen my talent! A few years ago, I aced art! Now I can't draw a stick person.
    When you find a bug, you feel good because you found out something no one else has. Then you feel bad because you realize that while this bug is in place, you can't progress in your project anymore. :<
    Shaz
    Shaz
    so you just take a detour and fix it :)

They're just annoying when there are a lot of them, or they take a lot of work to find/fix.
    Why do I make things to complicated >.< trying to add flying in rpg maker! I must be nuts!
    Ultim
    Ultim
    Just replace your Airship with the Dragon character sheet (marked by a '$'sign before the name)ex: "$dragon".Make sure to paste it in your 'characters' folder :D
    boldpaste2
    boldpaste2
    Hang on, Ill post a video of the (very basic) mechanism so far.
    boldpaste2
    boldpaste2
    Alright, here it is. I haven't done any mapping to this yet and the flight is locked to single movment for a mini-game. just know that touching red is a no no xD
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    You are a spriter!!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I couldn't tell from it, but from the back view, should there perhaps be horns or top of head visible over the characters head? I'm also not sure, but maybe shorten the cape and show feet to help show that laying-down pose. Right now he looks to be standing. The other 3 poses look pretty darn awesome if you ask me. I think you kinda nailed that "hang on for dear life" look, assuming that's what you were going for.
    boldpaste2
    boldpaste2
    @Hotfirelegend, Its more necrospriting than anything xD

@taarna23 I guess I can work on the back view a bit. Glad to know I got the hand on for dear life look down because that's exactly whats going on.

I'm not a big fan of the character Hub thing but it actually came in handy for this.
    I know some people hate it when a scene has a lot of dialog but sometimes it can't be helped >.
    Julien Brightside
    Julien Brightside
    "Do you want me to repeat everything I just said?"

-Owl, <Lost Woods>
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I don't understand why people complain about dialogue/cutscenes. If the story is good then I want more! I guess if you only care about game play, but if the story is seriously bad I probably won't play even if the mechanics are good.
    So I was thinking about making something for restaff for the first time and I was thinking an expansion to the RTP world tiles with curved edges (with water that animates) and additional stuff to work with. What do yall think about that?
    For all you game markers out there, be sure to stop and play an rpg every once in a while. It's good to take a break every now and again and you might get new inspiration!
    Milena
    Milena
    Game Markers? I never realized there are markers.
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    As long as it's not an RPG Maker game. Then I get mad jealousy/rage and it's not pretty. I know, I KNOW, that's bad. ><
    boldpaste2
    boldpaste2
    Maker* sorry about that xD
    The turducken: It's a turkey that ate duck that swallowed a chicken. xD
    boldpaste2
    boldpaste2
    It's an actual dish. I just never heard it put the way I just said it though. :p
    DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    I never knew what turducken was until about two years ago when I heard it in a Spose song.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    oh gosh...i think i was 13ish when they came up with that heart attack inducing dish...sounds delicious and disgusting at the same time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Guess I had to do something related to xmas... :kaoswt2:
SWZtrkz.jpg
"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?
Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seafarer