BreadInc
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Asked insta for clothes insp for my characters and half of them said "naked" and now a girl is insisting I do a poll and??? No. No nudity.
    I loved the Aveyond 3 games as a child but as an adult I've realised they're ridiculously overpriced. Bleh.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Why do you say that? Surely, worth is a more subjective than objective. You enjoyed them as a child, so thought they were worth the asking price back then. I think paying £2000 for a Louis Vuitton handbag is insane, but it doesn't mean that others think the same way. Plus, people were, and still are, willing to pay whatever the asking price for the Aveyond games is.
    BreadInc
    BreadInc
    @The Stranger Actually, I couldn't justify 15$ for a quarter of the game even back then. I just played the free part they had on a site back then. When I replayed them for nostalgia I waited until they went on special. You do have a point, but I'm not someone who has enough money to justify stuff like that. I'm very stingy, haha.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Oh. Fair enough. xD Personally, I've never enjoyed those games, so they're not really worth anything to me. I think most of 'em are on Steam, so you can pick them up for a fraction of the price in the sales.
    I bought RMVXA bc it was on special & I'm poor, but using that and not MV seems like it might impact my popularity. Uuugh I'm worried.
    Reactions: starlight dream
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Which version of RM you use is very unlikely to impact popularity of your game. It really all comes down to the quality of the game and its presentation (people judge a book by its cover, yes, so pretty screenshots, trailers, etc).
    I mean look, RM2k3 games are being loved so much and that's an old engine.
    Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    I actually use more Ace than MV, because I am used to it and we have so many available scripts already, good ones. You can make a pretty awesome game with it, if you put in the effort and time to accomplish it. But don't worry with popularity, worry more about doing something you are proud of.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    It's normal to worry if you care about the outcome :) If you had MV something else would worry you too. I think Ace is great and has so many resources and scripts available that it shouldn't limit you much. IMO the game itself, the story, are what make a game entertaining/popular not the maker. I've disliked many MV games. Mv didn't save them..
    seen some gamers upset @ rpgm devs for displaying the controls ingame bc it breaks immersion?but imagine being new to games & not knowing :/
    I'm a perfectionist and I need to learn to let that go a bit if I want to finish ANYTHING haha
    Is using more- I don't know what to call them- running-writing, fancy curly-style fonts a bad idea?
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    Script fonts are generally fine for logos, but they can be a pain to read as the main font for a game. =)
    BreadInc
    BreadInc
    @Amysaurus I'm just planning to use it as a title font- even I know it'd be a bit silly for the whole game :D
    it's really hard to improve your art with ridiculous hand tremors, as it turns out. :/
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    That's when you expand your art range to include such things as hand-drawn seismograph charts and the like. :p

On a more serious note, what happened to cause such tremors?
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yikes! Hope you're on top of those tremors with a good doctor. You could switch to pixel art for a while, since you place one pixel at a time it's harder to mess up, and you can still work on foundational things like color theory and positive/negative space, and so on.
    BreadInc
    BreadInc
    @Warpmind I have a neurological disorder, unfortunately. :/ @Sharm Nothing to be done about them, even with a doctor. I find pixel art hard to do, but I've been practicing, so we'll see.
    motivation is zero
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Do something easy, then something a little harder, and so on. Create momentum by starting with easy tasks first.
    Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    Exactly what @Matseb2611 said. Also... If you are feeling that demotivated do something fun to relax. Read a book, play games, take a walk in the park. Sometimes inspiration appears when we are resting and doing something we enjoy, which increases our motivation to work on a piece.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    That's definitely true. A little bit of unwinding with a game, a movie/show, or simply a walk or a chatter with someone, can help to clear our mind (so long as we don't end up doing this all day long, lol).
    How much would you charge if you fixed the grammar, spelling etc on someone's game? (Thinking of capitalizing on my skills lmao)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    The answer is simple. Depends on how many mistakes are there. If not too many, it's free. If many, then something defiitely. However, our country has cheap prices, so not too much.
    Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    I'm glad, I have a friend overseas who "cluelessly" helped me out proof reading... mwahahaha!
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    It will depend on game length for me. A 3 hours-game and a 15 hour-game is different.
    So many games on Steam need a proper edit by an English expert and I kind of wish I could go along and fix them all haha
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    The really sad part? I'm inclined to suspect the lion's share of those games with English of dubious quality are made in America... possibly England. :p
    Kes
    Kes
    @Warpmind England? Never, sir.
    Seriously, though, UK grammar and US grammar do differ in quite dramatic ways at times, as does spelling, and many correct idiomatic UK expressions sound bizarre to US ears. Fortunately my tester has US English and we work to discover ways of expressing problematic things that work in both languages.
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    Oh, I'm aware US an British English differ grammatically, as well as in spelling, but the sloppiest written English I've seen has generally been either by English or American alleged writers.
    At least people with English as a second language tend to be consistent in their mistakes. :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltrone