Builds_a_lot
Last Activity:
Dec 15, 2018 at 5:37 AM
Birthday:
Apr 12, 1981 (Age: 37)

Share This Page

Builds_a_lot

Villager, Female, 37, from Midwest, U.S.

I had the shocking realization I'm an antique collector this morning. Dec 15, 2018 at 12:33 AM

Builds_a_lot was last seen:
Dec 15, 2018 at 5:37 AM
    1. Builds_a_lot
      Builds_a_lot
      I had the shocking realization I'm an antique collector this morning.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. mlogan
      3. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        @mlogan I have a post there already. I didn't know if it is against policy to post links for it here too. Like hey, check out my idea, I'd love feedback.
        Dec 15, 2018 at 3:29 AM
    2. Builds_a_lot
      Builds_a_lot
      Can't sleep, so might as well work. Just wishing the cold didn't bother my joints so badly.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, that's not how I warm my fingers. It's a really stupid idea to salivate or moist up your fingers at winter. And frostburn is only one of the reasons.
        Dec 14, 2018 at 12:50 AM
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I thought everyone knew that the best way to warm fingers is to put them in your armpits.
        Dec 14, 2018 at 6:04 AM
        Builds_a_lot likes this.
      4. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        @MushroomCake28 I'm sorry, that sucks.
        @Isabella Ava, @Poryg No words, but a chuckle. I read this and just shook my head and laughed.
        @Sharm Yes, heating pads and electric blankets are awesome. My weenie dog constantly steals them if you leave it unattended. She has joint issues and a bad hip so I can't begrudge her too much.
        Dec 15, 2018 at 12:32 AM
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
    3. Builds_a_lot
      Builds_a_lot
      What do you do when tab A in slot B doesn't work?
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        @RetroExcellent I'm not alone! Yay!

@Poryg Lol, I guess I'll start labeling things like I'm an Elcore from Mass Effect.
        Humorous; Rhetorical; What does designation: one do when "precut tab" A, does not engage as predicted with "precut slot" B? (Sorry if it's bad, lol)
        Dec 13, 2018 at 1:07 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. RetroExcellent
        RetroExcellent
        I mean, Elcore is just basically polite chat speak anyway.
        Dec 13, 2018 at 1:27 AM
        Builds_a_lot and Marsigne like this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        <Status GONE WRONG!>
        And we can give it more popular youtube-ish labels, but we should stop here I guess :D
        Dec 13, 2018 at 1:28 AM
        Builds_a_lot and Marsigne like this.
    4. Builds_a_lot
      Builds_a_lot
      I know I'm late to the party, but has anyone seen whtdragon's freesources? I love her animal sprites!
      1. ShellyValeras
        ShellyValeras
        Sounds Cool!
        Dec 7, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Have they been gone?
        Dec 7, 2018
      3. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        @ShellyValeras Yes they are. I could hug this person for making such awesome sprites and for making it free. They are so cool. And they don't want credit for it, but pffft. Credit should be given. I don't have the patience for what they created, I was frazzled figuring out animal sprites for a couple Medieval RPGs, one has hunting. Woodland cannon fodder away. Don't be offended. I'm cursed with dark humor.
        Dec 7, 2018
        ShellyValeras and Marsigne like this.
    5. Builds_a_lot
      Builds_a_lot
      Disheartened by artwork at the moment.
      1. Marsigne and The Stranger like this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Yup, it has its own way and an interesting one at that. :p
        Dec 6, 2018
        Builds_a_lot likes this.
      4. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        If you ever need honest feedback you are welcome to PM me but I'll warn you I'm brutally honest and when given the freedom to nit-pick I will without reservation ;)
        Dec 6, 2018
        Marsigne and Builds_a_lot like this.
      5. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        @Marsigne To say the least... Interesting is a kind way to word it. Lol!

@Finnuval I'm glad to hear that. I can deal with brutal honesty, that I understand and trust.
        Dec 7, 2018
        Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
    6. Builds_a_lot
      Builds_a_lot
      Lol, it is frustrating because I'm a perfectionist and I'm trying to find an art style that's mine that isn't too realistic or too cartoony.
      1. Marsigne and Artificer like this.
      3. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        Hmm, my page must have not loaded right the other day, as there was not a comment function then. Interesting....
        You know, they'd really benefit from a corkboard/Portfolio area on the member's pages. Nice, neat, concise spot to post musings/ideas/art/projects that are tied to that member. I know there's threads for all that, but that is a lot of pages to dig through if you're short on spare time.
        Dec 5, 2018
      4. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        And @OmnislashXX sorry... Won't happen again. I really didn't mean to. I didn't realize it was a whole status wall, just thought it was only tied to my page rather than the whole site.
        Dec 5, 2018
      5. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        @Marsigne I plan on it, it is when I start dreaming about making projects in my sleep that I worry and make myself take a break. As in a day or 2, to focus on other things.
        Dec 6, 2018
    7. Builds_a_lot
      Builds_a_lot
      I'm finding the art takes longer then the technically legwork.
      1. Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        depends a bit on what your good at too I think :)
        Dec 3, 2018
        Marsigne and Builds_a_lot like this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Once you settle, the fire becomes a problem.
        Dec 4, 2018
      4. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        @Finnuval I float between the art and technical. Art creation comes a bit more easily, albeit, frustratingly than the technical. However, the technical is like this puzzle box waiting to be dismantled and reconstructed. It presents a fun and frustrating challenge to my brain that I love. Throwing together a common event that should work and riddling out why the obvious bits aren't communicating.
        Dec 6, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    8. Builds_a_lot
      Builds_a_lot
      I found a studio name I love, and I'm working on 6 different projects at the moment.
      1. Marsigne and samkfj like this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        @MushroomCake28 Well they're not my projects technically so that's not up to me :p
        Dec 3, 2018
        Marsigne and MushroomCake28 like this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        That's a lot. Maybe try making more names for the earlier projects?
        Dec 4, 2018
      5. Builds_a_lot
        Builds_a_lot
        @MushroomCake28 @Marsigne I do it that way so I can cycle through projects and ideas for said projects without getting burned out just focusing on one, or working in one project and get an idea to add to another or a new project altogether. I have note books as well, and random scraps of paper that turn into a confused hodgepodge of notes I have to decipher later, Lol.
        Dec 5, 2018
        Marsigne, MushroomCake28 and Finnuval like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 12, 1981 (Age: 37)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Art,Gaming, RPGs/Building/Sandboxes/Sims, Tabletop/D&D, Polymer Clay, Crafting, Bunny Rabbits
    I always dislike these parts of profiles. What is the balance between "too personal" and "banal triviality". I started playing video games when I was 8, my dad got me the Nintendo Entertainment System that year. I was the kid who kicked my foot to make Mario jump while playing the original Mario brothers. I prefer the Zelda games to Mario, as A, I don't like platformers and B, I found I liked RPGs better. Breath of Fire series was a favorite, Final Fantasy 3 (in the US) is another that turned into an favorite, the Might and Magic for SNES, I forgot Lunar, Silver Star Story and of course, Baldur's Gate by pre EA BioWare. And sadly the Sims...That's the highlights of my gaming youth and influencers of my taste and probably game design. I'm also a person who forgives graphics if the gameplay is good or the story is something I become invested in. Graphics are a plus, but I like substance. Coming from things like Fallout 3-4, Skyrim, 7DaystoDie, Ark, The Sims 4, I decided to make my own games, "Why didn't they do this", "Why wasn't this added", "This doesn't make sense, practically or creatively", "I could do better". And since then, I've learned why some features are left out, not enough time, money or brainpower to make it work the way you want it to. All engines have limits, people too. Sometimes good enough is good. And yet, I've also gained the skill of spotting lazy game design and development through this process, corner cutting (Which is understandable if it doesn't sacrifice the soul of the game), when things are asset flips. The list of little things goes on. It's also hard to play games now as my brain is like "Hey, I think I know how they did that!", in RPG maker terms, lol.