Builds_a_lot

I always dislike these parts of profiles. What is the balance between "too personal" and "banal triviality". I started playing video games when I was 8, fast forward a few decades and I decided to make my own games, "Why didn't they do this", "Why wasn't this added", "This doesn't make sense, practically or creatively", "I could do better".

Since then, I've learned why some features are left out, not enough time, money or brainpower to make it work the way you want it to. All engines have limits, people too. Sometimes good enough is good. And yet, I've also gained the skill of spotting lazy game design and development through this process, corner cutting (Which is understandable if it doesn't sacrifice the soul of the game), when things are asset flips. The list of little things goes on. It's also hard to play games now as my brain is like "Hey, I think I know how they did that!", in RPG maker terms, lol.
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interests
Art,Gaming, RPGs/Building/Sandboxes/Sims, Tabletop/D&D, Polymer Clay, Crafting, Bunny Rabbits

Following

Followers

Trophies

1. 10

I Like It a Lot

Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
  2. 2

Somebody Likes You

Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  3. 1

First Message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleA2015