BurningOrca
Last Activity:
Dec 8, 2019 at 8:58 PM

Share This Page

BurningOrca

Veteran, Male

Veteran

I will be absent and not developing anything for as long as I have games to play. I guess it'll be >= 600 h. Nov 17, 2019

BurningOrca was last seen:
Dec 8, 2019 at 8:58 PM
    1. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      I will be absent and not developing anything for as long as I have games to play. I guess it'll be >= 600 h.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        See you in 2234.
        Nov 17, 2019
    2. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      I have the habbit of always wanting to keep the entire party on the same level, which often makes the end game quite challenging.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        I'm exactly the same way. Back when I played Final Fantasy 12 for PS2 I had 6 party members at Level 30. You only needed to use 3 party members so why did I raise ones I wasn't even using? Your guess is as good as mine.
        Nov 3, 2019
      3. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        Being able to swap party members during combat (as well as designing troops to be more complex than bags of hit points) could make it justifiable to level everyone not being immediately used.
        Nov 4, 2019
      4. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Yeah... But thinking back I could of been at Level 40 if I stuck to 3 party members.
        Nov 4, 2019
    3. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      I have holidays and in a few days Disgaea 4 Complete+ releases. Too bad holidays aren't long enough for that game.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I hear you there. Took me 6 weeks to do all the game and postgame stuff.
        Oct 26, 2019
        BurningOrca likes this.
      2. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        In 5 it took me over 400 hours, in 1 it took me about 150 hours or so. I guess in 4 it will be >= 400 hours again, maybe.
        Haven't played the other ones yet.
        Oct 27, 2019
    4. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      I'm doing everything I shouldn't: Big first project, restart before being finished, randomizing stat increases upon level up.
      2. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        None of that is wrong unless you don't finish or hold yourself to a timeline that cannot be achieved.
        Oct 23, 2019
        BurningOrca likes this.
      3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        I hate randomized stats because RNG hates me...
        Oct 23, 2019
        BurningOrca likes this.
      4. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        Okay in my status post below somebody sad you should never restart, but if it is okay then I am happy.
        Oct 23, 2019
        Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
    5. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      Today I've restarted my project to improve upon the earlier maps/events, because of everything I've learned in development process.
      2. ImaginaryVillain
        ImaginaryVillain
        Nothing like sweeping past things we don't want people to see under the rug. I still keep assorted old versions of projects just to remind myself how much better the new stuff is.
        Oct 21, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Inb4, in next few months:
        "Today I've restarted my project to improve upon the earlier maps/events, because of everything I've learned in the development process."
        Oct 21, 2019
      4. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        As I know how long it took and can imagine how long it will take again (hopefully not as long as the first time) probably not gonna restart this a second time. One time is enough.
        I also have new ideas and I thought they can be better implemented into a fresh project, so I decided to restart. If it wont work I can still continue the first project.
        Oct 21, 2019
    6. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      I was shocked to find out, that one game I preordered is not gonna be turn based. My reaction time is basically not present.
      2. Prescott
        Prescott
        @bgillisp I second that. Although it isn't age for me, it's epilepsy xD playing ATB games is torture xD
        Oct 6, 2019
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        @Prescott : Yep. That's the reason many do like turn based, as usually anything action based is usually only viable to play between the ages of 12 - 30. And if you have perfect health.

Which is why I stayed turn based. Many gamers are older now, and doing anything else makes them unable to play your game well.
        Oct 6, 2019
      4. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        @bgillisp: Well as I only own Nintendo Consoles I've not played one that came before Lydie & Suelle except the remakes of the Arland Series. I thought the bosses are okay, except the ones from Roronas Post Game Content and the optional ones. Also the bosses in Lulua towards the end where quite overleveled. I still love the worlds, so I might still try out Ryza.
        Oct 6, 2019
    7. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      It is hard for me to come up with a name for my world that couldn't be found by a google search or just sound way too akward.
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        What if the scientists are also using a random name generator or just faceroll on the keyboard and see if a good name comes up.
        Oct 4, 2019
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        LOL! I think they do just use random names for new planets. I mean, PSR B1257+12 A is nicknamed 'Draugr'.
        Oct 4, 2019
      5. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        @FrozenNorseman: Well if I have a world name I can use it to create a game name, too. Currently the project is just called "Yet another lame RPG Maker game" and I even do not know if that name has already been used.
        Oct 5, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    8. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      Oh man, my plugins seem to never work after initial release and after people already downloaded them. That's frustrating.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, that's still okay. One day I released a tiny plugin that not only did not do what it was supposed to do, but was outright false. Took me two years to notice it and fix it. Nobody complained though, so looks like nobody used it. XD
        Oct 3, 2019
        caethyril likes this.
      3. SpicyNoodleStudios
        SpicyNoodleStudios
        I had a song that stopped playing after I released a mod one time. It was supposed to trigger when entering a room, but it didn't. It did when I was playtesting, though. I feel your pain, kinda.
        Oct 3, 2019
      4. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Insert Bethesda joke here.
        Oct 3, 2019
        Prescott likes this.
    9. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      It's amazing how customizable shops really are and how many plugin ideas you can put into them.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
    10. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      Did it the obvious mistake, creating a big game as first project, but at least it is not my dream game. Currently it is only for myself.
      1. Finnuval and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Don't worry about it, most people dive right in at the deep end.
        Aug 21, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        We all need to learn and we all do so from experience xD
        Aug 22, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    11. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      Wasted to much time playing Disgaea 1 instead of developing my own game. I guess it will be among those that never get finished.
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. RouletteBunnie
        RouletteBunnie
        Sometimes we need to take breaks from making our game's especially when you are developing the game on your own. It's a lot of detailed work for one person. I myself is creating a game on my own and I definitely have days where I just won't go on it.
        You will complete it! Don't worry! :)
        Aug 13, 2019
      3. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        A worthy expenditure of time, nonetheless
        Aug 14, 2019
    12. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      Finally between 0* Carnage Dimension Baal, now I can start making my RPG/Plugins/whatever again.
      2. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        I wanted to write beaten not between.
        Obviously I don't know Bangla, so sorry if I used a bad word. It's just the name of the strongest boss in Disgaea 5.
        Jul 28, 2019
        Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It's also the name\title of a few different gods in Mesopotamian and Semetic pantheons. I think it may have also been used a honorific for mortals, too. Baal is also recognised as a king of Hell in demonology.
        Jul 28, 2019
        BurningOrca likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I really hate not being able to correct typos and spelling mistakes. >.<
        Jul 28, 2019
        BurningOrca and Ryisunique like this.
    13. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      I am pretty slow player when it comes to RPGs.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        I breeze through a lot of dialogues too. I also save a lot of time in battles, because many battles are rather straightforward.
        Jul 14, 2019
        BurningOrca likes this.
      3. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        Yes first I am really a little bad in some of those games and second I always try to explore every single optional path/side story before continuing the main story in case the game actually let's me do that. I cannot understand japanese and I read a little bit faster than I hear.
        Jul 16, 2019
      4. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        In my first comment I wrote "just for the main story". That was a little bit misleading I meant "Main Story + optional stuff during the main story", so I meant without the post game.
        Jul 16, 2019
    14. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      I hate grinding, at least in the high levels.
      2. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        It makes the game more interesting to always be underleveled than overleveled also and I'm betting the devs don't want you being overleveled on the last boss.
        Jul 9, 2019
      3. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        Actuall 60+ hours.
        I don't want to be overleveled, I just want to be equally leveled or at least only 2 levels below, like it was during the entire game, but suddenly being 20 levels below because the curve changes drastically during the end game was a bit of surprise for me.
        Jul 10, 2019
      4. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        I really don't like the grinding and I am annoyed by it. I am just to motivated to actually finish at least he main story. So I almost never give up.
        Jul 10, 2019
    15. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      I thought I like, but I absolutely hate overpowered final-/optional bosses, that you cannot beat in a blind run.
      1. Marsigne and cabfe like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        Very hard optional bosses may be okay, if they are really optional! What I mean is, if the game has a post game story and it is required to beat them to advance the post game story, then it is not okay.

I have to take care not to create something like this myself.
        Jun 23, 2019
        NeoFantasy and Marsigne like this.
      4. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        Fire Emblem Echoes did something like that. Where the post game was a giant, super hard dungeon with a powerful boss at the end.

What made it even better was the fact that it actually fit within the lore and helped establish something that happens further down the timeline.
        Jun 23, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. BurningOrca
        BurningOrca
        I don't mind many HP, plus high defenses. That is just how bosses normally are designed to make you require some strategy in order to beat. I just hate it if it has a enormous attack value, too. Where is the purpose if it requires 20-40 hits to beat, but in return 2 or even 1 shots your entire party. I guess that means I did something wrong earlier in the game.
        Jun 23, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
    16. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      I've read KADOKAWA in the opening/ending of every anime I've recently watched. Propably wouldn't have noticed if I wouldn't have bought MV.
      1. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        I've read that in several animes and video games before but, I didn't realize how large the corporation is till I bought MV-
        Jun 20, 2019
        BurningOrca likes this.
      2. Lornsteyn
        Lornsteyn
        Me too, they are everywhere.^^
        In the future we will be ruled by the Kadokawa Corp and every year a Iron Maker Tournament is held. xD
        Jun 20, 2019
        BurningOrca likes this.
    17. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      Added BO_SortingOptions & BO_Shops to the master plugin list.
    18. BurningOrca
      BurningOrca
      Run out of ideas for plugins
      1. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        PixelmovementcompatiblewithYanfly'splugin lol
        May 15, 2019
      2. SimProse
        SimProse
        I never run out of ideas for plugins! I have around 60 ideas or so at any one time. Just need a programmer to do them (I know a little JS, but probably not enough for this stuff).
        May 15, 2019
  • About

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV