BurningOrca
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Had a little garden work to do today. During this the sun was constantly shining onto my neck and now I've got a burn. Perfect start into my holidays!
    There are so many interesting looking games out on/or still coming to the Nintendo Switch, but all either action RPGs or rhythm games. Bad for guys like me with no reaction time.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I know how you feel. In times like these I like to pick up a game that I've been meaning to play. There's just too many that I haven't tried yet.
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    World of Goo is a fun physics based puzzle game if you like more problem solving type stuff.
    Proof reading is such a time consuming job, especially if english is not your native language.
    ShadowDragon
    ShadowDragon
    its not my first language too, but I do mostly in english, but you can always let someone else
    read it and corect where needed.

creating a game is also time consuming, specially when noone can do it solo, because bugs are there and
    everyone can check it differently.
    LVGames
    LVGames
    Yeah takes time to make sure everything sounds correctly.
    I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
    • Sad
    Reactions: Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    Stink bugs huh? Ew! Gotta hate those! We had an "invasion" of those a few years back. Everybody's freaked out by them! :kaomad2:
    I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You should release the deluxe version of ------------.js! :LZSexcite:
    Avery
    Avery
    I would never release joke stuff on that day. Never ever. Promise. *wink wink*
    BurningOrca
    BurningOrca
    Well I was planning to add new sorting functions to the array class as I thought the existing one isn't sufficient yet.
    And off course I've chosen only the most efficient ones, like
    Bogosort, Bogobogosort and the Inteligent Design Sort.
    I hope this tells anybody something.
    I was planning to call it the best plugin ever.
    Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
    My switch is almost becoming an Atelier only console. Just finished Ryza today and later found out Dusk Trilogy is coming. Gust what are doing to me?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    BTW, I beat the others by dropping down to Easy, so it can be done still if you don't mind doing that. Or maybe you'll have better luck and I just got bad RNG on the boss patterns.
    BurningOrca
    BurningOrca
    The final boss took me 3 tries in Ryza. I am not sure anymore, but I guess it were even more tries at Lydie and Suelle after overlevelling. Lulua was awful. The final boss was at the maximum level and I was about 20 levels below and I had to drop down to easy to beat it.
    BurningOrca
    BurningOrca
    So maybe Ryza improved, but the rest not really.
    Game development is fun. Playing through the beginning a trillion times is exhausting.
    Reactions: MrKiwi
    BurningOrca
    BurningOrca
    Having a long introduction event is worse, but I like my beginning as it is.
    I mean it is worse having to playing a bunch of times through it until it works as intended.
    gvduck10
    gvduck10
    OMG I feel this so much in my soul
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    I get your pain...
    I will be absent and not developing anything for as long as I have games to play. I guess it'll be >= 600 h.
    I have the habbit of always wanting to keep the entire party on the same level, which often makes the end game quite challenging.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I'm exactly the same way. Back when I played Final Fantasy 12 for PS2 I had 6 party members at Level 30. You only needed to use 3 party members so why did I raise ones I wasn't even using? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Being able to swap party members during combat (as well as designing troops to be more complex than bags of hit points) could make it justifiable to level everyone not being immediately used.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Yeah... But thinking back I could of been at Level 40 if I stuck to 3 party members.
    I have holidays and in a few days Disgaea 4 Complete+ releases. Too bad holidays aren't long enough for that game.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I hear you there. Took me 6 weeks to do all the game and postgame stuff.
    BurningOrca
    BurningOrca
    In 5 it took me over 400 hours, in 1 it took me about 150 hours or so. I guess in 4 it will be >= 400 hours again, maybe.
    Haven't played the other ones yet.
    I'm doing everything I shouldn't: Big first project, restart before being finished, randomizing stat increases upon level up.
    Today I've restarted my project to improve upon the earlier maps/events, because of everything I've learned in development process.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Nothing like sweeping past things we don't want people to see under the rug. I still keep assorted old versions of projects just to remind myself how much better the new stuff is.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Inb4, in next few months:
    "Today I've restarted my project to improve upon the earlier maps/events, because of everything I've learned in the development process."
    BurningOrca
    BurningOrca
    As I know how long it took and can imagine how long it will take again (hopefully not as long as the first time) probably not gonna restart this a second time. One time is enough.
    I also have new ideas and I thought they can be better implemented into a fresh project, so I decided to restart. If it wont work I can still continue the first project.
    I was shocked to find out, that one game I preordered is not gonna be turn based. My reaction time is basically not present.
    Prescott
    Prescott
    @bgillisp I second that. Although it isn't age for me, it's epilepsy xD playing ATB games is torture xD
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Prescott : Yep. That's the reason many do like turn based, as usually anything action based is usually only viable to play between the ages of 12 - 30. And if you have perfect health.

Which is why I stayed turn based. Many gamers are older now, and doing anything else makes them unable to play your game well.
    BurningOrca
    BurningOrca
    @bgillisp: Well as I only own Nintendo Consoles I've not played one that came before Lydie & Suelle except the remakes of the Arland Series. I thought the bosses are okay, except the ones from Roronas Post Game Content and the optional ones. Also the bosses in Lulua towards the end where quite overleveled. I still love the worlds, so I might still try out Ryza.
    It is hard for me to come up with a name for my world that couldn't be found by a google search or just sound way too akward.
    Oh man, my plugins seem to never work after initial release and after people already downloaded them. That's frustrating.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, that's still okay. One day I released a tiny plugin that not only did not do what it was supposed to do, but was outright false. Took me two years to notice it and fix it. Nobody complained though, so looks like nobody used it. XD
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    I had a song that stopped playing after I released a mod one time. It was supposed to trigger when entering a room, but it didn't. It did when I was playtesting, though. I feel your pain, kinda.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Insert Bethesda joke here.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Rylo