Recent content by BurningOrca

1. BurningOrca

Talent

Okay I have to admit I was wrong, not everything is learnable. The example given to me with the wife that had zero talent for math by @Drakkonis is prove enough. As talent exists, also it's opposite exists.. If a person has zero talent or understanding for a certain topic, e.g. math, this person...
  2. BurningOrca

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

In MV in DataManager.saveGameWithoutRescue there is warning if the length of the save data string is equal to or exceeds 200.000 Characters. Suppose you have so many plugins installed, which all add something to the save data, so that it will actually happen, would this be problematic or can you...
  3. BurningOrca

The songs that get stuck in your head

Bridge Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog for Master System. I didn't even own the game or console, only a friend owned the game and also she and I are living apart for years now. I am still occasionally humming a melody that is not exactly the same, but awfully familiar to Bridge Zone. That is just...
  4. BurningOrca

Talent

Just a question that has not really something to do with the threats topic, but do I seem stubborn? If I'm actually very stubborn and don't acknowledge your opinions as much as I should, then I really have to work on that. @ShadowDragon Yes, different plugin creators do create the same plugins...
  5. BurningOrca

Talent

@ShadowDragon I guess I have a good example for people who learned the same thing, but are different: MogHunter did some incredible visual stuff with his plugins, I could never do. Yanfly wrote a whole library of plugins containing a lot of essential improvements over the base engine. I guess...
  6. BurningOrca

Talent

Okay I start to understand that interest or hard work alone does not get you anywhere as each field may require different skills and if you don't have them it is harder for you to learn anything in those fields. You gave me clear examples where natural skills matter. Maths & Programming often...
  7. BurningOrca

Talent

I am pretty sure even those girls and guys who are or at least seem to be gifted still train themselves and also get even better over time. That is may be also why other people never reach their level no matter how much work they put in. But how to determine if someone is (exceptionally) natural...
  8. BurningOrca

Talent

I've heard a view times that some people think there is no such thing as talent. Would you agree? I would at least agree that everything is learnable (maybe except if you have a certain handicap, but sometimes even this can be overcome). I also believe that the biggest reason some people learn...
  9. BurningOrca

How can I see if one of my posts has been rejected?

Okay thanks for telling me!
  10. BurningOrca

Oh man, then I have problems with 'there' and 'their' I guess! That is sad as 'there' described...

Oh man, then I have problems with 'there' and 'their' I guess! That is sad as 'there' described a position and 'their' is a possessive pronoun. I guess this happens often if I write too fast without thinking too much.
  11. BurningOrca

How can I see if one of my posts has been rejected?

If I go to my latest activity I see a post of mine which is striked trough. Does this mean it has been rejected? If I follow the link it says it is still under approval. If it has been rejected, then I am actually glad about this. It was meant as an april fools joke and it is better if nobody...
  12. BurningOrca

I don't know why, but I still have big problems with 'than' and 'then'. I always want to write...

I don't know why, but I still have big problems with 'than' and 'then'. I always want to write 'Sweet tastes better then sour' instead of 'Sweet tastes better than sour'. I'm unsure if this is only in regards to comparison or if I would actually completely switch there meaning and write 'Okay...
  13. BurningOrca

@Sausage_Boi I really didn't have any inspiration, I just wanted to try it out and MV happened...

@Sausage_Boi I really didn't have any inspiration, I just wanted to try it out and MV happened to be on sale right at this moment.
  14. BurningOrca

I was pretty much inactive for last couple of month, occasionally logging in and looking if...

I was pretty much inactive for last couple of month, occasionally logging in and looking if there is a message for me. I was already thinking about saying good bye, but this would be sad. I really have a lot of fun here and don't want to miss it. I just can't think about anything interesting to...
  15. BurningOrca

Burning Orca Shops

@Rakon My screenshots are from BO_CustomShops. To be honest I've never tested really tested equip items with BO_CustomShopsXL or didn't pay a close look onto the window. XL didn't display the stat comparison, because of how I've setup the shop goods in XL. I've fixed that now and also set the...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!
Oh, I was just confirmed I'll be doing small online classes during june - july, on one side I'm nervous and looking forward it, on the other one: I've became the very thing I swore to destroy. :kaodes:
Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.
dEj6ha4.png

WIP :)
Added some cliffs / walls / roofs to the tilesheet and am currently working on roof objects to make them prettier and more variable. And of course, windows and doors that fit to the game's style.
I also adjusted the grass color but i have some issues with my display, so if it looks weird, please let me know :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yatsuzuka_Kou