Recent content by C Frost

1. C Frost

That's a nice map! If you made that in Gimp, then you are definitely more skilled than I am at...

That's a nice map! If you made that in Gimp, then you are definitely more skilled than I am at using a Gimp/Photoshop-style editor to make maps, heh. That is one of the key reasons for me to use CC3: I could never make a map like that in Gimp, but I can in CC3. So for overworld maps, its...
  2. C Frost

Hmm, well when it comes to the City Designer add-on, I can't comment much, because I've never...

Hmm, well when it comes to the City Designer add-on, I can't comment much, because I've never used it. My work with CC3 has entirely been on world maps. I've purchased a number of the "Annuals", which are add-ons, but they just give you a new mapping style to work with, they don't change or add...
  3. C Frost

Yep! Been using it for years. In brief: overall it's quite good at what it does, which is...

Yep! Been using it for years. In brief: overall it's quite good at what it does, which is provide a way to create detailed RPG maps (or maps for ANYTHING, really) without the gigantic learning curve or cost of Photoshop. Not that it doesn't have a learning curve of its own of course, but I found...
  4. C Frost

MV and scaling on high res displays

Right, but the thing is, if you look at other apps and programs on the same machine, some of them suffer from this same issue and some of them don't, because it is possible for a given program to be optimized for high res, and look pretty normal, even when running on a 13 inch, 3200 x 1800...
  5. C Frost

MV and scaling on high res displays

So, recently I tried a new laptop out, one running Windows 10, which has a display resolution of 3200 x 1800. Despite my irritation with Microsoft and PC manufacturers pushing these super high-res displays when many apps and programs aren't ready for it, I decided to give it a shot. Case in...
  6. C Frost

Generator vs RTP?

I forgot to touch on this in my previous post, but as several others have said, I would absolutely love to see expansions to the generator that add more variety and choices to the available parts, more options for making facesets for a single character to show a range of expressions, etc. I'd...
  7. C Frost

Generator vs RTP?

Yeah, I noticed the differences, but they are still much closer than the Ace gen was. In fact... I'm with Ms Scaryfish; overall they look fairly similar. But I also know that I have a terrible eye for determining that two art styles are different enough to "clash", so eh. As to the .json files...
  8. C Frost

Official Bug Report

Does missing material count as a "bug"? Or should this be posted in another thread, or be its own thread? In any case, poster yuyubabe mentioned missing SV battlers for some of the actors in the base RTP; I am missing those as well. In addition, the "BaseResource" pack is missing SV battlers as...
  9. C Frost

oh inspiration and motivation, where have you gone? Just days ago, we were all so happy...

oh inspiration and motivation, where have you gone? Just days ago, we were all so happy together... T_T
  10. C Frost

I saw this and really stopped and thought about how much you do around here. You're like an RPGM...

I saw this and really stopped and thought about how much you do around here. You're like an RPGM Community Superhero.
  11. C Frost

Game & Map Screenshots 7

@LTN: nothing to say about that inventory screen except that I like it. Very slick. @Celianna: gotta go with what seems to be the consensus, more or less: I like the first style of message box. The second one is good as well, but I think the black and pink really works. But I also agree with...
  12. C Frost

Game & Map Screenshots 7

[/SPOILER] Personally, I think the Mack sprites suit that screenshot more. Something about the overall atmosphere that just doesn't work quite as well with the chibi sprites. I know what you mean about sprites in general - I have zero talent for making anything, so it's all scrounged resources...
  13. C Frost

More questions! Corner event graphics+ future expansions...

Ah, I see. Probably won't worry too much about it, then. It's kind of gratifying in a way to read this - I was trying the different animation options out and was completely stumped and just thought, man what am I missing here. lol Excellent news! :thumbsup-left: Thanks for the heads-up! Now I...
  14. C Frost

More questions! Corner event graphics+ future expansions...

So as I've continued to try and use PM, adding Avery's awesome castle tiles to the mix, I started using the "corner" pieces provided to use around the water tiles, to give them a more natural rounded look. This is a nice bonus to have, but I'm a bit stumped as to how to get the animations of the...
  15. C Frost

Pixel Myth question - grass color flickering

Refresh rate is at 59 hz, so not low enough to cause this issue, at least I wouldn't think so. boldpaste2: Hadn't seen that resource before. The 60 FPS alien looked a tiny bit blurry, and the 30 FPS one was really blurry and jittery. So it may just be a general screen ghosting or some other...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I realized that I don't talk about my game's plot too much. not that I'm hiding stuff, I just don't know what I should tell people in general that would be important. I know more so what plot points NOT to tell.
Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
jaynightwolf wrote on GalacticGod's profile.
hello GALACTICGOD I loved your characters especially the super heroes, I am new to this rpg program and I would like to know if you have more characters from DC comics, be they villains or heroes
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YoSocrates