Jun 22, 2018 at 8:23 PM

Awarded Medals 1

Birthday:
Feb 14, 1978 (Age: 40)

Share This Page

cabfe

Cool Cat, Male, 40, from France

Veteran

It's now live: Bleeding Moons will be published by Phoenix Online Publishing in the second half of 2018! Jun 8, 2018

cabfe was last seen:
Jun 22, 2018 at 8:23 PM
    1. cabfe
      cabfe
      It's now live: Bleeding Moons will be published by Phoenix Online Publishing in the second half of 2018!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Alexander Hawksmoor
        Alexander Hawksmoor
        All the best.
        Jun 8, 2018
        Marquise* and cabfe like this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Yay! :kaopride: May it be a Happy release!
        Jun 8, 2018
        Marquise* and cabfe like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Hey... Now it is not just a tread in Progress Congratz!
        Jun 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM
        cabfe and starlight dream like this.
    2. cabfe
      cabfe
      50 hours to reach the last boss. Another 50 hours and still trying to beat him... dayum you, Square.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I think some of the problem too is the bosses in FF games are meant to be defeated by cheap tricks. FF7 one cast of Knights of the Round = win, FF8 spam Aura on Squall and limit break it to death, FFX grind in the battle arena against Jumbo Cactur with AP set to be based on damage taken = 20 - 70 sphere grid levels per battle, and so on.
        May 13, 2018
        Matseb2611 and The Stranger like this.
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Basically, they forgot to balance the boss against those who don't find those tricks, and in the end we get the nightmare we get.
        May 13, 2018
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Yeah, just cheap exploits which almost break the game. I remember there was more stuff in FF7, like a Mime materia or something, which allows you to copy the last attack you did, so you could get another cast of Knights of the Round if the first one didn't kill the boss. :p
        May 14, 2018
    3. cabfe
      cabfe
      Did the beta testers never reported those non-skippable long cutscenes before a hard fight in FF10? Was skip or autosave too much to ask?
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        May 13, 2018
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        I find the landscape in the game not bad... maybe over saturated... but the characters... It's like a standing lesson in everything to not do in pixel art.
        May 13, 2018
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        One of the comments on Reddit said it looked like an RPG Maker fan game. xD
        May 13, 2018
        cabfe likes this.
    4. cabfe
      cabfe
      I've just started playing FF9, supposedly a good one but... it's all bad so far. Should I continue?
      1. Marquise* and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Also FFX has a pretty awesome combat IMHO. I love that you can finally swap party members mid-battle to use whoever is best against the enemies you're facing.
        May 7, 2018
        cabfe likes this.
      4. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        @Matseb2611 I think it was that generation of RPG's in general. Around the same time there was Tales of the Abyss (another classic), but I despised every character in the party by the midway point.
        May 7, 2018
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I think I stopped when I felt it was redundantly Final! ;)
        May 11, 2018
    5. cabfe
      cabfe
      There should be a translator thing like Legalese->My own language... I feel like I'm selling my soul. --;
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Which is normally dependent upon your ability to pay them extravagant sums of cash, not guilt or innocence. To poor to afford anything but a public defender (which defendants still have to pay for themselves by the way, at least here) and the most likely outcome is your council simply advises you to plead guilty and accept whatever the judge says, as you are 1 of 30 or so new clients they have to represent that day.
        Apr 21, 2018
        Marquise* and Matseb2611 like this.
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        That's a good point. There are a lot of contradictions in the law, to the point where it starts to depend more on which side is more persuasive.
        Apr 21, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I kinda have the very same problem here with morphing TOU everywhere and taking clients for products. :( (It all makes me paranoid!)
        Apr 21, 2018
    6. cabfe
      cabfe
      Nier Automata has the best soundtrack I've heard in years. Whenever I listen to it, it makes me want to replay the game.
      1. Marquise* and starlight dream like this.
      2. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        I have a hard time deciding whether I like Nier or Nier Automata's soundtrack more.

They are both so good.
        Apr 18, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Have to play that!
        Apr 21, 2018
    7. cabfe
      cabfe
      2. TheMutantSpaceDancer
        TheMutantSpaceDancer
        f#$kin' ea....
        Mar 14, 2018
        starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      3. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        @The Stranger Yeah the aztec one is absolutely awful, it's bad enough dealing with the mongol and timurid invasions, why would you want something twice as bad to ruin your game for you as well? xD
        Mar 14, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Seems as good as the buy the right to use and the program to use with that program. o_O What?
        Mar 18, 2018
        The Stranger and cabfe like this.
    8. cabfe
      cabfe
      I've contacted a publisher I'd really like to work with. Let's hope their answer will be positive!
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Awesome! Hopefully we'll see it on Steam soon.
        Feb 18, 2018
        Marquise*, Sauteed_Onion and cabfe like this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Good luck! And I just saw the BM cover image. Soooo nice! :kaojoy:
        Feb 18, 2018
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Hey just read this one and I am all heart with you. :) Best wishes!
        Mar 19, 2018
        Matseb2611 and cabfe like this.
    9. cabfe
      cabfe
      1. Llareian, Matseb2611 and Puruiro like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        If you blur your vision (not sure if you can do it, but I can focus my vision on completely nothing, which makes it all blurry), you can break most illusions though. For example once my sight is somewhat blurry, the red lines are straight. Once it was very blurry, the circles stopped moving.
        Jan 29, 2018
        Puruiro likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        But blurring my vision while looking at the checkerboard was fun :D I tried my best to break the illusion... And first the circle A went 2 coloured (2/3 darker and 1/3 lighter), then other stuff happened... In the end I managed to break the illusion. When I completely unfocused it and looked at the bottom half, the squares finally begun colouring as they should have.
        Jan 29, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        As for the clothes illusion, the best thing I managed to do there was a 4 coloured piece of clothing. I saw a semitransparent yellow-white and underneath it blue-black when it was in the yellow costume. But that took some willpower to achieve, because the moving objects make it hard to keep my sight unfocused.
        Jan 29, 2018
    10. cabfe
      cabfe
      I forgot how hard it is to go back to making a game after a long vacation... I have to find my speed again.
      1. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        May the speed be with you. :p
        Jan 10, 2018
        cabfe likes this.
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        @Matseb2611 How appropriate. I went to watch Star Wars just yesterday :)
        Jan 10, 2018
        Matseb2611 likes this.
    11. cabfe
      cabfe
      Caught a cold in the air. Wanted to release it.
      1. Matseb2611 likes this.
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        ... it grew fond of me :(
        Dec 5, 2017
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Those colds sure love getting caught by people, don't they? It's like they're asking for it.
        Dec 5, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
    12. cabfe
      cabfe
      So, it looks like just today is International Men's Day. I thought it lasted 364 days.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @starlight dream Offering gifts and performing special acts on certain days is nothing new, though. We've been doing it for centuries. The whole point of special days is to commemorate one thing or another, these new special days don't do anything different.
        Nov 20, 2017
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @FleshToDust I don't think IMD or IWD will breed contempt. No, such animosity and fear was born from other ideals, and of blaming all of our woes on men or women, rather than shouldering responsibility ourselves. IMD is an attempt to make people aware of the troubles men face in a world where men are increasingly vilified.
        Nov 20, 2017
        starlight dream and FleshToDust like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Well since we are focusing on it. I yet have to see ladies with mustaches on the Movember in support with their apposite contemporaries! ^^
        Nov 24, 2017
    13. cabfe
      cabfe
      Point of no return crossed. 50% done. The only way left is forward!
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Curses, Poryg has written exactly what I was going to write.
        Oct 20, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
      3. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        Susume!
        Oct 20, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
      4. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Oct 20, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
    14. cabfe
      cabfe
      I finally managed to replicate most Visual Novel commands with one key commands:
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        Good job! that was one of the most annoying parts in making a VN in RM. Not sure where you made it but 'v')b
        Oct 4, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
      3. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        For VXA? That's pretty cool :0
        Oct 4, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
      4. cabfe
        cabfe
        That wasn't an easy task, especially for an average scripter like me... The only thing I can't do is precise fast-forwarding through already read dialogues. I can skip a scene marked as viewed, but I can't mark a specific dialogue line. Scene skipping is similar to the way Tsukihime did it, if you've played it.
        Oct 4, 2017
    15. cabfe
      cabfe
      Yeah for Little Busters coming soon to Steam! It's so much better than the overrated Clannad.
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      3. cabfe
        cabfe
        It's announced at $35 for its release on November 1st. Well worth the reading hours.
        Sep 22, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        You should all try "H20: Footprints in the Sand" as a visual novel. It has a "blind man" mode, where you can't see the ladies and you have to date them based on their personalities and voices. :D I bet it beats most Visual Novel games in terms of uniqueness and mechanics.

Still, Clannad has a fantastic story.
        Sep 22, 2017
        Guiguimu and umbralshadows like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        At first I was reading and wondering... How comes I didn't read of the game. Visual novels.
        Oct 1, 2017
    16. cabfe
      cabfe
      Happy Cat Day!
      1. Marquise*, Kyoku, Dalph and 1 other person like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I knew I answered to the last cat day but it was a real cat day too here. Hey did you made the lil kitty sprite at the end of your siggy? I like it :D
        Aug 18, 2017
        cabfe and Susan like this.
      4. cabfe
        cabfe
        Yep, I did it. It's based from the XP cat sprite, then edited with my cat's colors and eventually I posed/animated it for the fun of it :)
        Aug 18, 2017
        Marquise* and Susan like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Awwww ^^ One day I won't hold myself and do a whole action sheet of felines :p Really cute to watch!
        Aug 18, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
    17. cabfe
      cabfe
      Next game is 25% complete. I can't decide if it's a lot already or if there's still a long way to go.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        It's more than I ever did :)
        Aug 6, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        It progresses :D
        Aug 18, 2017
    18. cabfe
      cabfe
      Big wave of spam on the forum :( I hope the mods have a tool to batch-remove that junk. That'd be a nightmare doing it manually...
      1. Marquise* and Kes like this.
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        There technically is a tool for it, but for some reason, it failed in this case. We're not sure how this slipped through - working on figuring it out.
        Aug 4, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        @Skunk There is a way of automatically removing spam normally, but in this particular instance there were complications.
        Aug 4, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      5. Skunk
        Skunk
        Ah that makes sense, ya it was kind of odd how quickly it was able to post over and over.
        It was almost like some sort of ddos attempt it seemed. Glad you guys were able to get er under control!
        Aug 5, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
    19. Marquise*
      Marquise*
      *poke* Hey you with the calico cool cat, WAZZUP?!
      1. cabfe
        cabfe
        I'm fine, thanks!
        Got 5% of my new game done, it's both a lot and nothing... but I'll do it!
        Jun 2, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Yay! Well sometimes it is more fun DOING a game than playing one so you can think it as... Having 95% more fun left. ;) (But don't forget to share with those who have more fun playing!) XD
        Jun 2, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
    20. cabfe
      cabfe
      At last, all maps are drawn! Now to draw busts, sprites and customs poses. See you again in 6 months...
      1. Marquise* and Arcmagik like this.
      2. RetroBoy
        RetroBoy
        Good luck, work hard!
        Apr 27, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Ack... yeah, things takes times! Especially with RL interruptions and energy drainage.
        May 6, 2017
        cabfe likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 14, 1978 (Age: 40)
    First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Signature

[​IMG] will prevail! [​IMG]

[​IMG]