cabfe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Darn high quality standards... half a day mapping a scene and... it's only shown once. In an alternate, optional route. I'm done for today.
    Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    Think positive. At least it's done and it brings more depth to your story. Everything matters. Good job!
    Reactions: cabfe
    cabfe
    cabfe
    At least it looks good! I think I'll play some violent game now and map again tomorrow. There's still 20 maps to draw.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    The life of an indie developer in a nutshell, especially one who tries to go above and beyond.

You know what I find motivates me to do a good job on optional sections which most players might miss? I tell myself, well, most players don't reach the end of a game either, and yet I put a tonne of effort to make the finale good, so why not with this optional scene? And that instantly motivates me. :)
    Lord! How can it be you can post more than 150 characters in your status?
    cabfe
    cabfe
    If you're referring to my new year "greetings", it has been posted at the time of the previous forum software.
    "C'était mieux avant" :)
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *se pogne la face à une main!*
    me=idiot
    Uh well this is a sign that my bed is calling me I guess! ;)
    I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my attorney yesterday, and on his advice I wish to say the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, nonaddictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday,
    practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice
    religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and
    medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2017, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

(Note that I didn't actually write this, it's far too technical for my everyday English :) )
    cabfe
    cabfe
    You can never satisfy everyone :p

I had to take lessons to meow correctly to my cats and they still complain about my accent, acting as if they don't understand me. (^o^)
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    lol..........then just don't send gift at this point XD
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Awwww... I wish I saw it sooner! ^^ Well my computer didn't cooperate at all then. But your message is so true (and sad) cabfe! *cybermental hugs* Don't let today's hypocrisy, unforgiveness and and bad will take the best of you and I wish you to get alll the best in this new year for about as many goodness as the many words and efforts you putted into theses wishes.
    Reactions: cabfe
    4 maps done, 65 to go (so far).

I hate mapping, but if I don't get rid of it first, I'll never have the courage to go on making the game.

Damn you, perfectionism, and the many days I need to get one map done!
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    @cabfe Well, I suppose something of that sorts happened to me too so I can understand xD T.T My artist has "artblock" GG.
    As for the maps, what works for me best is making the layout first and add details after having evented the scenes or when I feel like it. I found that instead of going A -> B -> C, it's better (and more fun imo) to do A <-> B <-> C. That applies for everything: writting, mapping, eventing... (and it's not like it can be avoided even if you plan a lot, really).

Anyway, good luck with your new project! I can't wait to hear what's about.
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    I tend to do everything in one shot and then come back to add little touches when I don't feel like doing anything else.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Out of likes.  But I read you @cabfeand I feel better now!  :D
    Too many game ideas. It would have been great if only the characters and settings were compatible. I can't make four games at the same time! So I just keep writing down ideas and, maybe, someday...
    Reactions: 1 person
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Well it is harder to protect :p   (Kinda!)
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Grab more wood to build a fence to protect it.

And then protect the fence with more wood.

And then...
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *applauds*  :D  

I was thinking of brevets or copyrights.  For sure the copyrights of the poor would cost a lot in this case XD (AKA sending me by recommended snail mail my wooden prototype and rebuilding another one :p  )
    Strong emotional discharge after I played Lilly's route in Katawa Shoujo. It feels good to cry for love.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    A cat playing with bird games? ;)
    cabfe
    cabfe
    @Marquise: I have yet to try Hatoful Boyfriend xD
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    True! So that was another game I should look upon!  (I can't find folks I followed in my contact list anymore with that new display! o_O)
    What a year already. It's almost like someone got a Death Note for Christmas and has fun writting famous names in it.
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    Death Note: Autograph Hunter? :p
    sabao
    sabao
    Is George RR Martin writing season 2016 of Earth? I want out.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I can't believe it is the same guy who made Captain Power And The Soldiers Of The Future.

What happened Cabfe?
    Writing a story is quite easy. Making it into a game, not that quite. I'm still wondering if my next game shall be a giant cutscene with a few choices, like a Visual Novel, or more interactive like an Adventure Game.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    That may well end like this. I don't plan on making it a long game, so maybe it won't be too difficult. I don't know how mixing the two will be felt by players, though. Trying to be two things may mean being nothing in the end.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    @AwesomeCool: I'm used to write since childhood, so yes, it's probably easy for me but not for everyone. In my case, mapping and setting up interactivity are my weak points. Maybe my games would better be visual novels, but I love adventure games and the possibilities they allow.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I'm sure it would be cool whatever your choice. Archeia recently attempted to have authors and graphists to do Visual novels last week.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @cabre - I can't tell, but I am guessing turn based with fancy graphics.

The menu disappears at one point (after cloud finishes an action and no other atb bars are full). the player gives an action to Barrot once (de-confirming it being a 15 style system). It seems like atb style with the characters doing insignificant actions imbetween to keep it lively.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    15's system is totally different. ex:
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    actually this a mix of FF7 and FF13 Lightning return '3'
    Another terrorist attacks in Paris. Can't we ever all live in peace?
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Are you all rioght Cabfe. Gee Friday the 13th... C'mon! It ain't a reason to be unlucky to each another!
    cabfe
    cabfe
    And that was supposed to be World Kindness Day. Someone didn't get the memo.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *facepalm* Here Le Jour Du Souvenir (In memory of war veterans)
    I've started playing the Visual Novel "Narcissu". Not even half-way and tears are already coming... and I like it. Is there a word for people who like sad stories (once in a while)?
    Aoi Ninami
    Aoi Ninami
    I think what you are describing is catharsis... someone who enjoys it might be a "cathartophile", but my Greek isn't good enough to know whether that's a correct formation.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Well catharsis is more about being able to experience trough a medium strong emotions, that help expurgate such emotion from yous. For example, ancient Greek tragedies would make you experience the wrongness of murder by illustrating it in a play, and focusing on the emotional torments and punishment of the murderer. If Cabfe like sad stories, it simply defines him as sensible. If you really want to refer to Greek tragedies, closest would be Pathos, but pathophile sounds awful.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I cried but did not really GET into it... too long and I didn't realized at first it wasn't a game.
    I went to Steam to look at adventure games on sale. I choose the tag "Adventure". The list that came up had nothing to do with adventure games (GTA, Fallout, Batman...). There's even a Call of Duty in it. Please, don't misuse the Adventure tag, darn it!
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Yes, RPG too, that's sad. The only alternative to find what I want is to pick a known title and look at "similar titles". Another good idea gone to waste.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Sometimes and RPG Adventure game can comprise FallOut, although... Adventure is it a linear story? Side scroller? I'm kinda confused myself by the genre!
    cabfe
    cabfe
    @Marquise: there are many subgenres to the Adventure type, the most common is called Point&Click, but you can find Puzzle games (à la Myst) or even Hidden Objects for example. Focus is generally on the story/puzzles rather than stats, combats or gameplay mechanics.
    I'm creating the trailer for Bleeding Moons. I had heard that for 1 minute of video, editing takes 45 minutes on average for a pro. I thought it was a little exaggerated. I was wrong (-_- ;)
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Not yet, I'm still reviewing and have an American friend to help me too. I didn't expect so many people to apply (^_^ù). That should be decided soon, though!
    Lecode
    Lecode
    Good luck =p
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    On another hand I used to do all the time animated Cartoon and I would had liked 1 second to be done from sketch to render in 45 minutes! XD

On the bright side you<ll grow more experienced and proud of your work and better and better at it!
    Just found an interesting documentary for the 15th anniversary of Deus Ex:
    BCj
    BCj
    Deus Ex <3
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Never played that game but heard a lot of good about it!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    WOAH! DIDN'T REALIZED IT WAS IN MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Finished playing Pier Solar and the Great Architects. Not bad, some good moments. But why did they add mandatory agility puzzles?!
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Anything that requires me to be fast and accurate will require at lease three tries. c:
    Marquise*
    Liquid water has been found on Mars, says NASA. I feel like a little kid.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    "Get your a$$ to Mars!"

XD

Bet with water there's also life on Mars.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Knew it! If there's water on the moon it'd be strange to not have it on Mars.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    That picture makes me think of Dark City. And Mr Quaid... you plan staying 2 weeks there?
    And I'm done! 174,000+ words translated into English. Next time, I make a Pac-Man clone. ;)
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Cool! I am doing the opposite of you sometimes... My native language is French! ;)
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Same for me. Usually, you translate from a foreign language into your own (in my case, French) but the cost for hiring a professional translator was just too high (5 digits). I'll still have to hire a proofreader/copy editor, though.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Ack! I understand. I didn't wanted one of my animated project translated by me once and... when I saw how the title was translated in English, I was afraid it would be a word by word. o_O
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrOrgazm