cabfe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Just received my ITIL certification. I'm not sure how it'll change my life, but it can't be bad.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Congrats. (What's ITIL?)
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Thanks!

@Marquise: It's a set of best practices for setting up a business service and making it always better. It's often used in the IT services but can be applied anywhere.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Awww! Congrats even better then!
    Spriting dead people is kinda depressing... I should have made a My Little Pony fangame or something.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    XD Sorry! Someone asked me to do that for a REStaff. :p It was bottom of my to do list. :p
    My cat has lost her favorite toy and is meowing, walking aimlessly. This is both cute and sad. Now to find it myself, under a furniture I guess.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Aww Daughter cat offer her sympathies, and mommy cat offers a hug. I offer my hope it'll comr back to her. ^^
    cabfe
    cabfe
    I found it. It was under the freezer, just like Shaz said. I tried some time ago to give her another similar ball, but she just ignores it. Her toy is her precious, no copies allowed!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    It's a bit normal she protects it; you gave yourself a hard time fixing it and shaping it into a mouse shape. How wouldn't she regrets what loving hands made/fixed for her. You know, today's kids don't even see this attention. But sometimes, some little times pets feels the intention and that really count for them. :3 *cybermental kitty kiss on her wiskers* Good cat!
    Just learned that there'll be a sequel to the anime Aria, one of my favorite. Just before going to bed, I know I'll have sweet dream tonight (^o^)
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Is that the Aria blonde lone warrior from the French comic books?
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Neither one actually. I'm talking about "Aria", the anime adaptation of Amano Kozue's manga of the same name. It's a very relaxing show with an exceptional soundtrack. When you're feeling under the weather, just watch a couple episodes and you'll find your smile again. I love it.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Awww... I should try; reads relaxing!
    I'm so behind schedule I feel ashamed. I should be adding the last touches to my mission when I've done only 1/4 of it. Where can I buy some free time?
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I typed that so you can feel more lightly about the task ahead. ^^
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Still got bedbugs? This had been months now since you got invaded. You're very brave, I wouldn't have lasted a handful weeks if I were you. That puts my own problems into perspective.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I got 2 in 2 weeks I bet they are or dying or hiding!

It has been a slow glucifixion month ;)
    I didn't think of adding a minigame since I thought it wouldn't fit, but have eventually done a combination puzzle with rotating pieces. Nothing fancy, but it works great and adds a little variety.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I think I wanna see that (and the code but its besides the point it should stay yours!)
    cabfe
    cabfe
    It's really basic actually.

I send several script calls with an increasing angle value and the snippet of code makes sure that the rotation is set to 0, giving the illusion of rotation without spinning.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    You know... with my spriting (not that I am sure I understood all since I do not use scripts) I think this could be used over the ninja star request I once had. ^^
    Drawing sprite poses takes a long time, but is so rewarding. It brings much more life to these dear pixels. If it weren't so time-consuming, I'd draw poses for every NPC.
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    All credits go to hiddenone and her generosity <3!

I wanted to pull off the head tilt while sitting like you did but too many poses meh...
    cabfe
    cabfe
    She's talented indeed.

I understand you. I can't afford to do it for everyone or I'll release in 2025.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Aww I do understand you. (I'm on the Demon side walk cycle of $Big_Monster2 now) But true... even if we have no use of them, sometimes they are nicer than we imagined them once we do something new with them. ^^
    You know you're closer to making the end of your game when you spend more time handling consequences than making new choices.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    @Blinn: Be careful not to be overwhelmed! It quickly adds a huge amount of work players won't even see.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Can I just like that, paraphrase your quote on STEAM with a link here? It is a line that goes as well as the engineering line; A good engineer asks not what he can put new in a machine but how much he can remove with it still be working (or something like that I paraphrase by memory here.)
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Be my guest (^-^)
    Spent like 15 minutes wondering why my parallel event didn't work... to find that it was set to the default "Action" mode. I need a break ;)
    Nathanial
    Nathanial
    It was that time that cabfe learned to create the bug "checklist" of basics before diving further ;)
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I get that a lot with some Autorun events. I'm like "Why is this cutscene not triggering?"
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Yep, do that a lot to. Cut of really long cutscene from playing temporarily to test something else, couple days later it's forgotten about until I realize it isn't playing anymore.
    ... and back from a week long hiatus cause by a defective internet box. I had no idea I could receive so many mails in a week.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I was wondering where you've disappeared to. XD
    cabfe
    cabfe
    At least, there's a good point to it. No internet == no distraction. I've made some great progress on many aspects of my game meanwhile.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Good to read you back on track :D
    Sat in front of PC for a quick bug fix.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Only to find that it triggered another, unexpected one and spent the rest of the evening fixing it too...

It happens too often :(
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I hate that. Hopefully you've fixed it.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Welcome to scripting. Happens far to often sadly
    Wonderful how wolves impacted the Yellowstone Park, positively.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    That's pretty awesome. Everything in the food chain is linked.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    In considering such, imagine how you can apply that to storytelling in RPGs or in world building.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Awwwwww... This is what this status function should serve for!
    Bleeding moons has been awarded Best Game 2014 with a Gold Medal at the Golden Alex RPG Maker contest. 7 awards in total. I'm so happy!
    Clord
    Clord
    No wonder that Google didn't find the site then.
    Clord
    Clord
    Since I would have needed to write the thing in french.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Ah, yes, I translated the Alex d'Or into English for better understanding. I didn't think of adding its real name too.
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    I can read french : D
    Kes
    Kes
    So can I, and I was impressed by the comments that were made. It's clear that they thought highly of your game. Well done. I'm so pleased for you, because it's been obvious that you have been working hard on this.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Thank you!

Even if there's room for improvement, I'm really happy that people enjoyed playing my game.

Sure, we first make them for ourselves, but it's all the more enjoyable when others like them too.
    Me: Let's take advantage of this sunny day to dry my laundered bed sheet. My cat: Cool! A new climbing wall! ->Now I have a 80cm bed sheet rip to sew back together.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Them pets have their ways to create more work for us. :D
    Sometimes I wish I were making just one big cutscene. Freedom of movement and choices are killing me!
    Laptopdancer
    Laptopdancer
    Preach!
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Maybe to reduce the number of choices a bit? With creative works it's important not to bite off more than you can chew, otherwise things get too overwhelming too fast. :)
    Congrats on the Alex d'Or qualification !
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Thanks!

Now I hope people will like my game enough to get a prize ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrOrgazm