Cadh20000
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I hate not being able to sleep! I've seldom been able to force myself to continue to lay there after the first 30~45 minutes if I don't doze off.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    It's actually easier to get to sleep if you stop after a while and try again a little later.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    That is exactly what I usually do! :p
    Previous status, properly edited: Lol, I don't usually write for other people. It seems like what I really ought to do is make up a "standard form" with some basic questions that I need answered in order to truly build the story to fit their vision and give it to the client all at once instead of asking the questions as I think of them. Questions such as: "Which character do you want the story to start with?" and "How do you wish the story to progress? Standard past t...
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Often they have a clear idea for the BASIS and certain plot point planned out for the story and game play, but the actual details that connect these get them totally lost. In these cases the writer needs to know the basic plan for the story or what they come up with may not go with the gameplay at all.
    Reynard Frost
    Reynard Frost
    Their job is to make it fit. ;x Or better yet, you should have an outline of their gameplay so you can make sure the story fits the gameplay.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    And what about when they have a character list and personalities, along with a starting point, few major plot points, and end point for the story, but have no ideas at all for minor plot points or dialog? Are they supposed to say "Scrap my ideas, you do it all!"? Or "take this as the base, and make it live!"
    Lol, I don't usually write for other people. It seems like what I really ought to do is make up a "standard form" with all the questions I need answered to build the story correctly and give it to the client all at once instead of asking the questions as I think of them.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I don't know if you can do that, since a progressing story depends on what's happened earlier, so each new thing you learn and add to the story triggers new questions to be answered. You can't know all the questions right at the start.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    True enough, but some questions are going to be standard such as "Which character do you want the story to start with?" "How do you wish the story to progress? Standard past to future? Or present to flashback to future? Or some other pattern?" etc...
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Alright, so I need to watch my phrasing more carefully. I should have said something like "with some standard questions that I need in order to truly build the story to fit their vision"
    Why does thinking of an appropriate title have to be so hard? ><
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    The game is a combination fantasy-genre tactical-rpg and school-life-sim based in the modern world.

Basically the story goes that he caused a scene when he summoned a fire elemental in the middle of a scifi/fantasy convention while cosplaying as a wizard with this antique spellbook he found among his great-grandfather's things.

Now he is being hunted by this secret society of evil magic users and has to recruit allies from among his classmates to help him stay alive...
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Personally I think your title is nice, and still fitting since everything started from the Accident anyway...
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Thanks for the feedback! ^_^
    I know what I’m doing tomorrow! Working on the preliminary sketches of the banner-graphic and title-screen ideas for my current project! (I still lack an actual title though... :p )
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    A boy in modern school clothes stands in the middle, shown from the waist up, hands held out to each side palm up, right hand holds spellbook, left hand has a fireball hovering above it. The background on the side the book is on has his classmates/team facing the middle and holding their starting weapons(sports equipment, etc...) while behind the fireball is a group of enemies(thugs, mages, and magical summons), again facing the middle.

I might flip the image horizontally though.
    For the project I'm planning now... Well I have about an 8 or so page long block of text from the transcript of the brainstorming sessions on my comp to go through and organize. The actual development of the project is gonna have to wait until I have the full VXAce most likely, but the planning can be done now, right?
    Neon Black
    Neon Black
    Of course it can. Planning is a very important part of development and it's not like you need the engine to plan. What the engine can't do, you can get a script for (even if you need to request it).
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Unfortunately for the moment I'm using VXAce Lite so I can't even test them out to see what works best... Its all paperwork and graphics.

Somehow while brainstorming with some friends I roped myself into writing out the spell list and incantations, as well as doing up 2 alternate spellbook page graphics for each, one in an unreadable language for before the spell is learned and one in English for after it is learned.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    I guess a large part of the reason I've been so into RPGMaker lately is the fact I can actually accomplish something solo or with a just few friends instead of needing a large team...Before I got so into RPGMaker I was (and still am) working on a massive 3D game project for several years, spending most of my time on team recruitment and management... Recruiting and managing the team took up so much of my life I got sort of burnt out.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    I have been part of an RPG map project in wc3, it is ongoing for maybe 4 years now and is still far from completion... takes lots of time, and it isn't even a full blown game... people simply come and go, including me...
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Pain in the neck managing 3D modelers and animators, not many of them are willing to work on a project that doesn't provide immediate pay and among those that are, you don't dare push them too hard because their is nothing but their interest in the project to hold them.
    I think I just committed myself to making a bunch of spellbook pages for a side project... 2 of each spell, 1 in an unreadable language and 1 in English
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Let's see...

1.) come up with spell ideas

2.) write out the spells

3.) translate letter by letter into the Futhark syllabary

4.) apply to page background

5.) apply English version to copy of same background

6.) save both versions

I'm gonna be up all night again, aren't I?
    I have some ideas for a project, but at the moment they are vague. There is the intro written out and some possible ideas for game mechanics and plot but nothing concrete… Not enough yet for a thread in the Projects subforum. Anyone feel like helping me brainstorm? If so my Skype ID is c.alex.d.hillman Just let me know you’re from the forums so I have an idea who you are!
    There are days when it doesn't seem worth the tremendous effort it takes to get out of bed... Days when it is all you can do not to lay there crying into your pillow instead... This is one of those days... At least it is almost over...
    "Everything from Myth or Legend, Dream or Nightmare, exists in some universe and the rifts are connecting these various realities. Nothing is safe in this, or any other, universe"
    wildwes
    wildwes
    So the Zelda universe exists? Take me there right now.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Lol...Sorry, name brands like that are locked away beyond the boundaries of my universe. Now...If I could get permission to use them then it would be a different story!
    My first soundcloud upload...supposed to be background ambiance for my entry to the halloween contest but plays too loudly on SC. http://snd.sc/18PDJc9
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Now that I have a soundcloud, I'm kinda wishing I was at home so I could record the laugh that I used to scare the other actors at Frightworld. (My avatar is from when I worked there)
    Headaches = boredom, just can't get into anything with my head throbbing...
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    Drink lots of water, pop an aspirin, and close your eyes for 15 minutes. Take deep, steady breaths and turn down anything making noise if you can.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Problem is, I'm not at home. No internet at home so when I get there, I'm off for the night no matter how I'm feeling... >.< Gotta look on the bright side though, at least it isn't a migraine this time!
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Lol, meant to put a description on that, not submit it yet!

Anyway... Trailer for my team's entry to the Halloween event.
    Drachen
    Drachen
    Why isn't there any sound?
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Thanks! Any and all help is appreciated!

Right now I'm uploading a trailer for "Killer Machines", my teams entry to the Halloween event.
    NPC
    NPC
    Ooh, nice. I only wish I had the time to do it. XD My horror game'll be out during summer probly.
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    What are your graphics like? I'm assuming you have a thread but I haven't come across it yet.
    Finally get online for the first time in days and my team is busy with other stuff... Oh-well, that's just how life goes.
    Working on multiple projects at once gets confusing sometimes... :p
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    You should try a single project with multiple storylines. You think you're confused? Ha ha, some of what I'm doing is downright frustrating to remember!
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Trust me, my main project (non RPGMaker) is hard enough with a single branching storyline! :p
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Well, not single, dual instead since you can play as brother or sister.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm play DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luspeon