Candacis
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• This is totally the right weather to pixel some fireplaces.
    Doing wall autotiles! What kind of indoor wall is your favorite?
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I also really like wooden walls. You can add beams to them that act as platforms for torches and other one tile wall furnishings. Dungeon stone walls work too for that same reason. Variations of the two are always welcome; good-luck with the autotiles!
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    wooden, asian styled and old stone walls would have my vote
    Kes
    Kes
    Wooden and old stone. Some with a skirting board, some not. (Skirting board - that's possibly just UK English. It's that piece of wood that is at the very bottom of a wall and is, say, a few inches/cmms high. Older houses have deeper skirting boards.)
    Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Autotiles are a pain and carpets are hell, combine the two things and your sanity is lost. XD
    Xane
    Xane
    I read that as you were like trying them out as in "eating" carpet tiles. I was going to say... There might be enough threads in there to make it to the 100k.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    After a bit of fiddling around and with good feedback from Avery, I landed on a version that I like.
    Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
    I just noticed that all my sideview beds I made are way too long for the sprites. Well, back to the drawing board..
    Reactions: BCj and Dalph
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Long beds for tall sprites? I appreciate that you think of things like this, sometimes the RTP doesn't match the scale and it drives me crazy.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    @Sharm I think, the beds are still more suitable for tall sprites, that is the format that interests me most, but I made a child sized bed that will work for the default sprites, too.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Cool! I've been debating making things scaled for both size sprites in my artwork for a while. Generally I just make stuff for tall sprites, but I know those aren't as easy to find.
    Trying my hand at pixel tiles, but it quickly turned into endless variations of the same cupboard/closet
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I know that feeling. I tend to do a little better when I have a photo and try to recreate it.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    Well, I have the base finished and am somewhat happy with it. I just mean that now I'm using this base to do open closets, closets with 2 drawers, closets with 4 open shelves, small closets, closets with glass doors, closets with glass doors and drawers etc.
    It never ends!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    That's cool! I tend get a little stuck once the basics are covered, so for me when I start making variations it means I don't have good ideas for which fiddly bit to do next or I'm avoiding something. But it sounds like you're exploring the theme thoroughly instead, which is a very different thing. I think if you're having fun, it's all good.
    Kes
    Kes
    Please do not use Status Updates to ask Support questions, that is not their purpose. They are meant for random thoughts, odd bits of info, that sort of thing.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    And please don't bombard people like that. The people here have their own lives, work and stuff to do and cannot always respond immediately. If you send a message, you need to be patient. It's not like life's on the line, is it?
    feel-RPG
    feel-RPG
    sure^^ it was only a question, and I got on, nothing more :D calm down xD
    Hey! Do you allow using your VX Ace tiles in MV if I own both licences?
    Candacis
    Candacis
    Don't know which licences you mean, but my terms are in my threads.
    Hello wondering if you could help with a new tileset and how much it would cost. its a 2D game i own my own server and i want kind of a mix of the two files i have attached. of course i could use a few extra tiles .  this is going to be a long term project for me. i have scripters and all that other stuff. just need a nice set of tiles to get the world going.

View attachment 35181

View attachment 35182
    Candacis
    Candacis
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm rather busy right now with other commissions. I would try the Commercial Classified Request forum.
    Been very ill for the last week, finally starting to feel a bit better.
    PandaMaru
    PandaMaru
    Au :/ Get well soon. I hope you have the worst part behind you.
    Kes
    Kes
    Don't rush back into things before you're fully recovered (says the person who always does that).
    Man, making tiles for MV takes that much longer than for VX/Ace. A lot of more details to cover in the bigger size.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    Also, I think there are less potential buyers for MV packs than for Ace. Logically, price should be higher to cover the higher cost and lower sales figures. At first, in any case.
    PandaMaru
    PandaMaru
    It is sooo hard to fill this damn sheets. Didn't expected that.
    Sythian Bard
    Sythian Bard
    I'm sure I can speak for many of us adoring fans...we are SO thankful that you are taking the time to do it. I definitely can not wait to see the beauty that you will add to the MV world of Resources.
    The joy of thinking you have finished a resource and right when you want to sent it, spot a tile error -_-
    Iavra
    Iavra
    Almost every plugin i upload has some sort of debug code in it (console output etc..), that i have to remove a few moments later.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    In the same category falls importing always the old resource file into rpg maker and going crazy wondering why none of your reworking efforts seem to make it better -_- fun times.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Candacis: Or, importing the file into the wrong folder? "Where's my new faceset graphics? Oh, I imported it as a tile set."
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nallovint