Candacis
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Anyone can recommend a good gaming mouse? My mouse wheel has given up. Last mouse was steel series diablo iii edition (I know, it's been a while)
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I use a Logitech G502 Hero and I like it quite a lot.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    The Redragon Impact M908 has its own numpad on the side (with 12 buttons) and it's under 40 bucks. You could game with just the mouse (no KB ) if you had that. I tried it out once to see what it was like, and it was cool to bring up menus without having to move the mouse somewhere to click.
    I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Pfft, I remember those old wives' tales about the outside world. Not that I believed any of them. Everybody knows the myth of the great glowy ball and the open sky. Pure fabrication, the lot of it. :LZSangel:
    Sigony
    Sigony
    I heard that there are two glowy balls. I only know of two balls, if they were in the sky you wouldn’t see them, and I don’t think they’re meant to glow.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @Sigony I bet they Sometimes feel like they glow though :p
    • Haha
    Reactions: Sigony
    If you download a resource, be it art or plugin, please thank the creator for their time. We are all guilty sometimes of just grabbing something without commenting. Now is the time to go through your credit list and visit the threads/site where you got the resource from and leave a heartfelt thank you!
    Finished my autotile edits, a mix of MV and MZ rtp. Mainly Cliffs, Water and outside floor textures.
    You can create some real crazy and weird characters in MZ char gen
    Water Autotiles, I curse ye! Those things are really the most time-consuming to edit/make.
    I'm working on outside a2 autotiles edits right now and I'm wondering, who is using the carpet in Outside_A2? And the 2 holes? Are they useful? I was thinking of replacing them with a wooden counter and a wooden plank autotile. Thoughts?
    • Love
    Reactions: Juanita Star
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Those both sound more useful. Even if they didn't, you should make what you want, what you're debating over isn't as important to others as it is to you.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    @Sharm Yeah, you are probably right. I have some ideas what would be a good Outside autotile mix, but I'm sure others have different ideas about that.
    jonthefox
    jonthefox
    now that I'm thinking about it, an outside wooden counter would be extremely useful, since you can just use some B and C tiles to cover it and now customize your own market vendor tiles.
    Grass... Earth... Sand... Snow! Working on edits for some new autotiles for MZ/MV
    Tables! I'm always wondering how big I should pixel those. Right now I'm at XP sized tables, starting the table legs at half a tile size, which is good for putting stuff on to the table, but a bit tricky for chair placement.
    Reactions: Quexp and KakonComp
    Quexp
    Quexp
    I tried editing a tileset and, wow, that's work! I'm super impressed with you guys being able to make them from scratch and have everything lined up.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    I spend years just making edits in VX Ace and then MV. Edits are fun and good practice until you feel confident enough to do something from scratch.
    Dungeonmind
    Dungeonmind
    Thats all I do right now is edits. It's like once you learn how to do decent edits you just want to edit everything, add more colours, variety etc. It's an addiction I swear.
    This is totally the right weather to pixel some fireplaces.
    Doing wall autotiles! What kind of indoor wall is your favorite?
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I also really like wooden walls. You can add beams to them that act as platforms for torches and other one tile wall furnishings. Dungeon stone walls work too for that same reason. Variations of the two are always welcome; good-luck with the autotiles!
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    wooden, asian styled and old stone walls would have my vote
    Kes
    Kes
    Wooden and old stone. Some with a skirting board, some not. (Skirting board - that's possibly just UK English. It's that piece of wood that is at the very bottom of a wall and is, say, a few inches/cmms high. Older houses have deeper skirting boards.)
    Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Autotiles are a pain and carpets are hell, combine the two things and your sanity is lost. XD
    Xane
    Xane
    I read that as you were like trying them out as in "eating" carpet tiles. I was going to say... There might be enough threads in there to make it to the 100k.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    After a bit of fiddling around and with good feedback from Avery, I landed on a version that I like.
    Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
    I just noticed that all my sideview beds I made are way too long for the sprites. Well, back to the drawing board..
    Reactions: BCj and Dalph
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Long beds for tall sprites? I appreciate that you think of things like this, sometimes the RTP doesn't match the scale and it drives me crazy.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    @Sharm I think, the beds are still more suitable for tall sprites, that is the format that interests me most, but I made a child sized bed that will work for the default sprites, too.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Cool! I've been debating making things scaled for both size sprites in my artwork for a while. Generally I just make stuff for tall sprites, but I know those aren't as easy to find.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
There’s a beehive in my wall
Just finished my midterms! Freedom! Alright, back to gamedev!
I confirmed my train ticket yesterday. I'll be heading to Orlando on the 29th... last time I went, I found this little treasure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infusa