Candacis
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• wth.. I thought someone was breaking in, but it was a crow strowing stuff at our roof window and walking on it.. why, crow, why o_O
    Pine
    Pine
    Crows are awesome and weird birds. In my office there is this one crow (which I'm 100% it MUST be the same one every time) that whenever I'm wearing black shirts he stays in the window staring at me. Like, if I move, he moves his head to the direction I'm in. And he ONLY comes if I'm wearing black. It's spooky. I named him Snow :p workdays sometimes are boring.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    Well, there is currently a storm outside, but no way am I letting the crow inside ^_^

I also heard crows are very good at recognizing faces.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Yep, they are. So they can recognize those who wronged them. :p
    Working on some cozy snow covered houses ^_^
    Kes
    Kes
    Somehow having 'cozy' and 'snow' in the same sentence seems odd. I know what you mean, but...
    almost finished with my tilesheet for the german ReStaff, but still some free space. Any ideas for a medieval/fantasy soldier camp?
    AceOfAces_Mod
    AceOfAces_Mod
    Maybe add Liquid Fire (rough translation of the greek word Υγρό Πύρ).
    AceOfAces_Mod
    AceOfAces_Mod
    Liguid fire was used in naval battles during the Vysantine Era to burn down enemy ships. It was so much flamable that it could not be stopped with water.
    Kes
    Kes
    I don't think you'd find much Liquid Fire in a land-based camp.

If this is a permanent camp, as distinct from a mobile/field camp, have you got latrines sorted out?
    I'm editing the rtp flags. If someone has some specific heraldic wishes for flags, let me know ^_^
    Ugh, I think, I now playded the whole day Cook, Serve, Delicious. That game is the devil :D
    Blah_Blee
    Blah_Blee
    One whole day's worth? Or for the entire day? I remember logging 60+ hours on that addictive title.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    eh.. the entire day *cough* but I played it together with my boyfriend, so shared time ^^
    Who wants to read 11 pages about village mapping theory? Anyone? *nervous laughs* God, it got a bit out of hand... well, it has a lot of pictures.. -_-
    My mapping tutorial is going great.. except that I haven't mapped yet and are still planning out the village layout
    Kes
    Kes
    I do think, though, that clear example maps, even if just small sections, are really necessary for this sort of tutorial. Without those examples a good chunk of what you write won't register.
    Candacis
    Candacis
    Of Course, I will do a step by step map, very detailed and then after that some additional exercises and maps
    Kes
    Kes
    sounds good to me.
    I hate coming home and everything is dirty -_- seems someone didn't clean a thing in my 2 weeks absence -_-
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Grit your teeth and do it yourself, it's your home after all.
    Avery
    Avery
    I know that so well... just found out that I'll have to do my "partner project" all alone again, because my "partner" "has not the skills" (aka is too lazy to learn it and do it right).
    cabfe
    cabfe
    We are never better served than by ourselves... All the best for you!
    There comes a time in editing tiles where you realize it might be pretty but not functional. Time to adjust it. Gameplay before aesthetics.
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Kes
    Kes
    How true, and I wish all tile editors took that approach. I've been caught out several times trying to use tiles which eventually revealed themselves as useless.
    I have made a red barn with red barndoor and a straw roof. Can a barn be cute? o_o
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Absolutely!
    OM3GA-Z3RO
    OM3GA-Z3RO
    Anything can be cute if you set your mind to it.
    I plan on making a mapping tutorial for villages/cities. No parallax though, but with free rtp edit resources. Would that be interesting?
    BlackLiquidSorrow
    BlackLiquidSorrow
    Sounds good!
    Candacis
    Candacis
    I looked for other settlement mapping tutorials, but couldn't find many, although I didn't search through youtube. Throw me some links, Zak, if you already know some good town tutorials, I'm interested ^_^
    Zak
    Zak
    Well, kinda could look for them again - but these are videos and I really don't know if I may find them again. I'll pm you when I found some of them again. :)
    Working on some ReStaff resources. Any farm-related suggestions?
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Chickens are common, but I haven't seen a "chick" sprite in a game in a long time. Little yellow chicks would be a nice addition. ^_^
    Candacis
    Candacis
    farm animals are on my list. but little chickens already exist. I think, they were in the last ReStaff.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Maybe a goat or a duck
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milancete