Recent content by Castoa

1. Putting character battle sprites on a map

Thanks so much for all the links!
  2. Putting character battle sprites on a map

Thanks so much guys, I got it to work! I've been struggling a lot with sheet formatting and naming, so I've just been trying to pull up the existing assets and examine them to see how they're put together. Is there a page or site that you know of were I can really learn all of the formats and...
  3. Putting character battle sprites on a map

So this is kind of a weird question I feel, but I'd like to put a battle sprite on a map and just have it play the default battle stance animation for an npc. I copied and resized a battle sprite sheet and put it in the correct folder, but when I put it into an event, it doesn't move. I should...
  4. Event for adding lore found in a game to a comprehensive library

Thanks for the input, I figured I'd probably need a plugin. I went to check out taaspider's book menu and it works beautifully!
  5. Event for adding lore found in a game to a comprehensive library

I'm not entirely sure how to tag this since I'm having a hard time wording what I want to do but Basically what I'm wanting to do is create books and such in my project that players can interact with to get lore. I know how to get that to work, but what I'm thinking I might want to do is create...
  6. Creative ways to make forest map borders

These helped a lot guys, thanks so much!
  7. Creative ways to make forest map borders

So I'm trying to make a forest map, but I'm having issues with how to actually make the border of the map. I've seen a lot of examples of using the tall trees to give definition to the edges of the playable map, and though I think it looks good in some instances, I'm really not a huge fan of...
  8. Issues understanding events interacting with each other in cutscenes (moving npc characters)

Thanks so much for the help, it was the transparency. My mind was thinking I’d need it to hide my npc character until the event was ready to play, but it seems it’s doing that automatically, so that did fix it! I’ll have to try playing with having a dedicated cutscene event. It does confuse me...
  9. Issues understanding events interacting with each other in cutscenes (moving npc characters)

Hello, I'm rather new to RPG Maker and before I really started on a project, I wanted to make sure I understood the basics of what I'd want to do in a game. Currently I'm testing cutscenes, but I'm running into some issues. The way I've set it up is so that when the player character steps on an...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T
Crazy week. My anxiety decides to go nutz. Worse thing about it is that it causes me to lose focus on my work. I was able to leave early one day and take a nap. Seemed to help. How is everyone? Boosters coming soon here. Get my life back on track again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raidans