Recent content by cekobico

1. cekobico

What can be done to make RMMZ to have overwhelming positive reviews?

Prior to knowing anything about MZ, I expected them to hire or at least cooperate with Yanfly and his team to integrate their plugin library into the new engine. Let's face it, after years of developing with MV+YEP, it's impossible to go back to just Vanilla MV. Besides, I feel like the man...
  2. cekobico

Learn JS with RPG Maker MV

It would be a nice community-engagement thing if they would do like a (bi-)weekly/monthly tutorial on how to make your own plugins. Like, make your own menu, make your own HUD, you know, things that SRD used to do back in the day. Heck, they probably could hire him to do so if he's willing to...
  3. cekobico

Ways to get monster parts - ideas?

You know the general formula for sidequest in typical rpg is "Please bring me 10x bear claws/bat wings/wolf fangs/etc." Now since you don't want battles, what about becoming the other side of that formula? You go to a tavern/guild and post a 'wanted' poster to kill a monster and then after a...
  4. cekobico

RMMV Songbirds, a bird based RPG

The sequel to hatoful boyfriends seems promising. I'm sorry. I don't have any ideas to contribute coz you seems to already have a solid base to work with. Looking forward to it!
  5. cekobico

Town exploration incentives. No ransacking NPC homes.

Megaman Legends actually did a cool trick with it that I like. They don't let you inside the houses but by examining the door, you could 'hear' what's going on inside the house; it can be some random chatter between two housewives gossiping, to people reacting to the news that happens outside...
  6. cekobico

Where do you put your story-altering decisions?

I'd do this for a visual novel but I despise this on a J-RPG. I don't have a lot of time to replay RPGs. There are hundreds of game and dozens being released every week. I'd like to know what's the story inside a game and move on to the next game. If a game forces me to do this, you'd bet I'll...
  7. cekobico

Dungeon Encounters: Infinite vs. Finite number

Why not both and let the players decide? Make on-map evented encounters that dies on defeat. Fighting these hand-placed troops should give you enough exp to level up for the main boss of the dungeon. Then at the end of the dungeon (or at the save point one would conveniently place before the...
  8. cekobico

what kind of titles makes you give games a chance?

Think of other game/anime/comics/tv shows that somewhat resonates with your game; and go from there. If you feel your game has a very heavy JRPG influence, you might want to pick wordings that resembles a JRPG game in hopes to catch the demographics who play JRPG. (Final Fantasy, Persona, Shin...
  9. cekobico

LunaTechs MV/MZ Plugins & Tools

You guys are like the oasis in the desert <3
  10. cekobico

What Features do you miss/need/wish for?

UI UI UI UI UI UI UI UI. Let us poor people who can't afford coders to make a menu plugin makes our own UI. Even as simple as changing the windows to use images. Tons of character, map, music assets here but (majority of) everyone's game still has that same UI.
  11. cekobico

13 Alt Menu Screens

This menu has gone through several iterations it no longer look like this anymore lol so technically I no longer have the .js for this look since I'm dumb and saved over it instead of making new file :|
  12. cekobico

come hang out with us \o/

come hang out with us \o/
  13. cekobico

xDDDD hello there o/ I've been spending most of my time in Yanfly discord I guess :P

xDDDD hello there o/ I've been spending most of my time in Yanfly discord I guess :P
  14. cekobico

Puzzles for a cave dungeon

On-the-go crafting-your-way-out kind of puzzle. A quick scenario in my head goes this way:
  15. cekobico

Need Feedback on Menu Design (I'm too hard on myself)

First of all, let me applaud you on your courage and effort to customize the default look of your menu. It is indeed a rare sight within RM games to have customized menu. So, kudos and good luck on improving it. Second, it's hard to judge your design with the misaligned elements. I think you...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idleberry