Chaos Avian
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Ahhh, the satisfaction of creating a tough but very beatable boss! I really do love mechanics and balancing~
    A plot progressive mission based RPG with a central hub area or a continuous journey across the world? 
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Both?
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    I like that idea, but probably make the areas you visit on sertainly missions, accessible between missions....like, make little side missions/quests =3
    Hooo man, Yanfly's latest Plugin is God-send!~
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The one that works almost like Earthbound, where you can be snuck up on and sneak up on enemies?  Now, if only you could make it so enemies could run away when you're too powerful...  Or auto-lose if you're too powerful...  Heehee...
    Jam Session
    Jam Session
    Its that good eh I'll  check it out ... thanks
    The dying adventurer says not to trouble the unicorn. You troubled the unicorn, and now you're dying and can't escape... WHY DID YOU TROUBLE THE UNICORN? YOU WERE WARNED.
    Whew, how is it I ONLY JUST noticed the Golden Week deal? I just binged out on the 50% music resources~ :3
    Hmmm, how does a game that has two fully customisable characters usable in the typical RPG fashion with stealth/puzzle sections as a game concept? Two different play styles in one game.
    Murder during a time of peace is a crime, but soldier killing people during a time of war are not considered to be murderers.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       Killing is killing, soldiers understand this better than anyone when they're placed behind the trigger. They suffer from chastisement both legitimate and misguided and oftentimes have to learn to live with the sacrifices made to protect their countrymen; for most soldiers this is why they fight.

It's the political class that makes the hosed up decisions, the soldiers are oftentimes merely a convenient scapegoat for when the theater of war doesn't conform to the commander's political idealism. A man suffers enough being betrayed by his leaders and caught into a pointless bloodbath without those he was supposed to be protecting rallying behind his very betrayers against him
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    this is about murder not killing two completely differant things........ murder is the act of taking a life in cold blood for no reason other then to take the life (though most will give a stupid excuse like cheated or hurt a friend.... or some other BS) to kill is to take a life for the reason of survival.... and only survival..... a soldier is neither a killer or a murderer....

if a soldier kills a citizen of the enemy country for being citizen of enemy country = murder

if a soldier kills an enemy soldier who has him and his comrades pinned down then it is simply killing for the act of survival

if a soldier kills someone who randomly attacks and tryed to stop them by other means then it is killing for the act of survival

if a soldier just kills the person with out trying to stop him from the assualt by other means (aka no trying to say stand down or something) and the person is not an enemy combatant (since they wont back down due to an order or the soldier was ordered to shoot enemies on sight) then it is murder

if soldier kills enemy combatant on sight by an officer then the blood is on the officer's hands not the soldiers....

people try to make a war a black or white subject (especially the media) when it should be treated as having 1000 shades of grey..... to fight to protect one's country is a great honor..... but..... there are times when the war is no longer honorable......
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I think this falls under "no political or religious discussion unless game related" rule, so I'll be locking this, but I would like to point out that killing and murder are not the same word and should not be used interchangeably.
    Anymore people willing to beta test my game?
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    Why not? Send me the game!
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I'll give it a go, if you are still looking. Will get back to you by tomorrow if that isn't too late for feedback for you.
    Susan
    Susan
    I have some time tomorrow. Drop me a PM if you like me to test your game, and what you would like me to look out for. :)
    Anyone want to beta-test my game? It's practically done and need some outside opinions.
    VideoWizard
    VideoWizard
    Yeah, I can do that. Is it MV or Ace?
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    It's an MV game. If you could, tell me which OS you're using; Mac or Windows and I'll send you the correct version~
    VideoWizard
    VideoWizard
    I'm using Windows 8.1, if that helps.
    Hmmm, so my game is 80% done and I haven't even advertised it at all... should I start a Project Development thread?
    It is worth me getting the MV season pass? I don't know what benefits/ resources it comes with.
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    My neither... and I own it.

The only thing that came out so far was the first part. It's a music pack containing more RM2K remixes to more or less complete Extra Assets that came out a couple months ago. Not bad, but slightly disappointing since I expected more original music.

Of course, more is coming down the way, but no one knows what. I'd say wait until people give feedback on the second pack before deciding to buy it.
    How many RM games are there that tell a story without dialogue? i.e. Zero cutscenes and focusing on player experience.
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    I think Wanda doesn't have dialogue?
    Dalph
    Dalph
    A Bird Story comes to mind but although it has no dialogue there are cutscenes.

There's another one from the IGMC 2014 that fits your description, I saw someone Lping it but I don't really remember anything about it, I should check.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    ..... um i am still trying to wrap my head around the idea of telling a story with out dialouge..... why would someone......

and i have never played one but would love to now just so i know how it works
    Oh my, I just got my hands of a Windows machine! How do I Windows again??
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    You look through the glass so you can see through the wall.

#smartalec
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arlesrnes