CHKNRAVE
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    *pats* Hang in there. Once it's done you won't have to do it ever again.
    I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Ppl suck Sometimes.
    Not all ppl, but a lot do.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The vast majority of people I've known in my life have been extremely unreliable. I've learnt not to take people at their word, and that they will almost certainly break their promises for no real reason. Expect nothing, and you might find yourself pleasantly surprised when you find someone reliable.
    Well I sure didn't know fans could overheat and die. Room fans.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    So, you need a fan to cool another fan?
    CHKNRAVE
    CHKNRAVE
    I actually need 2 more, this way I can put all 3 in a triangle formation so each one can cool one while being cooled by another. Electric bills? What are those?
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Any fan get get too hot and die. Even fans at a concert can get too hot and die. Some fans need water, some REALLY don't. This has been standardplayer.
    You don't know what you've got until it's gone.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Have they gone from itch too?
    dragoonwys
    dragoonwys
    @The Stranger They are still on itch, but only as bundles. The single plugin pages are missing, but the team in charge seems to be looking into it at the moment.
    CHKNRAVE
    CHKNRAVE
    Welp, I just gave in and bought the full bundle, which I shied away from for a while while the total cost of the individual plugins I took grew steadily.
    But now I can finally work on my combat system.
    Day 2 of my parallax mapping journey. Placing one element is the most tedious thing ever, are people really doing this for every single map?
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    You can use yanfly's Grid Free Doodads... Placing stuff isn't that hard there :) And yeah... you'll be surprised to see what extent people go to to make their maps look pretty ^^; I personally use events for every single map object... just so I can place them properly for pixel movement (through lots of trial and error)
    CHKNRAVE
    CHKNRAVE
    That's an interesting approach, it's just a shame that nothing will show up on the editor... And all of Yanfly's plugins are currently impossible to obtain.
    Trying my hand at parallax mapping. I'm not good at this.
    CHKNRAVE
    CHKNRAVE
    My current idea is to make a custom tileset with every possible terrain type (below, player level, above), passage directions, and special type (damage floor, ladder) in pairs: the first one has a visual indicator of what kind of terrain it's for, the other right below it has the same settings but is fully transparent.
    CHKNRAVE
    CHKNRAVE
    However, parallaxes are always below the player. I can give the illusion of tiles being at the same level thanks to the passage tileset I mention above, but I'm stumped for tiles that should be above the player. Do you have any recommendations to make it work?
    superkoopa
    superkoopa
    I'm no expert but this is my method for putting stuff in the foreground, make a character sheet for your tile and then set it to above character. Probably not the best way to do it, but it gets the job done.
    Why is the plugin that's going to be the keystone of what I want to do, unavailable right when I'm back on RPG Maker? Is this how life tells me this is not the right time to come back?
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Did you not find Yanfly's row formation plugin? There might be similar ones out there. Don't just leave. I'm sure you'll find another way ^^
    CHKNRAVE
    CHKNRAVE
    You know, sometimes you're getting signs from above, and it's up to you to take the cue or not.

So I'm shifting my focus to the storyline. God is dead, fate isn't real.
    CHKNRAVE
    CHKNRAVE
    @Kuro DCupu I could absolutely outline how the mechanic would work in my games using states and events (I already shared an almost plugin-less battle system on this forum) but I'd have no visual representation of anybody's position besides state icons.
    Um... Did Yanfly's Row Formation plugin disappear from the internet? The itch.io page is gone.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Or just buy the bundles on itch.
    CHKNRAVE
    CHKNRAVE
    Can I be sure that the plugin wasn't also wiped out of the bundle?
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Their pages are temporarily down - they're looking into fixing it, according to an announcement on the wiki.
    I'm starting to assemble a demo of my game, for my little brother and the forum. Needless to say, I'm nervous.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vollar45