Recent content by Clangeddin

1. Clangeddin

RMVXA Legends Of Illarion 2: Sins Of The Gods

This game is made with rpg maker vx ace, not MV. The program should be a self installer .exe, you just double click it and it will extract the needed files on the prompted path. Once extracted you enter the new folder and select the Game.exe (or Illarion.exe if the author modified it somehow)...
  2. Clangeddin

RMVX NetherQuest (version 0.84)

You've overdone it with the customizations and what's worse is that there is little to no explanation about what does what. Choosing Race or Home Location has any impact? Is there any reason to make less than 8 characters? Even the normal dialogues are so cumbersome it feels like a chore just...
  3. Clangeddin

How do you know when a video game is good?

I know a videogame is good when I start nitpicking on even the smallest of its flaws and think how I could improve it if, somehow, I could mod it. If a game is bad, then it's beyond repair, so not even worth start nitpicking about its flaws.
  4. Clangeddin

Self Insert Characters: Good or Bad?

I voted yes, always, they can do what they want because it's their work. It's gonna happen regardless anyway, if not directly, the self insert will happen splitting different aspect's of the author's persona across different characters, it just cannot be avoided, unless the author is merely...
  5. Clangeddin

The worst games you have ever played

Dark Castle for Mega Drive (Sega Genesis) I don't think I can describe how bad it was, so I'll just let the Angry Video Game Nerd do it for me. And let's not forget it can be finished in 90 seconds... Such an epic ending.
  6. Clangeddin

What are you thoughts on Voice Acting?

9 times out of 10, it's cringeworthy and makes you want to turn off the volume. There, I said it.
  7. Clangeddin

Gold&Exp(Updated)

It's impossible to give feedback for this. The game is three rooms, one dialogue and one boss fight. Literally. You start at level 50 with a mage, and can recruit another level 50 character (a fighter) at the first screen. Then you go inside a castle and fight a dragon. You nuke him, he...
  8. Clangeddin

Final Fantasy V Fiesta!

FF5 would have been perfect if Galuf didn't die, or at least had he been replaced by someone equally badass. Getting her niece with zero combat experience suddenly gaining all her powers was just... ugh... I wish there was a mod out there for some FF5 version (the best so far is the GBA...
  9. Clangeddin

Games you think are Overrated?

The word overrated tends to get associated with bad when actually overrated is a word that concerns decent, descreet or even fairly good games that are hailed as masterpieces. It's unlikely you'll ever see a truly bad game hailed as such. As for my personal experience, when I think of...
  10. Clangeddin

Final Fantasy is feared to be a dying franchise that has long passed it's peak to Square Enix...

It's time for Final Fantasy to start indulging into Evil Parties and Evil point of view. Wanna challenge the status quo? Now there's your chance. Go ahead and make a Final Fantasy (not a spinoff, but one chapter of the series) with Garland as main character, as a sort of tribute for reinventing...
  11. Clangeddin

RMVXA Teihrvalas

I doubt anyone's gonna try this out if you put a password on the installer and don't tell us what the password is...
  12. Clangeddin

First RPG game you ever played

Either Secret of Mana or Dungeons and Dragons: Warriors of Eternal Sun. I honestly don't remember which one was first anymore :unsure:
  13. Clangeddin

Final Fantasy is feared to be a dying franchise that has long passed it's peak to Square Enix...

This interview is being blown out of proportion here. Most likely it was just a PR spin that came out wrong (he's trying to advertise FF15 here as the one game that will be the new FF7 blablabla I don't believe it for a sec, no way they'd be remaking FF7 so soon if it really was.)
  14. Clangeddin

How many skills is too many skills?

It's too many when you start seeing redundancy. When a skill stops being used at a certain point of a game because a new one makes the former completely obsolete then something was done wrong. This is a heritage of the typical Fire1, Fire2, Fire3 approach. While it has a nice retro feeling...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.
Time to take a little break from the project to work on another for Skyrim. Shouldn't take too long, as it's just fulfilling an easy to do request(more than likely I'll get beaten to the punch but...) this also gives me an excuse to play Skyrim again LOL.
Dawg.gifKhat.gif
I made two new friends today. I'm not sure which style I like the best..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RadicalRaticate