Recent content by Cole_Carbert

1. Cole_Carbert

I Really Need Help Editing The rpg_core.js File

One of you should really publish this. I think a lot of people would love you for it :kaopride:
  2. Cole_Carbert

Holy ****... I'm gonna cry... IT WORKED (I put it at the top on a whim) THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm a nitpicker when it comes to tiny details, so this means so much to me! I can die now. thank you for releasing me from this mortal coil.
  3. Cole_Carbert

Do I have this in here the right way? I tried it in the editor and it didn't work, then I tried deploying it and it didn't work, then I turned off all of my other plugins and it didn't work :/ The only thing that I can think of is that I'm just not putting it into the js file correctly.
  4. Cole_Carbert

I want to completely erase the fast forward function. If I ever see it again, it'll be too soon. Also, it seems like this code just turns the okay key completely off, but I still need the okay key to function as a means for the player forward the text (or am I just misinterpreting what you...
  5. Cole_Carbert

I mean, honestly at this point I'm so frustrated with plugins not working and my own dumb brain being stupid that I'd be jumping for joy if only dialogue fast forwarding got disabled, but no, I was referring to all fast forwarding (including movement route fast forwarding). By the way, the code...
  6. Cole_Carbert

I don't use Windows :rswt
  7. Cole_Carbert

Oh wait, doesn't that mean that the player won't be able to press okay to advance the text? I still need them to be able to use the okay button, I just want to remove the function that happens on a long press.
  8. Cole_Carbert

Oh wow! Thank you! Can you possibly tell me where I would insert that? :rswt Does it go somewhere in here? //----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /** * The static class that handles input data from the keyboard and gamepads. * * @class Input */...
  9. Cole_Carbert

I don't know how I would go about doing that, but I'm almost positive the player could still skip through it if they wanted to. Honestly, I know how this is going to be solved (by editing the file above), I just don't know how to do so. I'm also not entirely sure I know which line of code it is...
  10. Cole_Carbert

Can anyone help me edit the rpg_core.js file? I really need the function of the "ok" key removed that lets the player essentially fast forward through events because my game is extremely dependant on dialogue and missing or purposefully skipping any of it will ruin the experience. Before anyone...
  11. Cole_Carbert

Is This Possible/Can Anyone Help Me?

My game's color palette consists of two shades of green (I make my own assets), and a green tinted white for the text to make it stand out. Colored text wouldn't fit in with what I'm trying to do.
  12. Cole_Carbert

It didn't work :/ I don't understand why nothing is working. I did manage to figure out where the code that controls the fast forward function is, I just don't know how to take it out without disrupting everything else. It's towards the bottom of this file, where it starts talking about how long...
  13. Cole_Carbert

It didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but absolutely nothing is working.
  14. Cole_Carbert

Oh my god! Wait, really?? Is that the case with the first one you put in your reply? If so, you’re an absolute LIFE SAVER! I can’t test it out now, but just know that you’ve (probably) made my entire week! :kaocry:
  15. Cole_Carbert

I’ve used it before, but I have specific text animations that play depending on who’s speaking, and those get skipped when you fast forward, too :/ And I actually have the menu text set to appear all at once to differentiate it from dialogue.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewStaff