Recent content by CombatJazz

1. CombatJazz

RMMV Yanfly Subclass change on weapon change

Hi! My question is pretty simple. I'm looking for a way that I could set it so that the character's subclass automatically changes when they equip a new weapon type. If a sword is equipped, their subclass is locked to Sword Student. If they equip an axe, it's changed to Axe Student. And so on. I...
  2. CombatJazz

Theorycrafting a Weapon Mastery Skilltree System w/ Yanfly Skill Core

Hi, everyone. I am making this thread mostly out of a desire to kick opinions around before I commit to entirely rewriting my database. I'm sort of a newbie to complicated event-based and variable based systems and I'd like to know if what I'm describing is feasible. Here is the idea. Player...
  3. CombatJazz

RMMV Community Lighting MV & MZ

So there is unfortunately no method with this plugin to accomplish what I have in mind? And I imagine similarly about offsets?
  4. CombatJazz

RMMV Community Lighting MV & MZ

I'm a bit dense, can someone explain to me how RegionBlock works? But, like, very ELI5? I'm trying to create a fireplace and not have the lighting effect go through the walls of the house. EDIT: Also, how possible would it be to have an offset notetag parameter? I use doodads to put my...
  5. CombatJazz

Cliff Edges just... not working

Alright, I feel like an idiot. Just turned off QMovement and everything worked fine, so I turned it back on and set "Mid Pass = true" instead of "false" and now it all works??? So, if anyone has the same issue as I do, try that first.
  6. CombatJazz

Just tried turning them off individually and then both, nothing happened - I can still tapdance over the cliffs with glee. Similarly painting over with the star-transparency corner B tile did nothing.
  7. CombatJazz

It is a star, yes. I have Yanfly Region Restrictions (which does not seem to work for restricting player movement at the moment for reasons I have yet to parse, but works fine for events) and Q Movement Regions, which is not being used on this map at the moment (I only use it on the world map...
  8. CombatJazz

I am using an A2 tile for the inside of the pit - the snowed cobblestone in A2. I've tried combining the arrow B tiles in various ways to no effect, as well as deleting it all and re-putting the entire ensemble down, to similarly no effect.
  9. CombatJazz

I'm already using most of the reserved regions for this for other things, and I'm not sure I can afford 20 euros for a commercial license.
  10. CombatJazz

Howdy! I am about to rip all of the hair out of my scalp. I am trying to make an area of the map that is an indentation in the ground. Appropriately, you should be able to go *in* via the stairs but not *out* via just walking over the cliffs, because that doesn't make any god damn sense. I have...
  11. CombatJazz

Prevent "Cannot Move" Restriction from Literally Preventing Movement

Hello again! Another checks watch half hour, another problem. For my faux-press turn system, i use a state with a "cannot move" effect in order to demarcate the end of the turn. However, this presents a problem in that it Literally Prevents Motion, making the sideview battlers stop moving and...
  12. CombatJazz

Eval based on element rate

Oh that is much cleaner than my code, haha. Thank you! EDIT: It turns out there's a slight problem - if the attack misses, the state never gets added, and thus you can attack again. Any way to account for this, @Trihan ?
  13. CombatJazz

Solved it by ganking some code from elsewhere: <Custom Confirm Effect> if (this.isHpEffect() && value > 0) { var elements = this.getItemElements(); k = elements.length; for (var i = 0; i < k; ++i) { var elementId = elements[i]; if...
  14. CombatJazz

Hi, everyone. I think this one is pretty simple. I have a passive state on everyone that does a thing. If you hit a weakness or crit, it does another thing. Otherwise, it does not. I'd like if there were a way to have a "custom action end effect" (yanfly Buff/States Core) that checks if the...
  15. CombatJazz

QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Tried instead just having a resized 24x24 sprite sheet instead of using the sprite scaling to the same results, unfortunately. EDIT: I think what I'd need to do is have 36x24 sprites with 12 pixels of transparency to the left in order to offset it correctly, but making that is going to be a Pain.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to delay work on the Shadowstar Trilogy until we know more about MLP G5. And I've also decided to make "Attack on Equestria", the sequel, take place in the G5 world.
In case you're wondering, Shadowstar and the other Alicorn Guardians are immortal. They gave it up for some reason, I'm not spoiling why. But until G5 is out, I'll work on Magi in Ponyland instead.
We're Vtubers today! :D
treele.jpg
I've updated the background!
My first test playthrough of my game clocked in at 1 hour and 15 minutes. Once the opening and ending are properly implemented, I'd expect a blind playthrough to last around 2 hours.
This time introducing INDIVIDUAL terrain lights feature for upcoming MAJOR UPDATE for all of my MZ plugins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmbhmstr