Conflictx3
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• after 5 hours over 2 days i think i finally BALANCED my game! now before anyone goes "impossible, thats too quick", I should say majority of my game, being part 1 of a series, is quite linear w/ hard coded script battles. Only a few instances of player freedom to fight who and where you want, some might hate that but for me I think its essential for this part of my game. next battle motions and animations.
    :rtear:
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    @dreamfall887 yes I am! and thank you i'm going to prep a "developmental" trailer for it soon (started today) to show where its currently at. I work on the project as much as i can but with life responsiblities some days I feel like its NEVER going to be done but weeks like these i feel like i'm getting somewhere :ptea:
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    @KazukiT I 100% agree, i love a game with some freedom sure but most of my favorite JRPGs are laser focused on the storyline. as i don't read books for me this is the next best thing lol and best of luck on your series! lawd knows its not an easy road for us!
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I am somewhat the same. The ones that capture my attention is the story-focused ones.
    The lady's at work, the kids at daycare, and i took a week staycation from work, using these next few hours to work on something i've been putting off FOREVER.....battle balancing, battle motions and animations, smh....so far all the stats for the tutorial battles are complete, but that was easy, now gotta balance enemy range when players are able to play freely and equip gear :rtear:
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Oh battle balancing, its quite the fickle thing. A tiny little push up or down can drastically change the flow of battle.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Just do what most seem to do - assume the player will be max level by the end of the game, and give the final boss a stupidly bloated health pool. Works like a charm.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    As long as it doesn't have a million HP I would definitely try to face it.
    I just saw Demon Slayer: Mugen Train and I have to give it a solid 5/10. I know some would say thats harsh but it was a 2 hour movie and it didn't get good until the last 30-40 minutes.
    pohutukawa
    pohutukawa
    you watched the dub didn't you
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    @pohutukawa oh no sir I watched the sub I actually didn't even know there was a dub version of the film but I would've chosen subbed anyway
    what default plugin controls items and shop? idk if this is suppose to be a thread post i was just curious what default plugin controls them so I could take a peek at it.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Thank you for answering the question I did forget to mention it was MV but yes that default, RTP plugin you just mentioned is exactly the one!
    Trihan
    Trihan
    As ATT said, you want to look up Scene_Shop in rpg_scenes.js, or rpg_windows.js if you need to see the code for a particular window. What is it you're trying to take a peek at?
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please use the forums to ask for stuff about plugins and getting help with your game. The status feed is more for non-game-development stuff.
    After being told by loved ones for the last few months, lately I've been considering going back to school for a game development certificate, is anyone else on that journey? What schools (USA) do you recommend & most importantly, do certificates really help you get a job in the gaming field?
    frogs_r_cool
    frogs_r_cool
    Why do you want to make games for your day job? Do you want to make games of your own design?

You can make 6 figures in any part of the U.S. with a solid JavaScript background as a web dev--no formal school required (though you will have to work your ass off).

More money in less time means more freedom in the future to do whatever it is you really want to do.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Thankyou everyone for your input! to put it all in context, i'm considering going to school not necessarily to code, but to do story/narrative design. Thus why i'd rather not do a 4 year program bogged in several code principals, i know it sounds far fetched thus why i've been mulling it over.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Most programs i've seen only focus on story design for a single term/month. My passion is and always has been writing and having others connect with my subject matter so while Fallen Feather is my magnum opus, I'd love to make a career out of working on developing more stories regardless if their my sole intellectual property or not.
    my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.
    brain fried, please help, when i open the shop menu to sell items it lists Weapons, Armor & Key Items as seperate categories with items to sell, but those items in my game are not meant to be sold. thus i ask, how do i remove Weapon/Armor/Key Item categories from the sell menu?
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please ask for help in the forums, not on the status feed.
    So, as i finish setting up my items for part 1 of my game, I realized I forgot to finalize an ENTIRE category of items. Know which ones? The Fallen Feathers....BTW my game is called "Fallen Feather"
    PRODUCTIVE DAY! I think I FINALLY completed all the items for part 1 of Fallen Feather, that includes the animations, the stats, the pricing, etc. for weapons, armors, key and consumables! all i need to be 100% done is write a few more descriptions (only 10 left out of the 40+ items) and to find some nice pants icons (dont ask lol).
    Sheesh, Guys, don't think you can throw easy prices like $25/$50 on potions/ethers then have monsters pay you $75 for killing them (never understood that concept btw lol) and think it'll all work out!!! Just realized my prcies vs payout left my players unable to get decent stuff without some serious farming from the start, i'm about to call H&R Block to help my MC get his stimulus check just to buy new armor :LZSlol:
    Can anyone tell me what MV plugin allows you to do that clear-shockwave visual effect? I've seen a variation of it with fallen angel Olivia for battle effects but its strictly for guarding, but I've definitely seen it in other games being used both in and out of battle.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Please ask in the Plugin Requests forum.
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    I think you're describing a Pixi filter. Tsukimi Pixi Controller or MogHunter's Pixi Filters are plugins that let you use Pixi filters.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Yes! I think that's what it was called thank you! Gonna start Googling a for that, thank you!
    Biggest issue with Fallen Feather, Its a multipart story and instead of working on part 1 i keep working on ALL PARTS. my game will consist of just part 1 but i have the items for the entire game already laid out. its not a bad thing but its definitely slower and i want everything to connect seemlessly
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    You make the game in any order you want as long as it all gets down in the end. If your game is a multiple entries its somewhat important to foreshadow the larger elements so you can establish there is a world outside what you have introduced so far.
    BillyJack
    As long as you k ow the story ahead of time and its set in stone feel free tp write as it works for you. Going start to finish can cause writers block. While the first part might get done later what really matters is when its all done. This is a marathon not a sprint.
    i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll
    • Wow
    Reactions: zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ahh I've had unfortunate moments like that, hopefully all isn't lost in this case.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    UPDATE: She reached out! She had the file and new social media pages, I got the artwork back in my possession and backing up IMMEDIATELY! I sincerely appreciate your support bro bro!
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    awesome! glad to hear that!
    I really hope Google stadia/Amazon luna become successful household "consoles" in the future only because I could see it being 1000x easier to get RPG Maker and other indie games on their platforms & if so I PRAY they have gate keepers to keep half baked indie games out of the mix so they don't end up like steam/itch.io with 1000s of incomplete RM projects that continue to give our community a bad stigma.
    Just beat the last of us 2 last night and starting jedi: fallen order right now, both use unreal engine & when I say i knew 80% of jedi's buttons right away because they were the same buttons as TLOU2 its ridiculous, even the same narrow hallway crawl and barely-made-it jump they do. Unreal Engine is just big budget RPG Maker the way they make games nearly identical at its core lol.
    Dragon quest IX just released a definitive edition that has a 2D top-down RPG mode for the entire game, AKA you can play the entire game as if it was made for super Nintendo, i WISH i didn't already buy the original version or else I would get this version to get some ideas for my game and honestly the story was tooooo boring for me to play again. Hmm I'm sure somebody will do a lets play in 2D mode on YouTube.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxsampahxx