Conflictx3
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    I have played Ghost of Tsushima and am currently replaying it on New Game+. I really love that game. There's a lot of stuff to do in it, gameplay's good, scenery's amazeballs, story's great; just overall a very immersive experience. It took me about 69 hours to do and collect everything on Normal.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    From what I've heard about Miles Morales, it seems to be shorter than the first game. The game does look amazing and the story's good too (I watched an LP). The LPer in question said the gameplay was an improvement on the first game.
    I haven't played or watched an LP of Fallen Order, so I can't comment on that. You could always watch an LP of the first 30 minutes/hour and decide what you like best.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    thank ya'll for the awesome advice!
    Been hard at work in photoshop working with MOG scripts for main menu & victory result screens, might do all my maps and Npc chatter this week too!
    Hey whats a TRULY epic RPG out right now thats really good STORY wise I recently bought tales of vesperia because I ALWAYS wanted to play it and heard it was great but im 4 hours in and its very vanilla....I also am at the end of ff7-R, being on bed rest i was hoping to play something really inspiring and make me feel like a 12 year old again.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Tales games' stories tend to start out really cliched, and usually they start to feel a more worthy sense of purpose maybe 10-20 hours in. But you mostly play them for the great gameplay and super-likable characters, moreso than the plot per se.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Two RPGs I might recommend for awesome stories are Trails in the Sky (just be aware the first several hours of this game suck, but it gets better and better as you go, to the point where you feel like such a big damn hero), and Persona 4 (which is not exactly an epic story per se but an amazingly well-done, quieter and smaller-scale story).
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    i didnt know that about tales of ohhhhhhh thank you! i'll check out trails in the sky and i personally LOVED persona 4 so they says our tastes are similar, thank you!
    apologies fir those who were following my posts, i was in the hospital for 6 days but they discharged me 2 days ago, just in time for my birthday yesterday! i'm still covid positive but i'm feeling much better and currently on meds, game making will be slow till i fully recover but i hope to be a *little* productive even tho everyone is telling me to just veg' infront of the TV and take it easy lol
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Very good news to hear you were able to come home!! I'm happy you're feeling better. Just keep giving yourself good care (and make sure you don't spread it to anyone else in your home!), and stay on top of how you're feeling - sometimes it gets better and then gets worse again, and...
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    ...if that's the case and you're having trouble breathing, don't be shy about going straight back to the hospital. Hopefully, though, you'll have this behind you in several days!
    As requested I might keep a daily update of my condition here, I'd rather not do social media and have every family member and childhood friend texting me, I was admitted into the hospital and will begin a 4 day treatment im feeling much better all things considered but for my family's sake I pray I recover soon.
    Currently laid up in an emergency room with Covid......had it for about a week now and its really a butt kicker please stay safe all its no joke
    I have a funny feeling that something is bubbling up in our community, the next wave of RPG Maker games that will release over the next few years are going to shake up how people view RPG Maker and I can't wait.
    Damn you, Genshin Impact!, got me rethinking how I to approach my project in every aspect.
    Final fantasy 7 remake finally released this year and months later we have the largest asteroid to date headed towards earth. If thats not good marketing idk what is.
    • Haha
    Reactions: KakonComp
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Someone go find the white materia, quick!
    Dororo
    Dororo
    A marketing for the asteroid, apparently.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Will we get to see the next few parts of the remake? Who is advertising who indeed.
    thats it, i 've had it, I will NOT promote my game as a "retro RPG" when its done, i have in the past but it is literally the first thing on every rpg maker game description to the point that you'd think the sales pitch came with the RTP. I refuse to use that angle.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    anyone that says "retro rpg" as a gameplay style and not as a visual style is just an idiot.
    should be listing Turn Based, Active Battle, Action, Survival, or Horror
    RCXDan
    RCXDan
    I'd much rather classify my games based on what you can expect from them, aka. Action-adventure RPGs.

"Retro RPG" tends to imply you're also adopting the flaws that came with older games as a form of tradition which I don't like. Modern times call for modern solutions.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I am just like @cthulhusquid, I didn't really get into RPGs until the Gamecube era. My first RPG that stuck to my memory is Baten Kaitos Origins. So I borrow elements I played from that and games I have played recently.
    Went into best buy for a decent quality keyboard....walked out with over $300 in computer accessories. And bought some shares of apple. The devil is debt lmao.
    Ok, its time to face my fears!!!! *deep breath*....can someone please point me in the direction of where to learn how to use parameters and balance my game?? I want to know how to properly scale my monsters to my party, small number stats, etc.....the boring stuff
    Reactions: dreamfall887
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Thank you guys! i honestly bought DQ9 as a game to play for research and now that you guys mention it i'm going to start playing it and studying the combat in depth!
    Dororo
    Dororo
    You can find and download billion of walkthroughs online that also list stats for PC and NPC, level progression, combat system mechanics in great detail, and so on. Cheaper than purchase all games!
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    @Dororo thats freaking ingenious I use to LIVE on gamefaqs that had 100s of guides that laid out stats i didn't even THINK of using that as a resource, THANK YOU!
    Reactions: Dororo
    12+ years of experience with rpg maker and I just now noticed the shadow pen. I never ever look to the right of the square/circle tiling tool lmfao
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I found the shadow pen by looking to see if the shadows could be added/removed while mapping Otherwise I probably wouldn't have fiddled with it yet.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    didn't miss much tbh :p
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, you're not missing much. It's not very good, in my opinion. I usually look for scripts that disable autoshadows. lol. There's quite a few realy nice shadow tiles out there (one even came with that Trinity pack) which look way better than the standard shadows.
    I didn't follow MZ release very closely, just to clarify, MZ and MV use the same sprites and battler set up?? I might buy MZ just to use MZ resources in MV lol my projec too far along to port over and I have 0 interest in effekseer personally
    Reactions: kaukusaki
    jkweath
    jkweath
    Yep, same sprites and setup. You can even copy your data files directly from MV to MZ without any issues.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Awesome! Good to know! I also wanna peek T their battle backs!
    My biggest hype for MZ is that it'll pull in some new users who will eventually make it to this site and join its community, the bigger and stronger our group is the better!
    I didn't think i'd really do it....but i did it....32 new NPCs generated giving me a total of about 115+ NPCs completed. all made one....by...one for specific lore reasons. placed 50+ of them where they belong on map. it is 2 am, i have work early tomorrow, brain hurts, eyes hurt, gooood night!
    Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_3 and People3_4 added!

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olixproductions