Conflictx3
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Final fantasy 7 remake finally released this year and months later we have the largest asteroid to date headed towards earth. If thats not good marketing idk what is.
    • Haha
    Reactions: KakonComp
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Someone go find the white materia, quick!
    Dororo
    Dororo
    A marketing for the asteroid, apparently.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Will we get to see the next few parts of the remake? Who is advertising who indeed.
    thats it, i 've had it, I will NOT promote my game as a "retro RPG" when its done, i have in the past but it is literally the first thing on every rpg maker game description to the point that you'd think the sales pitch came with the RTP. I refuse to use that angle.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    anyone that says "retro rpg" as a gameplay style and not as a visual style is just an idiot.
    should be listing Turn Based, Active Battle, Action, Survival, or Horror
    RCXDan
    RCXDan
    I'd much rather classify my games based on what you can expect from them, aka. Action-adventure RPGs.

"Retro RPG" tends to imply you're also adopting the flaws that came with older games as a form of tradition which I don't like. Modern times call for modern solutions.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I am just like @cthulhusquid, I didn't really get into RPGs until the Gamecube era. My first RPG that stuck to my memory is Baten Kaitos Origins. So I borrow elements I played from that and games I have played recently.
    Went into best buy for a decent quality keyboard....walked out with over $300 in computer accessories. And bought some shares of apple. The devil is debt lmao.
    Ok, its time to face my fears!!!! *deep breath*....can someone please point me in the direction of where to learn how to use parameters and balance my game?? I want to know how to properly scale my monsters to my party, small number stats, etc.....the boring stuff
    Reactions: dreamfall887
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Thank you guys! i honestly bought DQ9 as a game to play for research and now that you guys mention it i'm going to start playing it and studying the combat in depth!
    Dororo
    Dororo
    You can find and download billion of walkthroughs online that also list stats for PC and NPC, level progression, combat system mechanics in great detail, and so on. Cheaper than purchase all games!
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    @Dororo thats freaking ingenious I use to LIVE on gamefaqs that had 100s of guides that laid out stats i didn't even THINK of using that as a resource, THANK YOU!
    Reactions: Dororo
    12+ years of experience with rpg maker and I just now noticed the shadow pen. I never ever look to the right of the square/circle tiling tool lmfao
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I found the shadow pen by looking to see if the shadows could be added/removed while mapping Otherwise I probably wouldn't have fiddled with it yet.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    didn't miss much tbh :p
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, you're not missing much. It's not very good, in my opinion. I usually look for scripts that disable autoshadows. lol. There's quite a few realy nice shadow tiles out there (one even came with that Trinity pack) which look way better than the standard shadows.
    I didn't follow MZ release very closely, just to clarify, MZ and MV use the same sprites and battler set up?? I might buy MZ just to use MZ resources in MV lol my projec too far along to port over and I have 0 interest in effekseer personally
    Reactions: kaukusaki
    jkweath
    jkweath
    Yep, same sprites and setup. You can even copy your data files directly from MV to MZ without any issues.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Awesome! Good to know! I also wanna peek T their battle backs!
    My biggest hype for MZ is that it'll pull in some new users who will eventually make it to this site and join its community, the bigger and stronger our group is the better!
    I didn't think i'd really do it....but i did it....32 new NPCs generated giving me a total of about 115+ NPCs completed. all made one....by...one for specific lore reasons. placed 50+ of them where they belong on map. it is 2 am, i have work early tomorrow, brain hurts, eyes hurt, gooood night!
    Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
    Worst nightmare this morning, tried to get 20 minutes of work done on my project before heading to work and got hit with a POWER SURGE. Restarted my computer and the project was CORRUPTED, luckily I made a back up a few days ago so I only lost 4 days of work but still
    So i just googled for RMMV generator parts......and, on the first page, google listed a link to a thread on this forum.......that was made by ME on 8/19/18 when i first popped up here lmfao 2 years later and i'm still gathering parts for the generator XD
    I think, similar to rmn, there should be a list here of top 10 completed games and top 10 most anticipated, doesn't have to be extra detailed but I think it'd be nice to strive for a slot on the chart! And for fairness the projects listed have to be announced/released for that year!
    Reactions: RainbowGrenade
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I think @TheoAllen makes some good points about the fairness and playing favorites. At the same time putting games on these lists could give them exposure. Maybe, instead of a ranked list you could do a showcase much like how the youtube channel Askgamedev does it:
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Their list are in no particular order, they just have games on the list that really catch their interest.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    @KazukiT I'm not opposed to that idea at all!
    I think I'm going to turn TDDU into a mini game series, I thought of a great premise that could fit the TDDU theme with minimal work, might try and make "Till Death Do Us 2" a late 2020, early 2021 side project!
    I swear hine sprites by @hiddenone are some of the most detailed, original and beautiful sprites available for MV and i've yet to see a project use them, next time there is a contest i'm going to exclusively use them to the best of my ability.
    I couldn't resist, I'm not much of a mapper so I'm really proud of the town i've been working on these past 2 weeks, my overzealous MC outside his home just moments before his Aunt has some CHOICE words for him still a WIP:
    Have alot of moving parts rights now but I'm excited to say Fallen Feather is transitioning into phase 2 of production soon and once I get a few things in a row I can't wait to update my games in development thread!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm hoping to get a call October 1. They should be fully open by then.

With this, all demo dungeon graphics are done.
Eventually I need to make animations...send help.
OcRam demo project is now available at https://ocram-codes.net !!!
mzBaseBody.png added!

Ami
--- Mushroom ---

F.Knight: We runs out the food!
Hero: Anything could eat in this place?
F.Archer: It's a bunch of Mushroom over there. I wonder it's safe to eat.
F.Knight: No worries,we have to fill our inside no matter what it is.
(Hero & F.Knight Eat The Mushroom,After 10 Seconds They Collapse With Foam)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REEEEEOOOOOOOOO