Conflictx3
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Biggest issue with Fallen Feather, Its a multipart story and instead of working on part 1 i keep working on ALL PARTS. my game will consist of just part 1 but i have the items for the entire game already laid out. its not a bad thing but its definitely slower and i want everything to connect seemlessly
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    You make the game in any order you want as long as it all gets down in the end. If your game is a multiple entries its somewhat important to foreshadow the larger elements so you can establish there is a world outside what you have introduced so far.
    BillyJack
    As long as you k ow the story ahead of time and its set in stone feel free tp write as it works for you. Going start to finish can cause writers block. While the first part might get done later what really matters is when its all done. This is a marathon not a sprint.
    i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll
    • Wow
    Reactions: zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ahh I've had unfortunate moments like that, hopefully all isn't lost in this case.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    UPDATE: She reached out! She had the file and new social media pages, I got the artwork back in my possession and backing up IMMEDIATELY! I sincerely appreciate your support bro bro!
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    awesome! glad to hear that!
    I really hope Google stadia/Amazon luna become successful household "consoles" in the future only because I could see it being 1000x easier to get RPG Maker and other indie games on their platforms & if so I PRAY they have gate keepers to keep half baked indie games out of the mix so they don't end up like steam/itch.io with 1000s of incomplete RM projects that continue to give our community a bad stigma.
    Just beat the last of us 2 last night and starting jedi: fallen order right now, both use unreal engine & when I say i knew 80% of jedi's buttons right away because they were the same buttons as TLOU2 its ridiculous, even the same narrow hallway crawl and barely-made-it jump they do. Unreal Engine is just big budget RPG Maker the way they make games nearly identical at its core lol.
    Dragon quest IX just released a definitive edition that has a 2D top-down RPG mode for the entire game, AKA you can play the entire game as if it was made for super Nintendo, i WISH i didn't already buy the original version or else I would get this version to get some ideas for my game and honestly the story was tooooo boring for me to play again. Hmm I'm sure somebody will do a lets play in 2D mode on YouTube.
    Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    I have played Ghost of Tsushima and am currently replaying it on New Game+. I really love that game. There's a lot of stuff to do in it, gameplay's good, scenery's amazeballs, story's great; just overall a very immersive experience. It took me about 69 hours to do and collect everything on Normal.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    From what I've heard about Miles Morales, it seems to be shorter than the first game. The game does look amazing and the story's good too (I watched an LP). The LPer in question said the gameplay was an improvement on the first game.
    I haven't played or watched an LP of Fallen Order, so I can't comment on that. You could always watch an LP of the first 30 minutes/hour and decide what you like best.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    thank ya'll for the awesome advice!
    Been hard at work in photoshop working with MOG scripts for main menu & victory result screens, might do all my maps and Npc chatter this week too!
    Hey whats a TRULY epic RPG out right now thats really good STORY wise I recently bought tales of vesperia because I ALWAYS wanted to play it and heard it was great but im 4 hours in and its very vanilla....I also am at the end of ff7-R, being on bed rest i was hoping to play something really inspiring and make me feel like a 12 year old again.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Tales games' stories tend to start out really cliched, and usually they start to feel a more worthy sense of purpose maybe 10-20 hours in. But you mostly play them for the great gameplay and super-likable characters, moreso than the plot per se.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Two RPGs I might recommend for awesome stories are Trails in the Sky (just be aware the first several hours of this game suck, but it gets better and better as you go, to the point where you feel like such a big damn hero), and Persona 4 (which is not exactly an epic story per se but an amazingly well-done, quieter and smaller-scale story).
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    i didnt know that about tales of ohhhhhhh thank you! i'll check out trails in the sky and i personally LOVED persona 4 so they says our tastes are similar, thank you!
    apologies fir those who were following my posts, i was in the hospital for 6 days but they discharged me 2 days ago, just in time for my birthday yesterday! i'm still covid positive but i'm feeling much better and currently on meds, game making will be slow till i fully recover but i hope to be a *little* productive even tho everyone is telling me to just veg' infront of the TV and take it easy lol
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Very good news to hear you were able to come home!! I'm happy you're feeling better. Just keep giving yourself good care (and make sure you don't spread it to anyone else in your home!), and stay on top of how you're feeling - sometimes it gets better and then gets worse again, and...
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    ...if that's the case and you're having trouble breathing, don't be shy about going straight back to the hospital. Hopefully, though, you'll have this behind you in several days!
    As requested I might keep a daily update of my condition here, I'd rather not do social media and have every family member and childhood friend texting me, I was admitted into the hospital and will begin a 4 day treatment im feeling much better all things considered but for my family's sake I pray I recover soon.
    Currently laid up in an emergency room with Covid......had it for about a week now and its really a butt kicker please stay safe all its no joke
    I have a funny feeling that something is bubbling up in our community, the next wave of RPG Maker games that will release over the next few years are going to shake up how people view RPG Maker and I can't wait.
    Damn you, Genshin Impact!, got me rethinking how I to approach my project in every aspect.
    Final fantasy 7 remake finally released this year and months later we have the largest asteroid to date headed towards earth. If thats not good marketing idk what is.
    • Haha
    Reactions: KakonComp
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Someone go find the white materia, quick!
    Dororo
    Dororo
    A marketing for the asteroid, apparently.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Will we get to see the next few parts of the remake? Who is advertising who indeed.
    thats it, i 've had it, I will NOT promote my game as a "retro RPG" when its done, i have in the past but it is literally the first thing on every rpg maker game description to the point that you'd think the sales pitch came with the RTP. I refuse to use that angle.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    anyone that says "retro rpg" as a gameplay style and not as a visual style is just an idiot.
    should be listing Turn Based, Active Battle, Action, Survival, or Horror
    RCXDan
    RCXDan
    I'd much rather classify my games based on what you can expect from them, aka. Action-adventure RPGs.

"Retro RPG" tends to imply you're also adopting the flaws that came with older games as a form of tradition which I don't like. Modern times call for modern solutions.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I am just like @cthulhusquid, I didn't really get into RPGs until the Gamecube era. My first RPG that stuck to my memory is Baten Kaitos Origins. So I borrow elements I played from that and games I have played recently.
    Went into best buy for a decent quality keyboard....walked out with over $300 in computer accessories. And bought some shares of apple. The devil is debt lmao.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiniM00ni