CraneSoft
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• ...So RPGMaker deletes your save file when it fails to save for any reason...that's a pretty messed up function right there.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    The best way would be to have a temporary save file, have it tested by the engine and if okay, then it replaces the intended slot.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    @gstv87 the rescue function in RGSS3 is explicitly delete the file. Not the other way.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    There IS a failsafe - it buzzes. Removing the failsafe would just cause your game to crash.
    Me: *Plays Game*
    Me: *Sees an ATM machine* Pog
    Game Message: This is an ATM.
    Me: Oi let me withdraw my mone- wait what do you mean I don't have a bank account?!
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Clearly, you need the Bank Card key item. And to beat up some urban critters and neighborhood rowdies, so your dad can toss you allowance from his workplace.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I mean, your protagonist started the game with 0 Gold, of course he doesn't have a bank account! ;)
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Maybe that's the real reason why modern settings protags are all high-school students with missing parents. :troll:
    One thing I never understand in (some) RPGs, everyone starts out with 0 Gold or pocket change.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I actually did try starting the player off with a significant budget in one game, and a lot of players made this mistake! For the remake of that game, I am going to start the player off with much, much less, so that I don't have to balance the early parts of the game around the assumption that the player will spend their money wisely before they really understand how the game works.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Yes I am aware this is one of those acceptable breaks from reality, but from a storytelling standpoint as it is hard to justify why some protagonists with high social status (royalty, high-ranking soldier etc) don't have any starting money/savings like they are born yesterday. Games usually avoid such subject for good reason, but part of me wants an explanation of why they don't have starting money.
    Countyoungblood
    Countyoungblood
    With as many people living paycheck to paycheck its kind of par but without goblins to slay for gold...
    Now gotta remake my whole menu UI and battle system because of a change of TOS by the script writer, such is life.
    Man...I thought I hated item crafting... (Proceeding to spend 20+ hours gathering materials and crafting in Atelier)
    Trying to sell a game with promises of a "unique story" as a nobody is akin to passing pamphlets to random people on the streets.
    I am starting to worry that VXA may become obsolete by the time I could finish my project ...sigh long development times Pepega.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Well considering people still release things made with 2000 and 2003 and XP, I'd say not worry about it.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Just anxiety caused by work stress as usual (heh), the only saving grace is that most people's PCs are still not optimal enough to run MV, although the shift is definitely happening across the years as more and more long-time devs who started with VX has started to migrate to them.
    And I'm convinced yet again that art > everything in the gaming world. Why? Just look at Ryza.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    You are right that it is definitely not foolproof but statistics do show that art have the greatest impact when it comes to affecting sales directly.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Maybe at first, but many games have had good art but bad gameplay which impacts game #2 as the audience is now like nope, you fooled me once with your art. Not again.

Long term, gameplay will win more over than art though. But you're more dependent on word of mouth. To the Moon wasn't an instant hit after all.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Yes, art "baiting" is actually a real issue in the R18 industry, so I'm assuming if a game in question have at least acceptable gameplay and is not just trying to sell with art alone. After all, the market right now is completely different from back then where you can get away with mediocre art, not anymore since word of mouth are now much more difficult to achieve.
    The first warning sign of a game that's going to be turd: 95% base hit accuracy and enemy 5% base eva. Without scripts.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Aka about a 90.25% actual to hit (95% * 95%).
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    And then proceed to miss 2 out of 3 attacks. (which happened more than I'd like to admit)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Like we said in another status, 1 in 100 chance to miss, miss 3 in a row. 1 in 100 chance for a loot drop, you'll get it next Tuesday, maybe.
    Sometimes I wonder why RPGmaker even allows 100 picture IDs but you can't display more than 15 of them without frame drops in your game.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh! I have a headache coming on--not sure if it's from the sudden change in weather or caffeine withdraw...only one way to fi d out--Coffee time!
Found this old picture in the plastic case with my medical documents. I don't remember who this character is (I draw a lot of original characters and forgot about them very soon), but I like the design, may be I'll add guy in my game.

reading what makes plugins tick, so you can use other plugins to trigger said plugin... setup up Luna MV to have my own custom ATB Gauges from Yanfly's ATB. cool
It's Easter on Monday. Anybody got any Easter quarantine eggs? It'll also be my birthday, I'll be 31.
Sometimes I feel like I'm using plugins feature the wrong way. But as long as it works tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsume