CraneSoft
Last Activity:
Dec 8, 2019 at 5:43 PM

Share This Page

CraneSoft

Filthy Degenerate

Veteran

Man...I thought I hated item crafting... (Proceeding to spend 20+ hours gathering materials and crafting in Atelier) Nov 26, 2019

CraneSoft was last seen:
Viewing thread, Dec 8, 2019 at 5:43 PM
    1. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      Man...I thought I hated item crafting... (Proceeding to spend 20+ hours gathering materials and crafting in Atelier)
    2. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      Trying to sell a game with promises of a "unique story" as a nobody is akin to passing pamphlets to random people on the streets.
    3. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      I am starting to worry that VXA may become obsolete by the time I could finish my project ...sigh long development times Pepega.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Well considering people still release things made with 2000 and 2003 and XP, I'd say not worry about it.
        Nov 13, 2019
        Finnuval, RoooodWorks and PixelHeart like this.
      2. CraneSoft
        CraneSoft
        Just anxiety caused by work stress as usual (heh), the only saving grace is that most people's PCs are still not optimal enough to run MV, although the shift is definitely happening across the years as more and more long-time devs who started with VX has started to migrate to them.
        Nov 14, 2019
    4. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      And I'm convinced yet again that art > everything in the gaming world. Why? Just look at Ryza.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. CraneSoft
        CraneSoft
        You are right that it is definitely not foolproof but statistics do show that art have the greatest impact when it comes to affecting sales directly.
        Nov 12, 2019
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Maybe at first, but many games have had good art but bad gameplay which impacts game #2 as the audience is now like nope, you fooled me once with your art. Not again.

Long term, gameplay will win more over than art though. But you're more dependent on word of mouth. To the Moon wasn't an instant hit after all.
        Nov 13, 2019
      4. CraneSoft
        CraneSoft
        Yes, art "baiting" is actually a real issue in the R18 industry, so I'm assuming if a game in question have at least acceptable gameplay and is not just trying to sell with art alone. After all, the market right now is completely different from back then where you can get away with mediocre art, not anymore since word of mouth are now much more difficult to achieve.
        Nov 13, 2019
    5. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      Ahh it's Persona 5 Royal day, time for researchhhh~
      1. Windows i7 and Finnuval like this.
    6. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      The first warning sign of a game that's going to be turd: 95% base hit accuracy and enemy 5% base eva. Without scripts.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Aka about a 90.25% actual to hit (95% * 95%).
        Oct 30, 2019
      2. CraneSoft
        CraneSoft
        And then proceed to miss 2 out of 3 attacks. (which happened more than I'd like to admit)
        Oct 30, 2019
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Like we said in another status, 1 in 100 chance to miss, miss 3 in a row. 1 in 100 chance for a loot drop, you'll get it next Tuesday, maybe.
        Oct 30, 2019
    7. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      The feeling when that random NPC you meet only once at the very beginning turns out to be the bad guy. Wished more games would do that.
    8. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      I'm starting to think TVTropes are like cocaine, you know it's bad but sometimes you just can't stop yourself...
      1. mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
    9. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      The one thing I'm always wondered but could never find the answer - how much of your player base actually finishes your game?
    10. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      Sometimes I wonder why RPGmaker even allows 100 picture IDs but you can't display more than 15 of them without frame drops in your game.
    11. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      Law enforcement in games who can't do anything against the baddies but can cough up invulnerable mooks just for the hero are always amusing.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
    12. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      Tfw you have unfinished business but you didn't had the time to open RPGMaker. #RealLifeIsFun
    13. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      Working on a fast travel system...and boy this is much more work than I thought... I'm off to creating 200 extra switches to manage them.
    14. CraneSoft
      CraneSoft
      Tfw you come across all sorts of ideas and take notes when you are at work but forgot about them all when you get home.
  • About

About Me:
    Just some degen game dev.
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interests:
    Casual talk with fellow degen devs