CraneSoft
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Man...I thought I hated item crafting... (Proceeding to spend 20+ hours gathering materials and crafting in Atelier)
    Trying to sell a game with promises of a "unique story" as a nobody is akin to passing pamphlets to random people on the streets.
    I am starting to worry that VXA may become obsolete by the time I could finish my project ...sigh long development times Pepega.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Well considering people still release things made with 2000 and 2003 and XP, I'd say not worry about it.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Just anxiety caused by work stress as usual (heh), the only saving grace is that most people's PCs are still not optimal enough to run MV, although the shift is definitely happening across the years as more and more long-time devs who started with VX has started to migrate to them.
    And I'm convinced yet again that art > everything in the gaming world. Why? Just look at Ryza.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    You are right that it is definitely not foolproof but statistics do show that art have the greatest impact when it comes to affecting sales directly.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Maybe at first, but many games have had good art but bad gameplay which impacts game #2 as the audience is now like nope, you fooled me once with your art. Not again.

Long term, gameplay will win more over than art though. But you're more dependent on word of mouth. To the Moon wasn't an instant hit after all.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Yes, art "baiting" is actually a real issue in the R18 industry, so I'm assuming if a game in question have at least acceptable gameplay and is not just trying to sell with art alone. After all, the market right now is completely different from back then where you can get away with mediocre art, not anymore since word of mouth are now much more difficult to achieve.
    The first warning sign of a game that's going to be turd: 95% base hit accuracy and enemy 5% base eva. Without scripts.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Aka about a 90.25% actual to hit (95% * 95%).
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    And then proceed to miss 2 out of 3 attacks. (which happened more than I'd like to admit)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Like we said in another status, 1 in 100 chance to miss, miss 3 in a row. 1 in 100 chance for a loot drop, you'll get it next Tuesday, maybe.
    Sometimes I wonder why RPGmaker even allows 100 picture IDs but you can't display more than 15 of them without frame drops in your game.
    Law enforcement in games who can't do anything against the baddies but can cough up invulnerable mooks just for the hero are always amusing.
    Tfw you have unfinished business but you didn't had the time to open RPGMaker. #RealLifeIsFun
    Working on a fast travel system...and boy this is much more work than I thought... I'm off to creating 200 extra switches to manage them.
    Tfw you come across all sorts of ideas and take notes when you are at work but forgot about them all when you get home.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The three if us sat to watch "The day India Burned" to take notes. 10 minutes in, one went to sleep. I wanted to finish it but I couldn't stop tearing up (yawning makes me cry) so after 40 minutes I gave up. But now I'm not sleepy anymore :0
OH... OKAY... Well, VX Ace certainly never did THAT before. :mad:
Been busy with non-RM stuff, can't wait to get back into making a game.
i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegima