CraneSoft
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So I have been wondering, if a scientist had to fight mano-a-mano, what kind of weapon he could use besides guns, injecting himself with Super Drug X, and piloting Mecha 13th?
    ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    Just have a scientist-samurai hybrid with a plasma katana and drone companions.
    He also has a mechanical eye with which he can view his drone-feed and cast magic. :kaopride:

Ok I think that was my 8th-grader syndrome kicking in again, sorry :kaophew:
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Thanks for the great examples guys. :kaopride:never expected that much feedback (lol) I actually had scientist-esque skillsets already mapped out but had one particular phase where ...he fights like a normal instead of a scientist so had a problem deciding the weapon of choice rather than the skills.:kaoswt2:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @CraneSoft How do you fight like a scientist? Do scientists use science in fights like a magician uses magic? Imagine trying to rob a scientist, and they turn around, quickly mutter some incomprehensible mathematical formula, then you find yourself being quantum tunnelled to some random place in the universe. xD
    Sometimes I just think.... we all had eighth-grade syndrome, only difference is in the severity. :kaopride:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It's kinda like how some people seem to think you're single if you don't state you're in a relationship, and the type of relationship you're in, on your FB profile. Couldn't just be because you couldn't be bothered, or didn't want to update it, it's because you're single.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I honestly wouldn't know what people think that or not. I actually don't read people's posts on social media. Here's the weird exception as I don't really count it. But on FB I just unfollow everybody and stay friends so I can ignore them but pretend like I care. :LZSexcite: Otherwise I have to be mentioned in a post to respond. :LZSwink:
    Hisao Shou
    Hisao Shou
    I still have it and I'm over 20.
    You know you have made your game too complicated when you as the developer have to constantly question your own design choices.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    YEP.
    RainbowGrenade
    RainbowGrenade
    When I start questioning my design, I start cutting things out. I have a habit of overcomplicating and overexplaining. I try to make a point to keep things as simple (or optional) as possible.
    Rayhaku808
    Rayhaku808
    My problem is the opposite. My brain can't handle complex systems but my friends can, so when I'm having trouble with my own systems I have them try it out to see if it makes sense for them Pepega
    I have always wondered why you have to pay real-life currency (more specifically in japanese yen) to fuse personas in persona games, what are the Velvet Room residents are even going to do with that money? :kaoswt2:
    Ngl. I actually lack the brain processing power to catch on topics that starts using mathematics. :kaoswt2:
    caethyril
    caethyril
    Like anything else, it can take a lot of practice to get good/quick at it, especially if it's not your natural way of thinking. Depending on the level of maths involved, it may help to try to "think slow": you generally want to catch every detail and avoid reading between the lines. :kaothx:
    Mfw struggling with character archetypes because haven't been watching any anime for years.:kaoeh:
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    I used to think like that but realized it's easier said than done.
    RCXDan
    RCXDan
    I know the feeling. A lot of my character writing is based on people I know, but sometimes it's just fun to work with tropes and dunk the really egregious ones.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    @RCXDan Modern tropes looked like no-brainers at first glance but upon close inspection they tend to have more depth than you'd like to think, so yeah. :kaoblush:
    Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
    Concept > Uniqueness. Would love to see discussions and inspirations that has nothing to do with battle mechanics for once.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Jokes on you, there are several discussion that does not revolve around battle mechanic already. Except if you expect something like a story, which, falls into the realm of spoilers.
    Kes
    Kes
    That sort of discussion might (depending on how you want to approach it) be a thread for General Discussion. If it just for your own, specific project, then Game Ideas and Prototypes.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    It was meant as a (kinda hyperbole) joke though. :p I could have excluded the discussion part since I mostly just lurk for mechanics (So story and general discussion don't really count) and...noticed most of them are just dungeon topics/something directly/indirectly related to battles, haha.
    Random thought: Looks like putting in effort in learning a language is like a taboo for most people. :kaoswt2:
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    ah okay, well let's just say that it got 'lost in translation' then :p
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Taboo for who? I know more bilingual people than I know people who aren't personally.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    People use Google Translate on the forum here to ask their questions when they don't understand English. It usually does a passable job - you can understand what they're needing help with. I think it's better to use something that gets you part way there, than nothing at all.
    Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Eh, I don't know if you've seen my most recent YouTube video of my game's progress... But I'm 100% certain nobody will think it's a RM game. :LZSwink: The whole scenario really showed me how much graphics mattered to people though. Some of those same people have seen my game now and think it's cool... But only the graphics changed, it's still the same gameplay. :kaoswt:
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Ahh those Eclipse-inspired maps, it looks way more impressive than just "not looking like RM" :LZSexcite: and as an artist myself I can see the passion and blood and tears work that went into it. Not saying it's ideal for everyone, but definitely worth it in the long run for those willing to go to that extra length. Keep up the great work. :kaoblush:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Thanks! I er.. I might have went a bit overboard in my zealous quest to not look like RM. :LZSangel: I can't wait to show people the newer version, I remade everything in PIXI particles... What an amazing artistic medium! I had no idea such a thing existed. Reminds me of blowing and shaping smoke. You can blow any shape, and then the shape can shift in ways that a normal graphic never could. :LZSexcite:
    I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    I thought I was bad with ppl then I found this forum and suddenly ppl like me... Internet sure is a weird place xD
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    @Finnuval I used to think the Internet itself is just a gathering ground for the socially awkward but then you see a lot more where "bad" is a major understatement. :kaoswt2:
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    The good thing about the internet is, you can carefully plan your words or don't get awkward silence if you're not responding to the (group) chat right away. Meanwhile irl, you have an "Uh-oh, I mean ..." moment.
    Tfw everyone is trying their hardest to brainstorm about unique ideas and game mechanics, here I am just going: "How am I gonna event conversations with busts" everyday. :kaoswt2:
    fluffymonster
    fluffymonster
    Everyone: Now to make some more interesting, intricate gameplay and story
    Me: Now for an excuse to add a pet lmao
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    best part : you're prolly making more progress then them xD
    Kes
    Kes
    Sometimes (not always) those long, convoluted discussions about obscure nuances results in never actually starting. Sometimes (not always) those super-duper, whizz-bang mechanics you spent 2 years designing leave players cold because the rest of the game was neglected. e.g. you never bothered learning to map decently, or write a compelling story with interesting characters. So I wouldn't worry if I were you.
    Felt like I dodged a bomb, my project was fine right after I force resetted due to a crash as I have yet to start working on it today..... :kaoback:
    Kes
    Kes
    In order to dodge future bombs - do you have regular backups?
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    I do keep weekly backups (or immediate backup if I did a lot of work on a particular day), doesn't make it any less scary considering all the horror stories I've heard though.
    Preference and nitpicking are funny in the sense the very same thing can be either due to viewpoint differences. :kaoswt2:
    Player: Game is too easy and badly balanced I beat every boss in a few hits.
    Player: *Raises difficulty*
    Player: *Gets immediately slammed to the ground*
    Player: Game ****in' succs.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Doesn't change my question. Difficulty, or artificial difficulty? Does the raised difficulty improve the AI behavior, or is it just beefy stats?
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    No idea about AI behavior other than the beefy stats are very noticeable, so it is artificial on paper, but it's also possible to make yourself so overpowered to the point there's zero ground for balance anyways.
    mylafter
    mylafter
    Kingdom Hearts 3 in a nutshell.
    Hard Mode is a walk in the park but Critical Mode got me punching the air.
    YES! New Igavania! Hopefully it will more challenging than the last. :kaoblush:
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    It's a sequel to Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Far as I know, that one could end up on par with Castlevania 3 in difficulty. I expect CotM 2 to be similar.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    The original CotM is nowhere as hard as Castlevania 3 with how it handles its extra lives, having better characters and not dying in 4 hits in the later stages (unless you deliberately avoid recruiting them which to me is artificial difficulty), so hoping the sequel could improve on that.
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    That's why I said it could reach that level as far as I knew. Still haven't played it yet.
    Following the footsteps of an old successful title is an easy recipe of disaster, as what's considered top quality 5 years ago are now the norm nowadays. You gotta put it at least twice the effort to expect the same results.
    Dev: *Introducing OP supervillain at Prologue ready to kill MC*
    Player: Ok but isn't it too earl-
    Dev: Playable it is then.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just a heads-up that Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript might be a bit slow for now while I'm on the team porting the YEP plugins to VisuStella's MZ suite.
So I managed to build a teleport skill. You can see the progression in the development topic
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/in-dev-multi-hit-target-selection.125049/

Here's how it looks:

But the real question is, can I pull off FF8?

I love these little slime battlers. Really wish I could find more animated ones :'(
The curse of retail: you get ideas, you want to make something with those ideas, but because you're always at friggin' work you can't actually do anything with them.
Quexp wrote on lumimae's profile.
Welcome! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dealdeg