Recent content by CraneSoft

1. CraneSoft

Trailers: What kind of trailer do you like?

It depends on the media and the focus of said media, if a game is a visual novel/social-game that doesn't have much gameplay, then I'm fine with just cinematics, otherwise, I would like to see a fair balance of both.
  2. CraneSoft

The right kind of creativity is adding your flavoring and layering on tested and proven tropes...

The right kind of creativity is adding your flavoring and layering on tested and proven tropes, not tearing them down and rebuild things in your image. Just like how you don't cook eggs with a brick or a chainsaw, but instead learning on how to make your eggs look good and different than the...
  3. CraneSoft

Damage formulae and alternative stats

Stats are in the end, just variables to be utilized by the damage formula, which developers are free to manipulate them in a way that suits their game's combat system, but since the default engine doesn't allow you to actually add additional stats values if you need them, I don't see how this is...
  4. CraneSoft

Uhh..what about just let gamers play the game? Burnout don't occur unless you are trying to...

Uhh..what about just let gamers play the game? Burnout don't occur unless you are trying to marathon an 100-hour game within the span of one week, or you are playing virtual crack Factorio.
  5. CraneSoft

RMMV Friendship system ideas

Zodiacs/Constellations and the tarots/Arcana are generally used because they are the most famous ways of fortune telling methods depending on the concept and is seen widespread use when it comes to giving a symbol to characters since almost everyone knows about them, and it's not limited to...
  6. CraneSoft

Well, considering there are already people using carrots as a weapon 20 years ago..

Well, considering there are already people using carrots as a weapon 20 years ago..
  7. CraneSoft

[RGD] DirectX implementation of RGSS3

Thanks for all the great work. I'm sorry for requesting this but is there any plans to support DragonBones as well? MV already has a plugin for that so I figure that would be great to have in ACE since it is functionally similar to Spine and is more accessible.
  8. CraneSoft

Emotionally satisfying final boss battle

To me the most memorable kind of final battle is not about the difficulty itself, but ones where you have to fight and kill a loved one, with everything you and the final boss experienced together before comes back to haunt you as a final test.
  9. CraneSoft

Thinking to make a portrait for almost every NPC in the game, and I'm already dreading the fun...

Thinking to make a portrait for almost every NPC in the game, and I'm already dreading the fun journey ahead.
  10. CraneSoft

Idea: Rare rewards based on how much the player over-damages enemies.

If you only wanted a low-effort attempt to reuse old dungeons and replayable gameplay loops - it's easier to just replace the weaker enemies with stronger variants (that has better drops) as the player progress further so it'd feel less repetitive on a revisit. I personally don't like...
  11. CraneSoft

People that only show up whenever they need help/request and doesn't engage in the community are...

People that only show up whenever they need help/request and doesn't engage in the community are generally not worth the time.
  12. CraneSoft

Fighters attac, healers protecc, and more importantly, developers slacc

Fighters attac, healers protecc, and more importantly, developers slacc
  13. CraneSoft

what kind of titles makes you give games a chance?

As a player, I don't usually care about titles as long as it isn't a PITA to google due to extremely generic keyword usage. No chance can be given if I don't even know of its existence after all. With that said, I do prefer unique titles that doesn't have anything along the lines of "Fantasy...
  14. CraneSoft

I rarely pick up mediocre/bad games but the defining difference between a mediocre game and a...

I rarely pick up mediocre/bad games but the defining difference between a mediocre game and a bad one for me is basically complaining about frustration vs. dropping & uninstalling.
  15. CraneSoft

Town exploration incentives. No ransacking NPC homes.

Other town-based actions...basically anything you can do in the real world applies. The cities/towns in Yakuza games is basically a giant hub of mini-games that doesn't fall into any of the 3 categories. If your town is big enough, simple town-related events and questlines such as Jack The...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Am I up for another full-time day of game dev? Let's find out! Got coffee, got music; let's go!
The right kind of creativity is adding your flavoring and layering on tested and proven tropes, not tearing them down and rebuild things in your image. Just like how you don't cook eggs with a brick or a chainsaw, but instead learning on how to make your eggs look good and different than the other eggs.
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Ah! Another nice "clear day" in....
//Smacks a nearby fleshy mass
No you! Me time, not you time! :kaolivid:
//Looks back
Where was I? Oh yes, another...
//deep breath and coughs
...nice clear day in Silent Hill. :LZSexcite:
Finally logged back to my RM central account... it's been a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Volpe