Last Activity:
Mar 27, 2019
Birthday:
Feb 25, 1993 (Age: 26)

Share This Page

CrazyCrab

Veteran, Male, 26, from London, England

Veteran

One crash was enough to corrupt the entire database of the project. Fun. A day's work just gone. :( Apr 20, 2018

CrazyCrab was last seen:
Mar 27, 2019
    1. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      One crash was enough to corrupt the entire database of the project. Fun. A day's work just gone. :(
      1. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Backed up?
        Apr 20, 2018
      2. CrazyCrab
        CrazyCrab
        Yeah, MV maker is corrupted now though. It was only a prototype for a course anyway, but eh, shame to see it go up in flames like this. Surprised one crash is enough to break a whole engine though.
        Apr 20, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Its because the database has to be always open, so a crash will cause file issues due to that. The only other solution is to have the program freeze for minutes every time you open the database tab and/or save your project.
        Apr 21, 2018
    2. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Someone suggested I take a break from work and play something, got Stellaris. It is my job now. So many cool ideas now.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Enjoy :) *looks at the date* woops I think we've lost you there?!
        Sep 26, 2017
    3. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Once again bored of my current project. How does running a troupe of bandits sound? Tempted to remake my 2015 IGMC entry.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Why not take 1 - 2 days off the current project and play a game instead? That's what I do when I get bored of it.
        May 30, 2017
        CrazyCrab likes this.
    4. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Yay, my internet's back! Now I can finally go back and figure the engine out :)
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    5. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      After two years or so, I'm back... I should probably make some silly little project to get a better grip on things.
      1. Arisa and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        May 19, 2017
      3. Arisa
        Arisa
        Welcome back! :kaohi:
        May 19, 2017
    6. Versus
      Versus
      R U from Poland?
    7. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      That feeling when you've been working your butt off after being 'promised the manager once I leave' and then the boss hires a friend / relative instead. Aww.  :(
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Maple
        Maple
        Nepotism is alive and well. 
        Feb 4, 2016
      3. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        My wife had nearly the same thing happen, except they rehired someone who had only a few months ago decided he was done with the job, and he quit. The district manager rehired him, regardless of protestations by the store management...
        Feb 4, 2016
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Here's hopin the boss's hire doesn't work out.

(I know, I'm petty...:p)
        Feb 4, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    8. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Bolsheviks, inner demons, inquisitors and mythology. This game is going to be weird. Hopefully good weird.
      1. Confederacy
        Confederacy
        Those dayum bolsheviks!
        Jan 31, 2016
    9. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
       So torn between a couple of game ideas that in the end I'm not working on anything. I wish someone could just decide for me.  :unsure:
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        If you are using a particular graphics pack say Ancient Dungeons. Do you or some other artists create their own tiles in that style to use along side the ones that already come with the pack. I know with the DS pack it was like it did not have all the tiles I needed but with my poor skills I would not be able to create more tiles.
        Jan 30, 2016
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hmm, with Ancient Dungeons I would probably edit something together.  I don't think I could replicate that style from scratch.  I can edit anything though.
        Jan 30, 2016
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Maybe thats what I need to do. I'll try and see if I can't do that. Thanks!
        Jan 30, 2016
    10. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Decided to take a little break, a week or two. Listening to Rollplay, playing games and catching up with friends. I'll be back soon :)
    11. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      I may be thinking with my nostalgia glasses on, but I've decided to give a 'mage academy' game a shot - something similar to the older Harry Potter games. Might be fun.
    12. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      If playing games counts as 'research', I've been working really, really hard on my game.
      1. Clydous
        Clydous
        Keep studying!! XD
        Jan 16, 2016
      2. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        hahaahah we are two nerds :D !
        Jan 16, 2016
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Me too!
        Jan 16, 2016
    13. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Man, Psycho Pass is pretty good. I'm grateful to whoever recommended it, even though I'm not getting anything done ;)
      1. Valkyriet
        Valkyriet
        Don't get too attached to any of the protagonists. You'll only get heartbtoken x'(
        Jan 9, 2016
    14. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Took a day off just to play games and watch TV. I'm somewhat embarrassed, but still quite happy :D
      1. Clydous
        Clydous
        Sometimes, we just need to take a break day to relief ourselves of just a bit of that day-to-day stress. =)
        Jan 6, 2016
      2. Kizami
        Kizami
        I wish I could do that for 1 or 2 days as well u.u But I have to finish my work first, xD
        Jan 6, 2016
    15. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Having some trouble choosing which game idea I want to pursue, so I'll just play some games instead, I guess. I wish I had a brainstorming team or something.
      1. Uzuki
        Uzuki
        I know that feeling. I'm always up for a chat if you are.
        Jan 5, 2016
    16. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Man, parallaxing takes a looong time. The end result is so neat though!
    17. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Man, MV's pretty neat but it just crashes over and over. CTRL + 0 to change keyboard language? Crash. Click generator and playtest by accident? Crash. Ugh.
      2. Lux Fortuna
        Lux Fortuna
        Wow really? You may consider reinstalling it. I've got about 500 hours on the program with no crashes.
        Dec 31, 2015
      3. Lux Fortuna
        Lux Fortuna
        I haven't actually 'played' it for 500 hours, I just leave it up all the time XD
        Dec 31, 2015
      4. Crimson Dragon Inc.
        Crimson Dragon Inc.
        it could also be a computer thing.... he/she might of downloaded the version for a differant operating system.... or doesnt meet the system requirements
        Dec 31, 2015
    18. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Trying to get into parallaxing, just for fun. Should be an educational experience. :)
      1. Valkyriet
        Valkyriet
        Once you go parallaxing, you never turn back. Welcome to the fun side.
        Dec 30, 2015
      2. CrazyCrab
        CrazyCrab
        My face after realizing all the possibilities: o_O

WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS EARLIER.

You're right, this is going to be good.
        Dec 30, 2015
    19. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      Underrail is amazing, one of the best RPGs I've played in years. Harder than Dark Souls though.
      2. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        Dark Souls is not that hard (unless you are not use to the style) and the creator said that Dark Souls point is not difficulty (although Bandai banks in marketing it being difficult).

I beat Bloodborne and died less then 20 times (60 hours of playtime) and I went in blind.
        Dec 26, 2015
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        (Although I played all the Dark Souls style game and each one after the first is easier for me, even though the difficulty between the games is the same)
        Dec 26, 2015
      4. meowchelle
        meowchelle
        Hmm I love Isometric RPGs (Fallout 2 is hands down my all time favorite game) I might have to try UnderRail.
        Dec 26, 2015
    20. CrazyCrab
      CrazyCrab
      My colleague left the company without warning, so now I'm doing all the night shifts. Even Christmas Eve. This year really sucks. :(
      1. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        Companies be greedy.
        Dec 24, 2015
      2. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        demand more moneyz!
        Dec 24, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 25, 1993 (Age: 26)
    First Language: