Crimson Dragon Inc.
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• trys making system work with each character only being allowed 10 total skills equipped to be used in battle..... gets stressed out trying to balance it...... decides to play dragon age instead
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    Usually, the problem I see with these types of systems is that if it's not balanced right, players tend to all equip the "best skills" and destroy this illusion of customization.
    Kenen
    Kenen
    @Fernyfer775 Exactly. It's better to design 10 skills that are effective and cohesive, as opposed to 20 skills that are disparate or only situationally useful.
    ok i just got done buying 2 cases of 24 mtn dew, 30 eggrolls, 4 quarts of noodles and 5 quarts of rice now to get to work on my game
    for those wondering what the darkside of game development is... its those who prefer making a game as challanging as possible without regard for the player's preferance.... and those who think the modern gamer is spoiled with low encounter rates and fast travel... back to the old ways back to when every move had to be strategized.... long live the darkside
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    The important thing to remember is there are many reasons to enjoy a game, and that one game cannot meet everyone's gaming needs. Nor are they meant to be enjoyed by everyone. Few games accomplish that.
    OldPat
    OldPat
    I may be exceptionally stupid, but I don't see Einherijar insulting anyone in his status update.

Back to the topic, there are many types of games out there suited for both casual and hardcore gamers. No point in hating, everyone can choose and play according to their own preferences without feeling "ashamed". I personally like hardcore games more, because they bring me more satisfaction but there are a lot of really good "casual games" out there, aswell.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    meh - I play games for enjoyment. If it frustrates me, I'm not enjoying it, and it's a waste of my time. If that means I'm "spoiled", so be it. I am still more relaxed at the end of the games I choose to play.
    awww the gamedeveloper darkside where making games that make the player squirm and anguish at the difficulty is mainstream ..... i love it :D
    Yanfly
    Yanfly
    I thought it was the opposite. The original SMB2 was so bad that Nintendo America switched out another game's sprites for it.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Yanfly - I believe they did that due to Nintendo thinking that Western nations where to big of babies to like it. Not that I blame them, Westerners are bigger then the average baby.

They also made SMB3 easier in the west too.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    I heard that the Lost Levels were originally SMB2, but it was so hard, they didn't want us fat americans closing our wallets, so they resprited (apparently Doki Doki Panic) to give us some entertainment. I loved SMB2 as a kid, though I had always wondered about the style change and why it was so markedly different.
    oh lovely... a snow storm that has us snowed in ..... good thing i have a reliable generator
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Where are you Einjerijar? I'm currently in Kansas City, and we had snow/freezing rain all da.
    Danito
    Danito
    SNOW YOU ARE LIKE A MONTH LATE XD
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Sleet storm this evening here, everything is coated with ice and the power keeps acting up(brown outs, where the lights dim briefly but don't quite go out). I turned my lantern on low so I can see if the power goes out completely.
    ok i'm back for now... still little woozy and have a bad head ache, but i'm good... hopefully
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Take it easy, and enjoy Christmas... Then take it easy more and then enjoy New Year's... then take it easy some more. There's a bit of a theme, here... =3
    Shaz
    Shaz
    glad you're okay!
    Rikifive
    Rikifive
    Glad you're back! MERRY CHRISTMAS! =3
    hi this is einherijar's wife, logging into his computer to inform you he is currently in the hospital due to a stress related heart attack and will not be present here for some time, i'm sorry
    RIP gaming industry..... the content people look for in games is avarice.... and no challange
    Haydeos
    Haydeos
    There will always be people who make games that they love, and will be loved by players! Never fear!
    Milena
    Milena
    Because you are concentrated with Western companies. Look at smaller Japanese companies and you see the difference.
    Milkdud
    Milkdud
    Or you know you could, like, look for games that didn't do that.
    watched digimon vs pokemon death battle.... already knew outcome... luaghs at how butt hurt pokemon fans are about mega charizard getting sluaghtered by wargreymon
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I'm with Wavelength. It's plain silly. The quality of the idea, concept, and/or character is not measured by how many planets it can destroy in a blink of an eye, but by how well it is developed within its setting.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    honestly i just watch the battles, and comment on what i thought was wrong, in truth i dont care, so long as proper real facts are presented unlike what the fans try to give (like one fan said that charizard should win simply cuase he can fly)
    Milena
    Milena
    But it isn't canon. Non Canon = BS.
    i would like to thank the moderators, shaz archia, and anders (only ones i can name off top of head), and all the people of this community for all the help and insightful conversations, you have all helped me to become better at my craft, i hope one day to release a product worthy of being played by you all
    Shaz
    Shaz
    glad to have helped in any way. :) Good luck with your projects.
    many thanks to the might yanfly, yami, and detika you three have helped me alot so far and i would like to send a shout out to tsukihime aswell :D
    hi hi everyone well got my answer for undertale now, for the one who asked what burning heroes is here is a link
    Ksi
    Ksi
    Ah, BH is a great little game. You wouldn't think the gameplay would work, but it does.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    i love the game :D just wish it had longer stories and more diversity among characters of the same class
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Never heard of it, looks interesting though; I'll have to watch more later.
    agh i dont get it.... i was told undertale was the best rpg since burning heroes for the snes.... and its one of the worst i seen.... can someone explain why it received so much hype?
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I haven't played it yet although I'm interested to. From what I've seen what looks appealing is the battle system. The graphics and art look purposely bland and simple. Some might find this nostalgic others will think they could do better or it was a cop out.
    trouble time
    trouble time
    because memes and pop cultre refrences.
    SLEEP
    SLEEP
    i am sick of getting replies to this comment thread but i jsut want to clarify that theres an anime girl avatar here complaining about indie games. jesus, even here.... cant catch a break...................
    figures out something, relizes something else isnt working, tries to fix, but after several attempts nothing works D: gah the agony of failure
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thespyinthehole