CrowStorm
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
    Yeseylon
    Yeseylon
    Might not actually be depression, could just be Impostor Syndrome.

In my experience, a person's belief in their usefulness is inversely proportional to how useful they actually are. Those that are truly useful usually just see all the stuff they couldn't get to.
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    Yeseylon
    Yeseylon
    Not formally, no, but that's a more academic way of describing what I was thinking lol
    Pretend you were telling, reading, or listening to a very serious, slightly scary story about witches. Would a witch doing the stereotypical flying on a broomstick thing ruin the mood?
    Reactions: MushroomCake28
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    These things happened mostly due to political reasons. The witch hysteria in Germany, for example, had very little to do with the fear of witches and heretics, and more to do with the reformation and the two churches vying for influence over both people and kingdoms. If your world has very real witches, then the reasons for a witch craze might be very different.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Have you ever played Inquisitor? It's an RPG in which you play as an inquisitor. the game world is based on our world, only the supernatural is all too real, so your role as an inquisitor is kinda justified by the fact you're actually fighting to protect the world from monsters, witches, etc. I also found the game to be extremely hard unless I played as the priest. lol.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    As stranger said, historically a lot of men were executed for being witches as well. I'd imagine you already have read the Malleus Malificarum given your games title, but if by some chance you havent the book has a section dedicated to male witches. Idk if that's a theme you want to explore in your game though.
    Decided to focus on mapping for once. I've pumped out 15* new maps over the past two days' work, including two larger ones that involved some kinda fancy parallax stuff.

*should actually be 17 by the end of the night.
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    Trying not to get too giddy over the illusion of progress here (I mean, there's real progress, but it seems like more than it is). It's (probably) going to take a heck of a lot longer to fill those maps with atmosphere, music, NPCs, shops, and just generally...gameplay.
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    While I'm commenting on my own status like a jerk anyway, no I don't use Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads because it seems...too easy. I have grown used to the constraints of the grid, like one might get used to a prison cell or an abusive lover. Whenever I need to avoid "gridlock" (teehee) I use parallaxes & overlays like in the old days.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I hate Grid Free Doodads, it is so not at as good as it looks. "Hey, wanna map off the grid with my plugin that offers no tools for dealing with the consequences of mapping off the grid??" (I avoid Yanfly on MV when and where I can, nowadays). "Gridlock".... XD
    The sad reaction was not because I want you to credit me. (terms clearly say no need to credit) but because those maps are meant to be used as inspiration or guidence. You are ofcourse alowed to use them however you want :)
    Reactions: CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    Well, in this case regardless of what the terms are I fully intend to credit you, I believe in giving credit where it's due. Thanks for clarifying that, though.
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    It might not look like it from the screens I posted but my map differs from yours pretty significantly. The line between "used as inspiration or guidance" and "used as a basis to edit from" is a blurred one. I mean, guidance, in particular, is exactly what I think I'm getting from using the map this way. It is a literal guide I am following to lay out the city in an attractive and interesting-to-traverse way.
    and as John Cleese would say: "And now for something completely different..."
    Yeseylon
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    so weird, I just watched that specific episode of flying circus last night
    Yeseylon
    Yeseylon
    It's the Internet Hive Mind at work
    It's hard to balance between getting ahead of drama that may spread anyway vs. accidentally spreading it yourself trying to get ahead of it, but let me calmly try. I'm banned from RMN (I don't know how long) because they have mistaken me for a former user. I am sad, but not at all angry at them, because considering the circumstances it was an easy mistake for them to make.
    KrimsonKatt
    KrimsonKatt
    Well I learned to not talk about politics on the internet, so that's something. :kaojoy:
    Yeseylon
    Yeseylon
    Trick is to talk about politics in ways 90% of all people agree with, or at least left/right neutral.

Like saying all politicians are trash.
    Yeseylon
    Yeseylon
    But on the upside, your banning and subsequent post here made me aware of rpgmaker.net.
    welp...this is gonna be awkward. or painful. guess I'll take awkward over painful.
    Reactions: a_a
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    I Would choose painful as akward usually equals painful but painful doesnt necceserally means akward... Just saying :p
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Hmm? Are things okay on your end? But I agree, a faux pas' embarassment is better than getting hurt.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Also, assuming it's what I think this is about: I wouldn't say that was awkward! You made some good points I didn't consider at first. ^^;
    storyteller01
    Reactions: standardplayer
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    lol! There used to be someone in the FPSCreator community called Storyteller01. Made scripts and models for others to use. Think he also made some stuff for RPG Maker.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Somebody call? Oh wait, never mind.
    CrowStorm
    CrowStorm
    TheStoryteller01 made cool emosets for most (all?) of the MV RTP characters. I was trying to enter his name into the search box but failed. I may have been slightly extremely stoned at the time.
    jeez i go one day without logging on and they overhaul the whole forums on me (I have nothing specific against this new look I just am old and hate change)
    first turn-of-the-month that I've been a ******* of Akashics Librarium all LAST month and holy crap, my inbox is full to bursting.
    Aekashics.moe Graphics fill me w/ a palpable need to make a game about steampunk dwarves, a project I have <0 time for.
    Does anyone have a copy of MVStripper? Yes, I know that 'exclude unused files' is now a deployment option.
    Kes
    Kes
    Please do not use Status Updates to ask Support questions, that is not their purpose. Post a thread in JS Plugin Requests.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After 2 years of writing, planning and outlining I finally finished the first draft of my first book in its entirety! I'll admit I got a little lazy with some of the word and description on those last 10 pages but that what 2and and 3rd drafts are forrrr, now after 20 hours of no sleep imma nap for 2 hours before my kid wakes me up to try and play.
Think of the potential now that picking up object is possible!
My first Video Scene - Kraken Art By @whtdragon -

Still needs work but its a start.
Considering a side project of making a Choose Your Own Adventure in MV but letting people play it as YouTube videos with the choices at the end leading to other videos. Thoughts?
I've made a rudimentary prototype map for the first game with the MV RTP overworld tiling. I'm probably going to photoshop the crap out of it for parallax, but the prototype has given me new ideas about how I want to place dungeons in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ndieminstitute05