cthulhusquid
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Lots of cool changes for Battle Castle in the works! Not just reworked dialogue, but gameplay, combat, and possibly lore changes to make things weightier.
    Getting feedback on your games can be painful, but it is TOTALLY WORTH IT. People will catch things you missed, or have totally different viewpoints that you never would have thought of, or was too blinded to see.
    Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    I'd much rather hear constructive criticisms than simply "good" or "bad". This is why I always tell people to be as honest as possible despite of the fact that it still hurts sometimes when people criticize your work.
    palatkorn
    palatkorn
    This should be what I usually do. Pick up the mistake and correct it.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @cthulhusquid, sorry for the misunderstanding. I am in the process of playtesting Trailblazer if I finish that game. I will have to play another game. Ok, after that, I will review your game if you wish.
    Here's a nice little poem I wrote to include in one of my game projects:

From the fallen husk to the merry froth,
    From the golden stalks to the oaken mug,
    Does ale warm the heart like a woolen cloth,
    And welcomes the long night in with a hug.
    Note to self: Don't use a square building to make a hotel, nothing will ever be an even number, and it will look janky as hell.
    Reactions: Wavelength
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I like to use L shapes for hotels.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Yeah, I always drew buildings as giant rectangles, and my art never came out looking that great. That's why architects deserve the big bucks. They make beautiful, unintuitive buildings that most of us (especially me! :3 ) would never ever think to design. And hopefully they do it in a way that the building can still serve its intended function really well.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I'm re-doing a whole exterior map to make the interior map look good, it's crazy how things are so interconnected when you
    are concerned with immersion. Coincidentally, the exterior is looking way better even though just have the main features made.
    Yet again, I feel like I'm one of the few who likes a thing a lot of other people don't like. I guess I'm just weird like that... Or my expectations are zero.
    Going from Ace to MZ... Wow. There's a lot to unpack here!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Going from ACE?? Dang... you are going to have a LOT of fun once you get the swing of things.
    Xane
    Xane
    @cthulhusquid Don't you dare. Stay with Ace. Think of everything that it has done for you all these years!:kaocry: Seriously though, if you're jumping from Ace to MZ there's a ton of new tricks the editor can do now. I've messed around with it all day.

@taarna23 Don't you encourage bad behavior! :kaolivid::kaoswt:
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    @Xane I've going to use both. I have three games to complete in Ace, and I'm not going to give up on them now! I'm just going to use MZ for my new ideas, of which there's already two.
    There was a large beetle flying around in my brother's room just now. When it got caught, there were tiny bugs crawling all over it, like parasites or mites or something. Maybe it was one of those zombie bugs and it was being mind controlled...
    I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
    My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
    Me: Good!
    My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
    Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
    My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
    Me: Crap.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Dororo
    Dororo
    Brains speak it easy, they aren't the ones that struggle in the end. They sit in their own comfort zone in the skull. Such braggarts.
    Black Pagan
    Black Pagan
    Well, Guess what ? I can add as many Maps as I want, in my Game and get away with it, without adding any NPCs. My excuse : Its a Survival Game Bro, Its a Survival Game !!! :)
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    But mine's partially a survival game as well, so unfortunately I can't use that excuse.
    My package that's been in transit for 128 days now is moving again!
    :rtear:
    The horrors of gold and drop balancing are not to be trifled with lightly...
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Could do gold per damage dealt, and special situations yield items, that way there's no percentage to balance.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Each human enemy can drop between 1 and 10 items, it's supposed to be what they are carrying throughout the Wasteland. A mixure of food, drinks, weapons, ammo, scrap items, drugs, etc.
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    I make it so that enemies, except in some cases, never drop money. Instead, it's obtained from spots that spawn on some maps and after completing quests and events.
    One of the hazards of the microwave: cooking something for six minutes when it should be 60 seconds, and come back to see smoke pouring out of it, and the plastic is now fused to the blackened food.
    What I would give to actually get some feedback on my game...
    Reactions: xDRAGOONx
    Cythera
    Cythera
    Hey, if you send me over the link to your page/download, I'll play and give you feedback! All I ask is you give my game a go in return :3
    mishakoc
    mishakoc
    I've been playing your game but didn't get too far yet, just gotten out of the first village. I want to play some more (when I have time) before sharing my thoughts.
    Well, looks like I head back to work tomorrow. This multi-month long break has given me time to make a ton of progress on all three of my games, including the release of a demo.
    The demo for Battle Castle: Shadow From the Past is now officially released!
    Playtesting for Battle Castle is done, demo time for me was roughly 6 hours and 20 minutes. I'm going to pass it on to a few friends first, and after getting some feedback will be posting an official topic.
    The demo for Battle Castle: Shadow From the Past is very close to being released. Just some more playtesting to go.
    The next update for the Cube Trail is coming along pretty nicely as well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm hoping to get a call October 1. They should be fully open by then.

With this, all demo dungeon graphics are done.
Eventually I need to make animations...send help.
OcRam demo project is now available at https://ocram-codes.net !!!
mzBaseBody.png added!

Ami
--- Mushroom ---

F.Knight: We runs out the food!
Hero: Anything could eat in this place?
F.Archer: It's a bunch of Mushroom over there. I wonder it's safe to eat.
F.Knight: No worries,we have to fill our inside no matter what it is.
(Hero & F.Knight Eat The Mushroom,After 10 Seconds They Collapse With Foam)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobyde