cthulhusquid
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
    Currently working on a playlist of songs that have inspired my work on revamping Battle Castle, and making sure they flow decently from one to the next. I will be posting it whenever I upload my next demo.
    This is the first song in the playlist.
    overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    I made my brother sit down and build a mood playlist with me as a bit of a team building exercise. I hope he follows it, it took us awhile and I'd like our listening habits to be synced when working on the game. I know, odd thing to do - but you want yer team to be in sync ya know.
    Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    It might not hurt to mix up the soundtrack if you will. Find other songs with the same tone yer looking for. I sometimes make like playlists for the mood or character.
    I believe in you!
    What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Now I have to stay late if I want to make up what money I lost, and lose out on 2 hours of free time! :kaolivid::mad:
    Thanks, brain. You made me get 7 hours of sleep because you kept coming up with ideas for Battle Castle...
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    My problem is I sleep for too long because I brainstorm in my sleep, LOL.
    Germelshausen
    Germelshausen
    080.jpg

Been there way too many times, hopefully they were good ideas!
    RivalRamen_Games
    RivalRamen_Games
    I know how that feels LOL
    Scripts can be so annoying sometimes. I've spent the last few hours trying to find which script is conflicting with another one, which is freezing the battles in one of my projects. Every time I think I find a solution, it gets more and more confusing.
    Reactions: dreamfall887
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I figured out the stupid thing, I didn't even have to delete any scripts. I just had to turn a setting on in my survival script that allows it to run during battles. IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!! :kaolivid:
    I finally have beaten Fallout 3 after 8 years and countless restarts! It feels so surreal.
    Well, I just dodged one of the biggest bullets of my life today. Yesterday, I discovered that a large sum of money may or may not have been stolen (or someone misplaced it), the CEO was notified, and at least 4 people were fired over it. I was on the tertiary of the event so I was really scared I was going to be fired too, but thankfully that didn't happen.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Just as long as you got the secret briefcase out of the building and to the required spot. Glad you avoided being fired. :LZSexcite:
    estriole
    estriole
    you might get a promotion or bonus for finding it instead getting fired... but i advice you to put extra caution when you're going home... some people that got fired might not like what you're doing and could potentially do you harm... i hope it doesn't happen btw... but it's better to be cautious... wish you well :D.
    Thanks to running out of meaningful things to do at work, I wrote 6 single spaced pages of story for Battle Castle. Talk about progress!
    After tons of brainstorming recently, any updates for my Battle Castle project are going to be very delayed. Thankfully, a demo for one of my other projects is getting closer to being done!
    Reactions: Kupotepo and rux
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I'm going to post all of the upcoming changes in the Battle Castle topic within the next few days, as it's a very extensive list of changes.
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    then you know how Mojang feels when delaying updates...
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I'll have to check it out. Overall it's a really cool concept you have there based on what I saw when Studio Blue reviewed it.
    So far, this has been one of the worst weeks of my life. My anxiety spiked really bad because of the election and I haven't had a good night's sleep for a week straight. I'm also extremely sensitive to bad sleep.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I woke up around 4am this morning thinking I heard an overhead page for a trauma alert so you can tell how my week has been.... I don't worry about politics. If we focused on voting out the incumbents in the house and senate then who we get as president doesn't truly matter......
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Yeah, the rhetoric of congresswomen calling for truth and reconcilliation councils to list and likely criminalize their political opposition when they win are making me increasingly nervous. Weird, crazy crap. Doesn't look like any of the nonsense is going to end anytime soon. I'm just going to stay in my little slice of nowhere while the chaos reigns.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    The one positive thing coming out of this election, for me, is that I'm learning where all the US states actually sit on the map!
    Who knew Washington is not in Washington? That's just crazy! I mean, New York, NY, right?
    (I did actually know Washington is not in Washington)
    Does anyone else ever feel overwhelmed with the amount of work they have to do? I have a million things I need to rework for my main project Battle Castle (writing, characters, combat, etc), but then I remember I need to look at and possibly re-write my other two projects, one of which already has multiple hours of gameplay, and it's just too much sometimes.
    Celestrium
    Celestrium
    All the time! I relate to the feelings of being overwhelmed.
    Make the project into a playable model and make adjustments afterward. There is always ways to make your game better, make a note and work that out later.

You are doing awesome things, it is normal to feel that way. I would love to see your stuff thus far, and how you progress!
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Imagine being in charge of building the great wall of China.
    It was built to keep the rabbits out, didn't you know?
    At any time, a swarm of rabbits could have appeared.
    hehehe, now that's terrifying.
    Fluffy things eating everything in your village. Breeding ferociously in front of your homestead. Pooing in the streets.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    There's always times where it looks overwhelming. But no individual task is that bad so I try to focus on that. Although my ADHD tendencies have me bouncing around a bit between tasks at times....
    Lots of cool changes for Battle Castle in the works! Not just reworked dialogue, but gameplay, combat, and possibly lore changes to make things weightier.
    Getting feedback on your games can be painful, but it is TOTALLY WORTH IT. People will catch things you missed, or have totally different viewpoints that you never would have thought of, or was too blinded to see.
    Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    I'd much rather hear constructive criticisms than simply "good" or "bad". This is why I always tell people to be as honest as possible despite of the fact that it still hurts sometimes when people criticize your work.
    palatkorn
    palatkorn
    This should be what I usually do. Pick up the mistake and correct it.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @cthulhusquid, sorry for the misunderstanding. I am in the process of playtesting Trailblazer if I finish that game. I will have to play another game. Ok, after that, I will review your game if you wish.
    Here's a nice little poem I wrote to include in one of my game projects:

From the fallen husk to the merry froth,
    From the golden stalks to the oaken mug,
    Does ale warm the heart like a woolen cloth,
    And welcomes the long night in with a hug.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD
Change costumes with equipment!
When you're forced to make a tutorial for something obvious.
246907756_284595507001402_2098549601125689312_n.jpg
one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PsykoPony