Recent content by cthulhusquid

1. cthulhusquid

Guilty Pleasures

Really, really bad movies. The worse it is, the better. Either so horrible it makes you want to rip your eyes out like Turkish Star Wars, or splatter/exploitation films like Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead.
  2. cthulhusquid

Your favorite "foreign" sweets and snacks?

Calbee shrimp chips, liquor chocolates, melon soda, Calpis.
  3. cthulhusquid

December 2019 Goals and Progress Thread

Well, I'm fast on the approach to failing with that. Maybe if I work really hard the next few days I can get my goal done, but that's assuming I have inspiration and stop getting distracted. Wish me luck!
  4. cthulhusquid

My manga room (3,000+ books plus figurines)

Pretty cool, I was surprised to see the Girls und Panzer dioramas! I don't have a manga collection, but I do buy a lot of music CDs. All are non-mainstream, so it's not just a boring "collection" that your mom might have. I just recently bought a bunch from Japan, so I'm in the process of...
  5. cthulhusquid

Favorite Game Aesthetics?

Good to hear that people who read dialogue text still exist!
  6. cthulhusquid

Favorite Game Aesthetics?

One of my favorite aesthetics is "uncovering lost history", which I have noticed in Fallout 3 and Lord of the Rings Online. In Fallout 3, when you leave Vault 101, you see the entire Wasteland stretching before you, ready to be explored. However, it's clear that everything is dead, but there...
  7. cthulhusquid

December 2019 Goals and Progress Thread

Finish the Unholy Temple location in the Cube Trail, my only game with a published demo. Maybe get a working demo published of my post apocalyptic game, The Wastes, if I'm really lucky. The Wastes has at least 4 hours of gameplay already, but I need to find a good point to cut it off for the...
  8. cthulhusquid

What's your target audience?

Honestly, myself, but if I had to choose: People who like meaningful plots, dialogue, and character interactions People who like cohesive worlds People who like challenging gameplay Age range is teenagers to adults (two of my games' plots are probably too mature for kids to really understand...
  9. cthulhusquid

How do you face Inspiration Loss?

This is why I try not to compare my game to others on this forum. There are a lot of projects with custom music, custom graphics, all of that stuff, which I know I can't compete against as I'm not a graphic artist or musician. Instead, I try to craft interesting story lines, character...
  10. cthulhusquid

Bad RPG Maker Games

Here's the plot of my first and utterly terrible RPG Maker game that I tried to make. I never released it (still have it though, I play through it every so often for laughs). Lots of unbalanced stuff, broken and unfinished events, horrible maps, etc.
  11. cthulhusquid

The "What are your favourite songs?" thread.

Well, this is going to be difficult as I have a bunch of favorites across a bunch of genres, so I guess I'll just post a wide spread grouped under a few main genres. First, I swear I'm not Russian, I just like multiple Russian bands. Second, I could have a 20+ song section alone just for Eurobeat.
  12. cthulhusquid

The Big Book of World Building/Notes: Do you have one?

I have a Word file with a bunch of storyline and gameplay mechanic notes, which nothing ever gets deleted from. It goes all the way back to one of my old projects, and details a bunch of stuff that gets added through development and updates. It's actually quite messy but going down through it is...
  13. cthulhusquid

Text box that doesn't stop movement

EDIT: Moving it to the top makes it work somehow. I'll keep messing around with it and come back here if I have any problems. Thanks for the help!
  14. cthulhusquid

Text box that doesn't stop movement

Screenshot of the editor: Here's the entire script.
  15. cthulhusquid

The story of your first project!

The first one I did was called "Magical Castle~Battle Knight". The title hardly has any relation to the actual game, it was supposed to be "JRPG-like" from the viewpoint of someone who never played a JRPG. Anyway, you start off as Ralph in an unnamed town. You talk with your friend Joseph, and...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aspaqi