Recent content by cthulhusquid

1. cthulhusquid

I don't bother either because I know I'll never complete them in time. Heck, even throwing...

I don't bother either because I know I'll never complete them in time. Heck, even throwing something together that's not totally broken takes hours.
  2. cthulhusquid

I'm not really a horror movie person, but Frankenstein's Army is my favorite. I loved how they...

I'm not really a horror movie person, but Frankenstein's Army is my favorite. I loved how they used so many practical effects rather than CG.
  3. cthulhusquid

How many RM games did you play in the last year?

I actually have three in the works right now. Battle Castle, as you played a while ago, is being totally revamped in almost every way, I'm sure you'll find it way better when the demo eventually gets updated. Second is my post apocalyptic game, The Wastes, which is heavily inspired by Stalker...
  4. cthulhusquid

Whenever anyone mentions systems from various jrpgs, I literally have no idea what they are...

Whenever anyone mentions systems from various jrpgs, I literally have no idea what they are talking about. I've pretty much only played western rpgs, as I'm a pc gamer and never owned a console or handheld when I was a kid.
  5. cthulhusquid

I actually had an idea for this once, it was called Trope Adventure. Literally everything in the...

I actually had an idea for this once, it was called Trope Adventure. Literally everything in the game was going to be a TV Trope's trope, and named after them. Like a giant monster called the Beef Gate was going to prevent you from leaving your village, enemies included the Big Bad and Dumb...
  6. cthulhusquid

Game & Map Screenshots 11

It's redundant, they could have saved space and gone with "Critical Hit" instead.
  7. cthulhusquid

I'm passing as well, I've lost interest in pretty much any multiplayer shooter. Also, hot take...

I'm passing as well, I've lost interest in pretty much any multiplayer shooter. Also, hot take. Battlefield 2 (discounting 2142 as I never played it) was the last great Battlefield game. 3 and 1 were pretty good but still letdowns from 2. Plus, I die inside whenever someone hears "Battlefield...
  8. cthulhusquid

I feel you, I'm making a game right now where there's 4 different main characters you can play...

I feel you, I'm making a game right now where there's 4 different main characters you can play as. Each event is 4 times as much writing as it would be with one MC.
  9. cthulhusquid

Aren't we all? I know I am and my brother is.

Aren't we all? I know I am and my brother is.
  10. cthulhusquid

I think you mean animations.

I think you mean animations.
  11. cthulhusquid

I also think the one on the left stands out more.

I also think the one on the left stands out more.
  12. cthulhusquid

I still remember him! I'll continue playing your game when you've got all the bugs and stuff...

I still remember him! I'll continue playing your game when you've got all the bugs and stuff worked out.
  13. cthulhusquid

Anyone else having trouble falling to sleep on a work night because you don't want to go to bed...

Anyone else having trouble falling to sleep on a work night because you don't want to go to bed yet? I just did.
  14. cthulhusquid

That's mostly marzipan, right? Looks like it.

That's mostly marzipan, right? Looks like it.
  15. cthulhusquid

Game & Map Screenshots 11

When it comes to icons, go all or nothing. If most words have icons but some don't, it'll be confusing for the player. Like I see that Magical Critical Hit has no icon, but Crit doesn't. I would also try to make terms cohesive as well, so if you are going with Magical Critical Hit, go with...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanoql