CWells
Last Activity:
Aug 2, 2016

Share This Page

CWells

Storyteller/Artist, Male

Veteran

MIght be inactive for long period as I try to hang on to potential job opportunities. Been ridiculously difficult here. I have to do something. Apr 16, 2014

CWells was last seen:
Aug 2, 2016
    1. CWells
      CWells
      MIght be inactive for long period as I try to hang on to potential job opportunities. Been ridiculously difficult here. I have to do something.
      1. Jarl Van Damme
        Jarl Van Damme
        I know how you feel.
        Apr 16, 2014
    2. CWells
      CWells
      People will complain no matter what. Just create a system that makes real sense to you and share it. And take what you get from that.
    3. CWells
      CWells
      Assigning skills to weapons and characters to what weapons they can equip and all this tagging and sticking and...bleh
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        is easier than mapping?
        Apr 9, 2014
      2. CWells
        CWells
        Yes. XD I think it is easier than mapping...
        Apr 9, 2014
      3. CWells
        CWells
        I find the options for mapping obscenely limited. Thinking of making my own objects.
        Apr 9, 2014
    4. CWells
      CWells
      Using up a troop slot to make all of your common troop events for all your other troops is great for keeping all the stuff in one place, so it is all easier ot find and distribute to your other troops. Also a great way to test them out.
    5. CWells
      CWells
      I wrote a cleaner story for my game and now I can't find the flipping txt file with all my notes...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. CWells
        CWells
        Maybe it is because I overwrit an old file and updated it with the info. I'm sure it is somewhere. not a biggie. i keep notes in THREE different places anyway. I abuse my cellphone memo pad
        Apr 6, 2014
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Ah, see. I live in the dark ages of notebooks and flash drives. My only device is my laptop. I still email stuff to myself. XD

At least my phone slides instead of flips, but hey.

At the end of the day all my files end up in my mega folder.
        Apr 6, 2014
      4. That Bread
        That Bread
        One of the best places to look when you lose a file is in the computer section of your documents. It does a full sweep of the computer for the file in question.
        Apr 6, 2014
    6. CWells
      CWells
      Made spreadsheet for enemies. Fun. Oh my eyes...
      1. byronclaude
        byronclaude
        Lol. When eyes start to fall out of head due to exhaustion, just casually push them back in... :)
        Apr 4, 2014
      2. Litzana
        Litzana
        I feel your pain, friend.
        Apr 4, 2014
    7. CWells
      CWells
      Can't believe I just watched Grant from Mythbusters play Magic the Gathering for 20 minutes on a youtube show. And it was fun!
    8. CWells
      CWells
      Having difficulty deciding on a level system. Might make my tech game not have levels for many characters...
    9. CWells
      CWells
      Looks like I might not make the deadline to finish my pic. I'll just do my best and send in what I got. It's coming along great anyway.
      1. TetrahArks
        TetrahArks
        You lost already
        Mar 31, 2014
    10. CWells
      CWells
      Every time I draw a boar that is supposed to be menacing, it turns out cartoony and cute. X_X
      1. Chaos Avian
        Chaos Avian
        Make a cute version then a menacing one~ Upgrade the cute :3
        Mar 29, 2014
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I have the same problem. Everything I draw ends up adorable. Once drew a monster made of lightning and claws and pointy bits and glowing red eyes, it was still cute.
        Mar 29, 2014
      3. Solo
        Solo
        Hey, there's nothing wrong with cute! ;D
        Mar 29, 2014
    11. CWells
      CWells
      Dang. I complicated the construction of ocean in my piece. Almost ruined it. Thank goodness for undo features. I'll just have to deal with what I made. That's what I get for trying to be perfect
    12. CWells
      CWells
      I find painting with photoshop way easier than doing cartoon line work. Contour line. Not much to feel with. That's why you sketch things out first. But with paint, I can just throw on screen. I feel more. I see more. It's kind of easier to see for me
      2. CWells
        CWells
        If you use shape dynamics and transfer, it makes your pen feel exactly like a traditional drawing pen, minus the lack of friction. Try playing with those settings. And for hard lines, GO BIG. When doing final contour lines, Try no minimum then 6 PX. It may look big at first but you can always sculpt.
        Mar 28, 2014
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Thanks. I'm going to look up some more resources and tutorials. My normal art style does not jive well with game graphics so I've been trying to teach myself a lot of new tricks. I haven't done much art since art school and recently just started getting into Photoshop a few months ago.
        Mar 28, 2014
      4. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        *high school, I mean.
        Mar 28, 2014
    13. wallacethepig
      wallacethepig
      Evil Begone! Hopefully this will help you with your artsing skills!
      1. CWells
        CWells
        Maybe. It is more an issue of motivation return!
        Mar 27, 2014
    14. CWells
      CWells
      Just made a set of guard activating skills and states for characters mechanical suits. Organized, cleaned up and refined formulas for weapons elements and fleshed out all the traits for the 5 main suits. All in 30 mins. Feeling accomplished? Maybe. Have to do mapping. Hate mapping...
    15. CWells
      CWells
      Trying to draw today. It just isn't happening. My lines look...horrendous. Totally not in it today
    16. CWells
      CWells
      Titanfall looked all good in the ads and trailers with their movies which have no representation of gameplay. Then I see it is first person. My interest just fell out. Boo...
      1. Hirei
        Hirei
        Titanfall is pretty fun :)
        Mar 15, 2014
    17. CWells
      CWells
      That awkward moment when you plan out what's going to happen tomorrow then wake up but find your motivation still unconscious
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        You woke up, step one complete! No reason to stop now!
        Mar 14, 2014
    18. CWells
      CWells
      Months of pestering the wonderful staff with questions from basic things to more complex actions. Months of copy and pasting what they've told me into notepad made txt files for future reference. Best thing I could have done...
    19. CWells
      CWells
      Kind of bummed that in change actor parameters for permaent increases, I can only change the base parameters and not add features like install critical bonus or state resist permanently to character directly. Gotta add copies of an actor and switch em out for that feature.
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        It might be possible to do it with a script call. I'm not a scripter, but that seems simpler than having a ton of actors in the database.
        Mar 1, 2014
      3. CWells
        CWells
        I wonder. I'll see if script calls can help with that.
        Mar 1, 2014
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        I have a Dynamic Features script that might do what you need. But if you ARE after help doing what you're trying to do, it should go into the forum, not here ;)
        Mar 1, 2014
    20. CWells
      CWells
      My computer crashes frequently...
      2. 010
        What OS are ya using?
        Feb 22, 2014
      3. CWells
        CWells
        I have Windows 7. Oddly enough though the actual number/version says 6.2 or something like that. Strange. But I get blue screen memory dumps. Especially if I play a game or have a big program up. RPGMaker, the rarest of crashes. Photoshop its crashed...
        Feb 22, 2014
      4. valkill101
        valkill101
        Same here, it's been happening to me for a while now even with all new parts.
        Feb 22, 2014
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Philosophy, RPG's, Art, writing, cooking, Nature