CWells
Last Activity:
Aug 2, 2016

Share This Page

CWells

Storyteller/Artist, Male

Veteran

MIght be inactive for long period as I try to hang on to potential job opportunities. Been ridiculously difficult here. I have to do something. Apr 16, 2014

CWells was last seen:
Aug 2, 2016
    1. CWells
      CWells
      Great...I just birthed this burning idea for an evolution style game. Oh dear...
    2. CWells
      CWells
      112 ounces of pudding
      1. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        That is a lot of pudding
        Feb 11, 2014
    3. CWells
      CWells
      I'm beginning to think that I care more about making creative systems, formulas and such than I actually do completing anything.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's not necessarily a bad thing. It took me a while to come to terms with the fact that I love RPG Maker but all I want to do is make art for it, not a game. Just make that work for you.
        Feb 9, 2014
    4. CWells
      CWells
      So many fun ways to establish formulas that fit certain laws in my game. Difficult sticking to a consistent route. But I'm getting there.
    5. CWells
      CWells
      I'm going to go bonkers. I really wish VX Ace had an easy way of organizig database lists such as skills weapons items etc. X__x GAH!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        spreadsheets during planning stage to write all your lists can't be beaten :)
        Jan 4, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Spreadsheets are always golden, especially when you use variables with more than 100 possible counters, talk about nightmares.
        Jan 4, 2014
      4. CWells
        CWells
        Notepads have been helping me lots. Only, I started making them when I was halfway through with the stuff v_v

However, yes the lists are great to have.
        Jan 4, 2014
    6. CWells
      CWells
      Making some necessary edits to Conjurers college system. Still working oin things. Definitely. But my life is a mess
    7. CWells
      CWells
      I went outside and bought a LOAD of cookies... Yeah, 23 total cookies. Large ones too
      1. Neverward
        Neverward
        Jan 1, 2014
      2. CWells
        CWells
        Great when warm, yeah.
        Jan 1, 2014
    8. CWells
      CWells
      It's only a side project and just to test my game complete and ready to share skills but I'm terrified of releasing my game lol...
    9. CWells
      CWells
      I just started constructing my tournament point system and win and loss events. They're complex and pretty cool! I'm proud of how it's coming along.
    10. CWells
      CWells
      Hmm. Can you stack the gold double feature on your items? Does that work?
    11. CWells
      CWells
      I love Yanfly's doppleganger script. It makes it so easy to monitor enemy stat growth across levels and allows for quicker more accurate adjustments in game mechanics. Love it
    12. CWells
      CWells
      I'm going to make a little side project. Something really simple to experiment with. A fighter game RPG style. No walking around, just one menu, select and fight. Gotta find a way to match enemies with actors. Level scripts YAY
      1. Arin
        Arin
        Yanfly's Doppelganger Script?
        Nov 23, 2013
      2. Ruby
        Ruby
        I'm doing the same thing with my enchanted tileset!!
        Nov 23, 2013
      3. CWells
        CWells
        I have a level script but I'll check out the Doppleganger one to see the difference.
        Nov 23, 2013
    13. CWells
      CWells
      I think my game is too big. I'm real close to max set of skills =D
      2. ??????
        ??????
        you can script even more than 9999, you just have to script it all rather than database it. Not like theres any need for anywhere near that amount of skills though...
        Nov 22, 2013
      3. Darkanine
        Darkanine
        It might be useful for Prefix and manual fusing skills,will be a pain to make though.
        Nov 22, 2013
      4. CWells
        CWells
        Yeah but I can't imagine having that many skills o_o. How would anyone manage that? I'm just glad I can go past 200. I just need to put down about a dozen(?) or less things down then I'm totally set! No more need to add anything new to skills! =D Graphics on the other hand... -_-. Too depressed for drawing.
        Nov 22, 2013
    14. CWells
      CWells
      I haven't seen an anime I cared about for a while. But now I'm a big fan of Sword Art Online.
      1. Baka-chan
        Baka-chan
        You should watch "Log Horizon". It's much better then SAO so far ^^
        Nov 19, 2013
    15. CWells
      CWells
      Make a text document and call it your item log. Don't ask why. Just do it and record every item in your game in this log. Then type out next to each item every single reason for its existence.
      1. Drachen
        Drachen
        That's a pretty good idea.
        Nov 18, 2013
      2. zachfoss
        zachfoss
        why?
        Nov 18, 2013
      3. Arin
        Arin
        Loot

Loot

Loot

Loot

Loot

Loot

Loot

Loot

Item that heals X status

Loot

Loot

Loot

Loot...
        Nov 19, 2013
    16. CWells
      CWells
      I played a demo for Metal Gear Revengeance. Cyborg ninja action. More fun than I thought! But it's Metal Gear so yeah ;)
      1. xein
        xein
        Yeah, except you won't need to stealthily move from one point to another.
        Nov 17, 2013
      2. CWells
        CWells
        That was a bit of a surprise, really. I expected stealth to come into this one.
        Nov 17, 2013
    17. CWells
      CWells
      I decided to use defense as a source of power for earth magic. It's proving an interesting thing to work with since my formula puts atk over DEF in strength by 1.2 points.Fun playing with it though.
    18. CWells
      CWells
      Whenever I come across little road blocks in my combat mechanics because of skills that slightly conflict with the rules of my game/class/enemy parameters, it just feels so good when I find a creative solution to keep things as they are and get things moving smoothly again. It's just a great feeling.
      2. CWells
        CWells
        Sometimes it's just a little number adjustment, other times it's a "no don't use this for defense, use this instead" but regardless, it's fun keeping things properly set
        Nov 13, 2013
      3. Solo
        Solo
        Yes, yes it is. As a matter of fact, I think I was sometimes addicted to fiddling with the numbers and statistics in my project. It just feels... so... GOOD to achieve that PERFECT balance! ^_^
        Nov 13, 2013
      4. CWells
        CWells
        Yeah it's kind of weird. I caught myself doing this too :/
        Nov 13, 2013
    19. CWells
      CWells
      Creating some monster graphics for Conjurers College. Fun. Been too long since I used tablet. Work...but it's my work. So it's good work.
    20. CWells
      CWells
      I tried to tie holy magic to current hp. lol the scaling is ridiculous even at 0.12 percent when higher level enemies use holy magic. XD I'll fix that
      2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        though of course if your user has a 1M HP, then 0.12% would be 1200...
        Nov 11, 2013
      3. CWells
        CWells
        actually 12% of 1M would be 120000 :p Missed a 0
        Nov 11, 2013
      4. CWells
        CWells
        I found my fix though. I'm just using MAT as a balance to cut on current hp dependency and have upped the MDF that the strikes go against. So far, I'm getting pretty nice stable numbers with:

a.MAT * 3.6 + a.hp * 0.16 - b.mdf * 5.2
        Nov 11, 2013
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Philosophy, RPG's, Art, writing, cooking, Nature