CWells
Last Activity:
Aug 2, 2016

Share This Page

CWells

Storyteller/Artist, Male

Veteran

MIght be inactive for long period as I try to hang on to potential job opportunities. Been ridiculously difficult here. I have to do something. Apr 16, 2014

CWells was last seen:
Aug 2, 2016
    1. CWells
      CWells
      My whole gripe with giving a sleep state restorative effects is that you are being put to sleep in combat. How could you possibly have time to rest? You're still in great danger and are being forced into a state of unconsciousness. That is not the same as rest...
      1. Arin
        Arin
        And a bed magically restores unconsciousness.
        Nov 10, 2013
    2. CWells
      CWells
      Having too much fun setting up all the little events for game. Now I gotta work on creating enemies for arena. Long days of work. But it's all looking nice for something so plain
    3. CWells
      CWells
      In VX Ace the description for Certain Hit says counterattack, substitution and reflectionn are ignored. What it doesn't tell you is that it also ignores PDR and MDR buffs...
      1. Solo
        Solo
        Wow, good to know!
        Oct 24, 2013
      2. Wyn Wizard
        Wyn Wizard
        what is pdr and mdr?
        Oct 24, 2013
      3. CWells
        CWells
        PDR means Physical Damage Rate. MDR is Magical Damage Rate. Any MDR or PDR that is under 100% is RESIST. Anything over 100% is WEAKNESS. If you created a barrier spell that gives characters high resist (PDR or MDR 30%) and have a spell with Certain Hit, that Certain Hit spell will do full damage regardless of PDR or MDR.
        Oct 24, 2013
    4. CWells
      CWells
      I want to up the character count for name input processing from 16 to 22...
    5. CWells
      CWells
      Random tip, VX ACE: If you don't need to add extra slots to equipment but wish to change the names. Just go to system and under head, accessory etc, just change what it says. In the game, what you type will show up. So you can make upper body, lower body or whatever you wish for your project.
    6. CWells
      CWells
      I FIXED IT!! That administrator problem has been solved. It was my PandaCloud Antivirus >_< A month of headaches over that???
    7. CWells
      CWells
      I just tested a new command skill allowing player temporary control over summon. It's looking good.
      1. Traveling Bard
        Oct 5, 2013
    8. CWells
      CWells
      NOTE, Remember to check the master script list to get some small but useful scripts for menus, status info etc..
    9. Celianna
      Celianna
      You not having an avatar makes me sad :(
      1. CWells
        CWells
        Sorry it bothers you so much. I know it must make it a little tricky to quickly point people out.

But I just never put thought into such a thing. Not sure why.
        Sep 13, 2013
    10. CWells
      CWells
      Setting up simple scenes and finished my states. Working with support on some larger issues. dayum
    11. CWells
      CWells
      I think I'm going to make my moon spirit have no attacks. Just serious state changes for the party. It's going to be...interesting
    12. CWells
      CWells
      dayum, can't call commonn events from states. That would have made my command options in combat for summons pretty sweet
    13. CWells
      CWells
      Bleh! Should have made a skill sheet assigning the list to my characters ages ago
    14. CWells
      CWells
      Just reorganized all my skills and am tightening up formulas. Also cleaning up the classes/levels. Still feels like I barely scratched the surface with all this data
    15. CWells
      CWells
      Note to self, if you are concerned about stats not progressing enough, or you think you are being too restrictive, just up the numbers!
      1. Diego2112
        Diego2112
        That is one way to do it. Some laugh at my method of batch-testing EACH enemy against EACH level in the range I expect players to encounter them at, but I want to make sure that it gives maximum challenge, while at the same time giving a dayum decent reward.

I've been know to up the numbers quite a bit! Once, and this is the best time-I accidentally put two extra mini-bosses in the troop, and my wife (my playtester) was like "WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!" it was...
        Aug 25, 2013
      2. CWells
        CWells
        That's the way to do it!
        Aug 28, 2013
    16. CWells
      CWells
      Sometimes I write website addresses in all caps to make it look like I'm screamig at the internet. Oh and....die pubes, die! *shave**shave*
      1. View previous comments...
      2. BILL_NYE_THO
        BILL_NYE_THO
        U WOT M8
        Aug 24, 2013
      3. Chanto
        Chanto
        wha
        Aug 24, 2013
      4. echo
        echo
        Sex prep. Destroy the pubes.
        Aug 24, 2013
    17. CWells
      CWells
      So yes. After some tests it is VX Ace that has serious administrator problems. Everything else is totally fine. I can even save into the games that the program itself wont save into because of permission issues. WTF
    18. CWells
      CWells
      Thanks to my windows error, custom graphics I made for game r no longer granted permission. Fun! Concerned about data loss from reformatting. I cant afford to buy the program again. Good thing I got backup drive
      1. View previous comments...
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Why would you need to buy the program again or any of them again? If you bought software, wherever you bought them from should give you a copy again, especially if it was via digital download.
        Aug 16, 2013
      3. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        I think it's mostly an issue of needing the resources already made, which Windows locked him out of. The default Administrator account should have all privileges on anything, since it's a hidden system account. There is always the SYSTEM account, but that's never a recommended thing to try to get into.
        Aug 16, 2013
      4. CWells
        CWells
        Nevermind the concern about buying VX Ace again. Zalerinian thanks for helping. I checked off in my file properties to allow administrator privileges but it did not resolve anything. I go back to the game to try to fix up my graphics and I still get access denied, despite having full administrator rights, I am asked to look for the creator of the file (ME), and ask for administrator rights. I checked everything twice, went back and forth between accounts and still, the issue persists. No idea...
        Aug 16, 2013
    19. CWells
      CWells
      I just know right off the bat that as soon as I set everything up for a demo I'm going to get from people "extraction failed" messages T_T Just planning ahead
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        I know that feel.
        Aug 16, 2013
    20. CWells
      CWells
      Waiting on word for my unwaiting to find graphics thread. Still cant copy game folders as the copies wont find their graphics.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Philosophy, RPG's, Art, writing, cooking, Nature