Share This Page

cyanic

Veteran

Veteran
cyanic was last seen:
Nov 5, 2018
    1. cyanic
      cyanic
      Finally... my CI pipeline works. Now all I have to do to get a build on Steam is to push and click a couple buttons in GitLab.
    2. cyanic
      cyanic
      Uploading to Steam... They decided that I've failed too many times and is now asking for the Steam Guard code every time.
    3. cyanic
      cyanic
      Trying to figure out why RPG Maker is breaking for half the people on Android... it's not easy. So little information...
      1. cyanic
        cyanic
        If I could get my paws on one of those problematic devices, I'd probably have it debugged in no time. But it works on my fairly awful phone, so dunno what's happening on devices that are arguably better/newer.
        Mar 5, 2018
    4. cyanic
      cyanic
      Recent Git commits: "Fix typos", "Fix typo", "Fix typo", "Keep empty folder", "Fix typo"
      1. Nightblade50 and cji3bp62000 like this.
    5. cyanic
      cyanic
      1 a.m.: Trying to implement parallax when using Game_Screen's zoom features. Weird black bar on the side.
      1. cyanic
        cyanic
        More specifically, this specific game does not use tiles at all, only pictures. The zooming is already programmed in, but the creative director wants parallax with the background.
        Feb 23, 2018
      2. cyanic
        cyanic
        Actually, the challenge right now is I'm not sure how zooming is supposed to look with parallax. Front objects grow faster than back objects, right?
        Feb 23, 2018
    6. cyanic
      cyanic
      The best time to release a game update is 2 a.m., when you're half asleep but everything's almost done.
      1. Celianna
        Celianna
        Nighttime is my most productive time, so I regularly release something at 5 AM.
        Feb 23, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    7. cyanic
      cyanic
      I wish I can write my events with a text editor. Clicking is so tedious.
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    8. cyanic
      cyanic
      Feature wish of the day: flexible, text-based event page conditions
      1. cyanic
        cyanic
        Specifically, let me use more than one variable and two switches, let me use equals and less than for variables, and consider whether player interacted with the event as a condition. Also page pass-through where the next page is evaluated even if the current page passes all conditions.
        Nov 24, 2017
    9. cyanic
      cyanic
      OK, so that crazy project of mine: I managed to convert a VN made with MV to run under Ren'Py. And it works great.
      1. cyanic
        cyanic
        ... Maybe I should try to port some Ren'Py features to MV?
        Nov 23, 2017
    10. cyanic
      cyanic
      Idea for MV editor modding: Git integration... preferably with diffs.
    11. cyanic
      cyanic
      Kinda surprised no one seems to have made a tic-tac-toe game in MV yet.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I like that and more squares increase the length n probabilities..
        Nov 16, 2017
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Why in the world did I write "win or draw", that makes no sense when you are trying to lose :D They are trying to draw and you are trying to win or lose. The thing is, this is something of a scam, because everybody knows it's impossible to force a win in tic tac toe, so they take the bait... But then you are trying to create threes, pushing them to counter them.
        Nov 16, 2017
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        It eventually comes to a point when they have to make three or let you make three, which is a loss for them in either case :D
        Nov 16, 2017
    12. Val
      Val
      Hello! Do you think you could make a RPG Maker MV plugin to help us out to integrate achievements, trading card and cloud saves on Steam? I see you have done something great for RPG Maker VX.