Share This Page

Cyreides

Producer

Veteran
Cyreides was last seen:
Sep 19, 2016
    1. Cyreides
      Cyreides
      When you start a game, do you have the entire story mapped out before anything else, or a more basic outline to fill in as you go along with everything?
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
           If you don't want your narrative to turn into a trainwreak you'll have it plotted out ahead of time...then again, plenty of AAA titles get away with shitty narratives all the time, so maybe it's not as much of a big deal as I like to pretend it is.
        Aug 5, 2016
      3. trouble time
        trouble time
        I disagree to an extent, you need to have a basic outline, but you also need to let the story develop organically as you write it as well. A story that's over outlined typically feels pretty stiff and the characters end up feeling lifeless, at least that's what happens to me.
        Aug 5, 2016
        3 people like this.
      4. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        I have the entire story outlined, written, with dialogue ahead of time.  I do make edits as I go along, but the majority of work is done here since it is the easiest to change in this form as opposed to when it's translated to the media.  
        Aug 5, 2016
    2. Cyreides
      Cyreides
      Anyone know of somewhere or someone to get some decent concept art done up for free?
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        that's a resource request, or if you have more than just a few, a project recruitment request.  There are forums for both of those.
        Aug 4, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Cyreides
        Cyreides
        Ahhhh, I honestly wasn't sure if this was the type of resource to request here.

And I'm actually trying to acquire some things like this before I make the recruitment thread so I have more than just some ideas to show for it.
        Aug 4, 2016
    3. Cyreides
      Cyreides
      Really dying to get involved with a project here musically, or get a team together for a game. I've got a story with the basic plot outlined and some major details as well and concepts and imagery in mind, yet no way to bring it to life. Ugh.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Cyreides
        Cyreides
        I'm a composer, but I'd actually prefer to write and oversee design related things on a project.
        Jul 22, 2016
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Best of luck. There are literally hundreds of talented composers out there. You'd do well to practice any other areas of development you think you can handle, like mapping or coding/scripting... or eventing (not as difficult, but that's just me)... spriting, etc.
        Jul 22, 2016
      4. Cyreides
        Cyreides
        Yeah, and I'm out of practice with this type of production too. I'm probably better off doing something else, which is why I'd love to get a full team for my own game at this point. I've been wanting to start on it for close to two years now but I lack the skills/time to bring something that big to life on my own. I'm not sure what areas besides story related things I could handle.

Thanks for the well wishes though.
        Jul 23, 2016
  • About

First Language:
    English