Cythera
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• *Adds new plugin to game* *Tests new plugin on old save file* *panics when it doesn't work, spending 45 minutes combing through code and praying it isn't a compatibility issue*
    So. I done good. I forgot the beginner rules of plugin use. >.>
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Cythera
    Cythera
    I is master?
    Awwwww <3
    I know what ya mean though, haha. Just an embarrassing brain-dead moment!
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Heh, I've still forgotten to turn off an autorun and wonder why my game is not working and I've been using the engine for...6 years now.
    Cythera
    Cythera
    Oh no! We've all been there, bg :3
    The worst is the panicking you do trying to find and then solve the problem, only to realize it was a beginners' mistake. Congrats, you win shame! Please insert 5 hours to play again.
    Phew, just took my chemistry exam today! Ready to play some games and maybe get some more project work in!
    If anyone's got a game they want feedback on...let me know. Too many choices; I can't decide! I give good feedback :3 And ya know, if you wanna try my game in exchange... ;)
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Cythera, is a difficult chemistry exam? What do you learn? I am ok with the chemistry subject.
    Cythera
    Cythera
    Thanks; I'm hoping I passed too! Felt really confident with the exam.
    And no, Kupo, it's not very hard - least, I didn't find the course difficult. It involved organic chemistry, electrochemistry, thermochemistry, and equilibriums (solids, solutions, and acids & bases).
    I get the results for the exam later this week. I'll see how 'difficult' the course is once my final mark is in haha!
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Cythera, ok, you are finishing the class with the final exam lol. I hope you get good great. I still have to finish your game. It is really good lol. Let mix the baking powder with vinegar party lol.
    Another day, another microwave accidently set on fire! >.< I just wanted popcorn for a movie night...
    I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
    Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Making silly mistakes is NEVER a bad thing as long as you know quickly what was causing it to go wrong - the knowledge and confidence you have in that is the greatest symbol you can have of how far you really have come with the engine.

That said, yeah, dozens of playtests before a public release is not optional!
    My life lessons of the week:
    - Do not microwave ketchup
    - Check for tinfoil on peanut butter tubs before microwaving
    - Do laundry in small lots rather than one big lot that you have to cram into drawers
    - What do you mean it's only Monday?!
    - I am not ready to adult :(
    Oh, my project thread got approved really fast! ^-^
    Hey, who wants to playtest a game?!
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    I should your methods for timelines. Thank you for your tips.
    Quick question, what's the best way to capture-er, I mean RECRUIT playtesters? Should I make a project thread and use that?
    "Who invented this nonsense?!" I say as I playtest my new labyrinth. In my own game.
    Clearly, I need sleep and the labyrinth needs a rework!
    My game just hit 400 maps today. Minus a test+event template map, all are interactive and explorable.
    Still haven't published a demo though XD
    falken14
    falken14
    that is absolutely phenomenal. well done!
    Cythera
    Cythera
    Thanks @falken14
    I have no overworld map - think pokemon or ffx connector maps. And also decided to have a large country with lots of places to explore! :D
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    400? Wow. The Book of Shadows was barely over 400 maps, and 50 of those were one off secret rooms. If I remove those and the organizational empty maps I'd be under 400 maps in my game.
    I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?
    Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
    ...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How is everyone doing? I hope you do not get into trouble.
And (un)surprisingly, I already started developing a old project as MZ code right off from the bat. Waiting the launch anxiously...
Is there a single word I can use instead Magic Defense", but has the same meaning?
does anyone know where I could theoretically post a game i made full of copyrighted content so that I can get feedback on it

edit: not looking to make any money or anything. just want criticism
Yay! It's raining! ^.^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhateverImDrunk