Cythera
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Awarded medals About

• I just want to share that I'm feeling so much better than I was a few weeks ago. It's really weird to have this much energy! I've been doing better in school too.
    My poor friends, though! Since I have more energy and feel much happier, I jump topics when talking to them about a dozen times a minute! There's just so much I want to talk to them about :kaojoy:
    I planned to finish the maps for a dungeon tonight.
    What did I do? I made an optional side quest and boss! Success! :yhappy:
    Wait a second...
    All my classes for second term just got moved to online. I can't complain. I wasn't looking forward to driving into university at 6pm in Canadian winters. Plus, I just prefer online classes, being the antisocial weird creature I am! :yswt:
    Cythera
    Cythera
    That's awesome, ATT. It is important to school kids! It may seem really small to adults, but it's huge to them haha. The 'we have no school because there's snow! Time to play outside!' is so exciting!
    I still get happy about the idea of snow days, and I'm a uni student haha. My classes stop for nothing. Now if I'll attend or choose to play in the snow...
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Actually, my mom gets excited about snow days too. Mostly because she works at a school, LOL.
    Cythera
    Cythera
    I just realized this means I won't be able to audit the game dev course I want
    Because I won't have the zoom meeting link or password
    Now I am very upset :yswt2:
    Yay, I'm on anti inflammatory medicine awaiting blood test results because of severe and never ending headaches ._.
    I do not have time for this nonsense
    Cythera
    Cythera
    Yeah, it does answer a lot of questions over the years - cold hands and feet, tiring easily, shortness of breath.
    Doesn't bring me any joy at the moment though haha. Even if it is manageable. Nobody likes to find out there's something medical not right
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    Unfortunately most of us have something that's not quite at 100%
    Frequent doctor visits to be certain things are still under control are not fun and even with insurance ends up being more money than I would like....
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, it's not fun to know there's something unfixable with your body. Nobody really wants to take pills or shots forever. Still, as someone who has an untreatable chronic illness, I think something treatable is ultimately a blessing. I think you'll be surprised by how much easier some things are once your symptoms are under control.
    I totally misread the date for my math test, so I just wrote a test without studying and I am very afraid :kaoswt2:
    Reading week is over; back to school time. Which is a shame, because I'm suddenly feeling super inspired to work on my game :yswt: It's fine; I only have 2 tests and 4 assignments due this week!
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Oh is that all? Easy-peasy :p
    Cythera
    Cythera
    1 math test, 1 psych test(technically midterm #2), 3 programming assignments, and 1 group business assignment lol
    Nothing difficult. Just time consuming.
    How dare university take away from my game dev time?! ;)
    Happy Halloween, everyone!!! :kaojoy:
    I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
    My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
    Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
    coucassi
    coucassi
    In my first game there was a secret room you could reach by inserting a special coin into a public washing machine, full of gold and lost clothes. Maybe I was closer to reality than I thought. Did you check for any hidden passages in your magic washing machine?
    WashingMachineThroneRoom.png
    Cythera
    Cythera
    No but I should!
    And that's also a really nifty idea; it's giving me some fun side quest ideas :3 Like a door that opens to different places with a different key
    Alador
    Alador
    @coucassi, there's this art group called Meow Wolf who made an exhibition called the House of Eternal Return, in which they put an interdimntional gateway inside of a washing machine, I'm not even kidding xD
    I have a micro economics midterm tomorrow. I'm not worried.
    Should be a...small exam :kaojoy:
    Coding class: Python
    Game dev work: Javascript
    Result: AHHH!!! Writing program for an assignment and having it crash and burn because I used Javascript syntax or format. Or having my game die on me because of a python call :yswt:
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    WmweK6co_400x400.jpg
    I don't think I've ever shared the time I broke the time-space continuum here haha. Found the old screen shot when cleaning up my phone photo album

Attachments

• 2021-04-26 19.17.03.png
      2021-04-26 19.17.03.png
      48 KB · Views: 6
    I may have overdesigned my boss battle for the bout contest... :yswt: Especially with so little time I have to develop and bug test it!
    The key mechanic causes infinite loops hehehe...
    Reactions: Walldeaf
    Lady_JJ
    Lady_JJ
    Looking forward to seeing your entry. Of course you realize after Retheam Temple, you've set the bar pretty high for yourself. :kaosalute:
    Cythera
    Cythera
    I know... :yswt: Should be fun! I'm enjoying seeing the other entries too
    Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
    Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I'm glad I rarely, if ever, need to write things by hand these days. I'm so thankful that we live in an age where you can do almost everything digitally.
    Reactions: Quexp
    Cythera
    Cythera
    I find hand writing notes helps me retain information better than typing notes - otherwise I would 110% spare myself the time and pain!
    Reactions: Quexp
    Quexp
    Quexp
    I totally agree! There's definitely something to physically writing things down.
    First day of university done. I was super worried about any course that requires math skills, because I haven't really used math for a while. Except, I have.
    There is some notable overlap between my math-based classes and the math used in game dev. Fractions, percentages, coordinates. It's, super cool to see actually! ^-^
    It has been so long since I've done any serious writing in my game that I've forgotten the characters' voices :yswt2: Ooohh boi, that means I get to rewrite the next scene several times over until I get their voices back.
    • Wow
    Reactions: RCXDan
    Meowsticks
    Meowsticks
    Definitely one of the hardest things to write when you don't have the character's voice in your head/haven't got it pinned down yet.
    Cythera
    Cythera
    I hope after 30 hours in game, I have character voices down XD
    I just have been so focused on bug hunting and mechanics and balancing, I haven't written major scenes with them for a while. Gotta get back in their heads, ya know?
    Today, I tortured my internet by downloading 20 files at once and then I played a guessing game as to which would finish their download first :kaojoy:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So here we go again with my programming. Currently I don't know what to program, so I am just doing things to see what I can make. Currently just photoshop though :/ Join in if you wish to see the stream. Very exclusive, mostly just 1-2 people watching.
I'm feeling rough today, a bit too many last night I'd say. Still have no choice to work on Corpse Mansion. That and I got. bunch of sales last night. I was like wtf this morning? Next payout is gonna be nice at least.
I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duy140502